Forums > Social Chat > How stupid can folks be, or The march of the drones

Login/Join to Participate

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
It has occured to me that I'm quite intelligent, ok, I have the odd day where I go looking for my glasses only to find their allready on my face, but compared to the average person on the street, I'm an A class genius.

This thread is for ranting at how stupid people can be, I'm focusing on tourists, neds, chavs, shoppers and suits. please, add your rant here.

Here's a few from me:

Why do Neds/Chavs think it's cool to tuck their track suit trousers into their white socks?

Why do people entering or exiting a shop or shopping centre via double doors, all try to squeeze through one door then look at anyone who opens the other door as if they are a witch fit for burning?

Why, in a city full of university students, can't anyone press the button at a set of traffic lights? I arrive at a crossing to find a crowd of dull faced suits and students waiting for the magical change of the red man into a green man and that magical beeping, not one of them has pressed the button and it's burried somewhere in that crowd, so we have to either bash our way through and press it, shout at the person nearest it or wait till the lights come on in the zombie nearest it.

How come it costs £1.10 for a tin of coke in a pub?!

Why do tourists get so enthusiastic about seagulls, honestly, the amount of times I've bumped into one sho stops dead in my path to photo an effing gull is just stupid, and they walk in that dazed zig zag pattern that sends locals reeling in all directions.

Why can't taxi drivers count and give the correct change?

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
thats cos pommie seagulls are HUGE! they're 2 or 3 times the size of our seagulls!!!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
hehehe, we have killer gulls! horrible things! smelly, ugly, noisy.... I saw two of them ripping a pigeon to pieces on the way to work a while back at 7 in the morning, not good to see after a heavy night! they're so bad in some areas that the local bird of prey centres are employed to use their harris hawks to kill them, after reports of them attacking school kids. See, Alfred Hitchcock was RIGHT!

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
I've recently seen a pack of biscuits where the picture on the side, the picture of a biscuit that is obviously the size of your head, has beneath it "biscuit shown not actual size"..... well DUH!

One of my old bosses has a plasma screen TV with a sticker on it saying "this appliance is not dishwasher proof"..... Well DUUUUHHHHH!!!!

I mean, how stupid are people that they need things like this stated?

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I have a question mr sunbird!!!!

pick me!!!

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
what's that mr dragon?

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
ooh! now i have two!

1) when did i have a sex change?

2) how insanely bored are you right now?

ubbrollsmile

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
whoops. MS Dragon... Ms, Ms, Ms *thumps it into skull*
I'm on a night shift, I'm bored, I want to go home to Tinklepants and snuggle up. But saying that, this is stuff I've needed to get off my chest for years, ther'll be more, MUCH more lol.

PyroMonkeyGOLD Member
b...bal...lence?....
370 posts

Posted:
I can answer that!!!
1) 10/11/06 02:53 PM (well its wat it sys for me)
2) as bored as i am!!!

oh and btw the seagulls in sydney may not be big, but theyre clever buggers!!!
if you sit on a seat with a sandwich, they will knock it out of your hands the second you look away!!!

PyroMonkeyGOLD Member
b...bal...lence?....
370 posts

Posted:
dang you just beat me smile

you may continue if you feel like it!!

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Aye, our's are trained by the great seagull god to nick chips (that's a warm fried potato chip that's served with fish and has salt and vinegar on, just some info for our international friends) out of your fingers as soo as you try to put it in your mouth!

PyroMonkeyGOLD Member
b...bal...lence?....
370 posts

Posted:
mmmmmm chips and vinegar......

Your seagulls sound like tricky little buggers!!! I had one that managed to snake the pickle out of my burger, only good thing ive ever seen them do! (apart from poop all over silly rich people's boats)

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Here they try to act like crows, we can't call them SEAgulls cos they moslty live inland, it's like an invasion.

PyroMonkeyGOLD Member
b...bal...lence?....
370 posts

Posted:
So your's are winning the inland battle??

