Forums > Meet Others > New Zealand here comes Jess

Login/Join to Participate

jessfaerieSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
ok

i shall be headed down to this fine country hopefully early 2007 (early as in jan/feb).

having never been there before, does anyone have any suggestions as to places i should go etc? i will probably be over there for 6 months or so, maybe even longer if i like it eeeep!

im told the south island is really beautiful, so ill probably spend most of my time there.

im going all by my little self so it would be great to meet people over there.

any festivites or regular twirling meets anyone can fill me in on?
does NZ have any good music festivals?

anyhoo would love to hear what you all have to say smile

lalala

love jess

oh ps. my forte is staff. but i would love to learn alllllll the other sorts of fiery things people play with biggrin

"...life is like John Howard- too short to waste time worrying..."

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Hi there Jess
I shall also be in NZ in January. I'll be in the south island doing street shows. You should check out the World Buskers festival in Christchurch from 18th Jan (I think) - Check out wonderfull 3 woman Fire Troupe from Canada - Les Walkyries.
Hopefully SOLAR (my troupe) will be there next year.
PM with your own email if you wanna meet up.
Otherwise i'll be at Woodford doing my shows also
Have fun
Rob

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
In Wellington, there's the Fringe Festival running from February till March. And there's also the Cuba Street Carnival there on the 23th and 24th of February! An absolute must!

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
I don't know about any festivals or anything, but I can vouch for the beauty of the South island.

Queenstown is very nice (if a little touristy) and the mountains around are stunning!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

brent_bnewbie
7 posts

Posted:
I guess I should reply since i live in NZ smile
I cant think of anything to suggest at the moment but i will put my thinking cap on. Im probably just easy to please, but i am constantly amazed at the scenery i come across while visiting different parts of the country, either in the north or south islands.

jessfaerieSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
bah. it doesnt look like ill be getting to NZ till may at least now frown ohhhhhhhh well. hehe, thats if i dont skip it all together and go straight to ireland...:p

"...life is like John Howard- too short to waste time worrying..."