Page: ...
strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
So, without further adoooooo!

Im planning on invading Meg for a week in december during the xmas break.... on invite i must add although we want to recruit more! So who fancies a new years in Ed.....

It will be full of staffy goodness and you will get the oppertunity to either hurl abuse or hug the lady know as MCP.

Come on, come on come on.......

juggle weavesmiley ubbrollsmile weavesmiley juggle

*still no damn staff gremlin*

ubblol

Interested?

(applicants must like drink, be aware of a glasgow kiss, like sticks and want to have a wicked time oh and have nothing better to do wink but hey - what could be better, i hear Ed rocks on new years!)

biggrin

*update*

Megs

Strugz

Crono

Ado-p

Amille

Zauderbachs

Sandy

T&B

Garthy

Nx’s

Durbs (well Nx did sound excited of the thought wink) should he decide to not be stupid

Mrs Durbs

Neon

Marnie

MikefromGlo

Yakumo

& yer friend if they decide to come? smile

Katrina

2bags

Nate

Others that can live there or can sort themselves and should make an apperance at somepoint:

Mo-seph

Bluecat

Fluff

Burningoftheclavey

Why

Tink

Sunbird

Screech

the_anti_anthony

pricklyleaf

Thats still a nice little possey biggrin

Guys that cant make it that we should show sympathy for (but only for a short period) then they go back to being gay smile :

Bams

Cole

Duballstar & Lady

Lucos

People that need abuse for not even trying to get there:

Antti

well - i still count 30 people smile

ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

lost property:

1x thin red staff bag with two tiny staffs in it.
1x blue carharrt hat

ooooops You ok holding on to them till the SJC?

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
if it'll make you come up ere... yup! biggrin ubbangel

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

IrinusBRONZE Member
enthusiast
222 posts

Posted:
Garthy, I've got your coffee filter. When r u coming to London (or inviting everyone to Bristol biggrin ) ?

the_anti_anthonymember
36 posts

Posted:
I did mean to make it to some of the fun and meet some people, but it ended up getting too chaotic. Got back from Lancashire/Yorkshire last night, heading to France first thing tomorrow...

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Right now i've recovered enough (yes its taken me 3 days!) I may have been suffering a little post christmas blues cos i quit my shitty job yesterday, roll on the lie ins

Massive thanks to everyone for a wicked time

Meg + ian well done for putting up with that many smelly hippies, im really jelous of your studio, its better than mine frown obviously this will have to be rectified
Alex + Alison thanks for putting us up wink it was great meeting you, you guys rock.
Yakumo dude my back feels loads better, trying to walk like you showed me but it still feels really weird, guess ill get used to it.
Chrono always a pleasure dude, your gaylord move is TOTALY gay, i love it
Strugz you know what im thankfull for, always great to see you and when do i get to see me and tim making arses of ourselfs on camera?
Nx great meeting you too dude, i still challenge you to fing something that actually offends me, you nearly came close but try harder man
Evan, Aidan, Faberge, Amilee wicked to meet you all, evan if i had even half your grace id be a happy man and faberge that burn was insane hope you can find a replacment
Neon you arnt nearly gay enough, try harder, good seeing you.
Rob/Ros (hereby collectivly known as ourobouros, wikipedia it) wish id got to see more of you but standing about in the cold was made better by being with you guys
and everyone else for a simply amazing new year.

I vote that you move Edinburgh closer to Bristol next time, 9 hour journeys are just silly.

"Don't do it naked!"

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: -sandy-

Right now i've recovered enough (yes its taken me 3 days!) I may have been suffering a little post christmas blues cos i quit my shitty job yesterday, roll on the lie ins

I nearly did that as soon as I got back but common sense tells me to wait till March (when I've officially been there 3 years)

Neon you arnt nearly gay enough, try harder, good seeing you.

Yeth thir! wink and ditto...

