Forums > Videos > First video- please comment

Login/Join to Participate

tastelifenewbie
5 posts

Posted:
My first post as well. I've been spinning for about 3 months now and this is my first video. Since I don't have anyone to practice with (I've learned through this site, mainly.) I would really appreciate any tips or critiques. Thanks so much!

https://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1409496317

Tastelife

p.s. A bit about the vid. I didn't realize I was being filmed, so the beginning and end are missing. Additionally this was impromptu and I don't really have a routine yet!

EDITED_BY: tastelife (1163587389)

Jesus saves people...and redeems them for cash and prizes

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Hi Tastie,

What you need is to clear your behind the back's,
try it wall plane to turn with them.

Your hands were so fixed!

Keep the move of both of your hands,
as smooth, as rhyme.

keep on spinning,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

tastelifenewbie
5 posts

Posted:
Thank you so much for the feedback! It's hard to move past a certain point when you're trying to learn on your own and I really appreciate the input. It is very helpful.

Tastelife (Jayce)

RAZESILVER Member
How much for a truckload of feathers?
108 posts

Posted:
Hey

Trust me, it's better when you don't "realise" you're being filmed wink And that's a great first video - I only got my fire down at 10 months, so well done smile

i agree with the stuff Richee said about your hands being fixed. Also - and I don't know if this is just because myspace makes the video a bit jerky - it looks like you don't complete a lot of your circles. As irritating as it is, you need to practise one hand at a time - starting with your "bad" hand until your moves are fluent and smooth. When you then poi with both hands, it will probably be easier to follow through from onen move to another.

I also learned on my own, and it's trial and error when there's no one there to show you exactly how it's done. But, at least you will develop your own unique style which isn't based on anyone's "brand" of spinning.

At 3 months you're doing great smile Keep it up !!

If you eat your dessert before your dinner, you will live longer. Living longer means more fire....

boobookittyfudgeGOLD Member
sneaky little kitty
251 posts

Posted:
yes, nice video. impressive for only 3 months. i would say work on transitions and keeping your planes even. good job, keep it up!

you want the truth? you can't handle the truth!

mmmmm...cheesecake

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
very cool vid-wish i had been that good after three months

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Yah-booey to routines bounce2
Go with the improv my friend biggrin

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

tastelifenewbie
5 posts

Posted:
Thank you! The encouragement is just as helpful as the critiques! I'm still making equipment choices. Trying differend grips, weights, fuels etc. That's one area where having others around would definately help!

Jayce
Non-Https Image Link