The magpie's here are waaaaaaaaaaay to smart for our seagulls. i swear they organise like and underground (or abovegound...) army/movement.

but that may just be my perspective, i was a paper boy for a few years, aka their target/sport/play-thing...

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
I hear the magpies you have are way different to our magpies, yours like to chase people, ours like to nick shiny things, yours are big, ours are small, yours can sing, ours sound like celine dion with her throat kicked in.

Our gulls were winning, till recently, now it seems the crows are on the increase and are kicking back! hooray!

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
I dunno, we've got loads of seagulls up here (but then I do live by the sea), and the ones on this coast are blimmin' well PROTECTED!!!! I mean - what?! They poo all over your washing and attack peoples for no good reason, other than they is feeling quite peckish.....eek

"Lots of beeping. And shaking and tinfoil." Chelly

"Are you sure it's a genuine test and not a robot heroin addict?" Cantus

---set free by the rather lovely FireTom---
--(right arm owned by Fyre)--

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
A baby seagull fell into our coutyard once and we were too scared of it to go out there. We called him Steven (Steven Seagull-get it?! ubblol ), threw some tuna at him when he didn't leave after a few days and called animal control.

I have often been woken up by the voice of seagulls fighting outside my bedroom window..it's the only time I really really hate living by the sea...

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
A couple of really stupid ones here:

Why do nut packets have the warning "may contain nuts"

And is it really racist to sing the song baba black sheep (it's now called baba rainbow sheep) confused2

blu valley, are seagulls really that scary?

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

Nonkymember
44 posts

Posted:
Why does baa baa rainbow sheep sound so horrific? Like something Barney would sing? yuk ....

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Why do some people walk in the middle of a cycle path and when you approach them from behind and ring your bell to warn, they turn around ever so slowly to look what it is (duh, you're on a cycle path!) instead of just moving immediately to the side, so that you still have to brake?!

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
it's really called ba ba rainbow sheep?! that's ridiculous!
although, it would be cool! there'd be no need to dye wool, it would transform the knitting and crochet world!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Why can't roberstons jam have those old G******g dolls, they were great and I never thought of them as a racist thing when I sat down to eat my marmalade on toast, I was a kid...... Why are adults so caught up in complaining, criticising, moaning and either telling someone they are wrong or believeing they are wrong themselves? Societies stolen our youth!

ChellySILVER Member
Niraffe
884 posts

Posted:
political correctness made easy

Or how about some stupid warning signs

ubblol ubblol ubblol

"Lots of beeping. And shaking and tinfoil." Chelly

"Are you sure it's a genuine test and not a robot heroin addict?" Cantus

---set free by the rather lovely FireTom---
--(right arm owned by Fyre)--

spinningstarletSILVER Member
enthusiast
271 posts

Posted:
Why, when i call a taxi do they ask where i am going, but when the taxi gets there the driver asks where i am going, and then radios in to tell the people who asked me when i called in the first place?!?!?????

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
well,
it may be that they ask when you call to see if the locations are within their jurisdiction...
shrug

people are stupid, i shall agree, see my blog considering my ex and stupidity

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Circus MidgetSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
Oooh hate when people just HAVE to push the button, on lifts, at traffic lights, on the train, when clearly the button is ALREADY PUSHED. AAAAAAAARGH!

"It was me! I was the turkey all along!"

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Nearly every time we get on a bus recently the same thing happens, a group of neds(chavs) get on the bus and one holds a fag butt he's obviously picked up of a bin, holding it like it's a spliff and blows smoke over the other passengers laughing, the other two carry on a conversation which goes like this:

"Oi, did ye see ut whun aah hit tha guy?"

"yeah, it was well wicked"

"aah luv hittin peepl, I'm so hard, I'm 15 and aah reckn aah can get into strip clubs and score wiv gurls init"

"yeah man, an if you get stopped at a nightclub you can jus hit the guy!"

"look at that twat hippie wiv glasses"

Gods, they are just so stupid! how can anyone get pleasure out of spending their days hitting people? what is that?