Rob/Ros (hereby collectivly known as ourobouros, wikipedia it)

Someone's been watching Red Dwarf... tongue

Btw - Remember when I said '4 months'? It was actually more 2 1/2 biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
on quitting jobs : careful, you know you forfeit your rights to benefits if you quit. It's better to try to come to some kind of mutual 'I wanna leave' arrangement with your boss if you can, plus it shows them how unhappy you are and gives them to opportunity to try to offer you something better.

bit late that advice for you though I guess Sandy, hope you'll be ok, and have lots of fun till you find what you want to do smile

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

whyBRONZE Member
not _Y_
720 posts

Posted:

Great to meet yous all... what little time I did sped out with y'all anyhow.
Always great to see the ones I know, and start meeting the ones I've know virtually. 'Course I've forgotten most names and/or never connected which "real" name were people's real (HoP) name... but you were all lovely.

Still love to drool at the talent you've all got going on (and the staff moves too) wink.

Much thanks to organisers and accomodaters (even tho I was sorted :P couldn't have met the others without them having a place to stay)

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Yakumo

on quitting jobs : careful, you know you forfeit your rights to benefits if you quit.

Yea i thought of that, luckily i was working through an agency on a temp contract so i can just say the contract came to an end without having to give the companies address, just the agencies. Thankfully my agency are really sound and will back me up.

"Don't do it naked!"

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
frown so gutted i couldnt be there sounds like i missed out on one helluva new year..! but there was no other option... boo!

still, was good to catch up with you tom and nice to meet you meg, briefly...

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

TinyPixieSILVER Member
enthusiast
394 posts

Posted:
hellooooo!! I know I'm late and everyone else has already said their thanks yous and I love yous, but I'm always late to everything... so here are mine:

Meg: Thanks so much for organising such an amazing week!and for putting up with so many of us in your house hug you rock!! peace
Ian: ditto on the putting up with us! hug
Alex (and Alison!) thank you so so much for housing us! you guys are amazingly sweet and lovely and talented! kiss
Tartan Fairy: much of the same as above with added hugs and kisses gorgeous! kiss hug
Strugz: Thanks for looking after my ring honey hug lovely to see you again!
Neon: I love you dude! no worries bout the magnet winknow put that tongue away young man!:D
Yakumo: thank you for an amazing massage whilst stuck in traffic smile
Matt: Thank you for the hacky sack honey - lovely to meet you again!
Nx: great to meet you dude smileawesome dancing in Meg's garden by the way biggrin
Chrono: you are amazingly talented! I wish I could staff frown
Evan: so great to meet you!kiss you're amazing at everything! thank you so much for an amazing breakfast!
Garthy: Hello! hug we do indeed have your coffee thingy smile lovely to see you again honey! hope to see you soon! synergy perhaps?
Oli: Thanks for putting up with me on ny eve being completely wasted! hug your hair looks lovely by the way smile
Tim, Sandy, Faberge, Ros, Rob, why: Great to meet you guys hug Come down to London sometime!

To anyone I've missed out: sorry, my memory is rubish!

Thanks for a great holiday guys! kiss hug kiss ubblove

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
hug
It's amazing how much you can miss people after only just one day away..
there were conditions on the left over food you know wink, I hope you've tried making a nice meal for Irinus and yourself smile
Started a thread in events for the next synergy the other night bounce

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

lost property:
2x heavy steel practise staffs with silver ends.

Bugger just realised those would be mine. Please can you look after them till next time meg redface

"Don't do it naked!"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yeah, see you at BJC or something?

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
yea BJC for sure might try and make it to scottish convention too dunno yet. Is that sooner? ill go have a look in events

"Don't do it naked!"

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
will this thread ever die?

well done tiny pixie for using the most possible smiley in one post. clap

t wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

fckinippystranger
30 posts

Posted:
Told you i didn't hop much!

Wow! I'm sat here a little bit choked up reading all the lovely things people have said...

I'm sooooo glad everyone had a good time (i know i did!!!) It really was a pleasure to play host to such lovely people.

Thanks to everyone who stayed at mine - in your own way every single one of you contributed to definately the best new year in (partial) memory!

I *WILL* be seeing youse...

Alex. XXX

TinyPixieSILVER Member
enthusiast
394 posts

Posted:
Thanks Nx! hug ubbrollsmile kiss bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 peace beerchug juggle hug weavesmiley heh heh! I just get carried away, what can I say?

Aw! Alex! you're so sweet! I miss all you guys too frown It's all very sad... and it's ages til the next meet.. and it's January frown

You are all very welcome to come and stay with Irinus and me if you guys are ever in London hug

Yakumo: I know! I need to make the curry at once!

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
careful what you wish for wink

I'd love to stay with you guys around the next Synergy if your going, and it'd be ok with you all?

[Old link]

And fcknippy you should start an into thread, even if there's nothing in it, just so people can drop you greetings smile
EDITED_BY: Yakumo (1168304097)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yeah thanks again alex for mopping up the hippies after my cabin-fever freak out. Star!

fckinippystranger
30 posts

Posted:
You know I've got your back, G...

TinyPixieSILVER Member
enthusiast
394 posts

Posted:
That would be lovely Yakumo smile Anyone else up for Synergy?

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
tempting................ that it is.......... ubbrollsmile

never been - can i take my phat sticks in there of the glowy kind......... biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Yup. Not only is it allowed, it's encouraged. Speak to the resident Monkeyboy about getting a juggler's discount! biggrin Tape glow-things to your big staff and there's PLENTY of room for single-staff contact at the beginning and end of the night... biggrin

I don't think I can go to this one - need to save money and/or work holiday time frown

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
/me tries to encourage the synergy conversation to gently flow over to the synergy thread I linked 6 posts up smile

>

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
hello everyone biggrin

sorry about the delay, am compooterless at the mo...

just a quick thanks to everyone who made it such a memorable weekend. t'was lovely to meet you all! big hug to all, especially meg, alex & tom grouphug

the w*nkers at 'Sleazyjet' refused to take my staffs on my flight home. it was an absolute bloody nightmare! they were taking no responsibility for them at all, according to them i may as well have put them in the bin! thankfully i managed to persuade a friendly airport security guy to "officially seize" them, that way they're held for 30 days until someone can pick them up (which the lovely Alex has agreed to do :o) ) i had to officially surrender them under the "Surrender of Prohibited Articles" act ubblol felt a bit like an international terrorist...

well, i think i've found a new place to live (will know for sure by friday) an apartment in a mansion on 4 acres of grounds with a swimming pool, ceilings the same height as meg's place etc. am sooo happy, has great potential for a wicked fire party, will just have to suss out the neighbours, but from what i can gather they're all artists, photographers etc, so i'm sure it'll all be cool.

any of you are welcome in belfast any time, might see some of you again at uberfrog

slán for now....

Lisa peace

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
@new home - holy crap Fabergé , that sounds amazing, how on earth...

really sorry to hear about the staff probs, were they washed rinsed and dried when you brought them over in the first place, but then still a bit fuelled up on the way out? frown

I'm sure people will be able to figure out a way to get them back to you, at worst the wicks could be ditched they're comparatively cheep and real easy to replace.

hug

TinyPixieSILVER Member
enthusiast
394 posts

Posted:
Oh poor Faberge! I hate airport silliness frown They keep on taking my tweezers away - the censored! Oh, and who is your estate agent??

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi all,
Here's a little message to say thank you to you Meg and to you Alessandro for having us and for making the experience fun and 'meaningful', to quote a friend. You guys take care now and forget not May 6th or the fact of Aer Arann flights right into Galway for €35. Your names are permanantly inscribed in the ideal form of the couch in my transient abode.
And that goes for the rest of you aswell,
Except you Tom! biggrin you censored Ha-ha, you know where I'm coming from, you're sound, as they say;
Peace love beauty justice truth
and the manipulation of random objects,
E...

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
nice flip, sound, aye. T beerchug

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Page: ...