Forums > Social Chat > Should i Quit my job ?

Login/Join to Participate

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Okay im standing here sick and tired of been made feal im a fat useless Pig, Stupid not worth the time of day.

Been told im gay (not thats a offensive )(but im not )just cause im not interested in the local girls/scrubbers !.

Most of this behaviour happens cause my supervisor (a major suck ass to people higher than him ) Encourages this .

Should i tell him to get [censored] !

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
hug
Dude, you rock, Ive met you once, and have met many other HOPpers, and trust me you rock. kiss

But im sure you know that anyway and its not the issue in question anyway.

I would tell your boss to go eff himself, but that only so I can see you more in Brisbane! nana

Three days man! Then im there! biggrin

Seriously though... I like cheese. wink
Erm, I would honestly say that I would talk to him first, and say whats annoying you, and that you feel he is encouraging it, and that if he doesnt sort it out, that you will goto his supervisors and inform them of what he has and hasnt done. smile

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
There could be a position as either a supervisor or leading hand going down this way, it's a fairly good crew, and you're only getting dirty as all buggery 5 days a week smile

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Pukko you are the only one that can make that desicion dood.

Take some time to weigh up the options, make a few pros and cons lists and then make a choice when you are not so emotionally pissed at your boss...

Just follow your gut instinct /heart...

Love K
hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Dude, the things he is saying to you is harrassment, and can be filed. I'd take up on that before leaving.

Simply walking away, while it will remove you from the situation, will only encourage his behaviour to someone else comes along. I say take it to a higher level.

You're a cool dude, Puk,and anyone who says otherwise deserves to be smeared with jam and thrown into a pool of hungry bullants biggrin

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
ditto

Calling an employee 'gay' is harassment. You should begin to log such incidents over the next few weeks then

1) tell your boss that you find the behaviour unacceptable and ask what he is prepared to do about it

2) If he laughs, dismisses you or fails to implement change, take it up with higher management.

If you are treated poorly or receive offensive remarks after compaining, this is victimisation and can be taken to a court of law.

By all means you are entitled to just walk, but this kind of behaviour should not be tolerated! Unfortunately it is hard to change if it has become the culture of your organisation, but I say don't let the bastards win!

(You can tell I've had equality and diversity awareness training this week, can't you!)

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
what a good thread topic ubblol i've only been at my job 2 days and OH MY FRICKING GOD!!!!!!!! it's soooooo dull ubblol

all i do all day is fold closed the tops of boxes and shove them through a machine that tapes the boxes shut.

please someone..........................kill me now ubblol

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
rave: festival season over, mate (ran out of riggings to rig or whatever it is u do)? I complain about how much I hate my job, but that really does suck...

puk: long time, no nothing... smile hug ditto what brenn and tea fairy said. it needs to be taken further, regardless of your decision to stay on or move on. while you are under no obligation to do so, it would be great to see the neanderthal taken down a peg or two.

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'd lineup something better first.

Then you can leave as quietly or as loudly as you'd like.

biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
working on-site in that bogan-blokey engineering type environment can be a bit tough mate.

'taking the piss' and firing it right back alas is part of that particular work culture. im comfortable dealing with it - but even i have my limits and would sometime rather be working in a less verbally destructive workplace.

if its reaching intolerable levels and you feel uncomfortable in that environment - move on mate. your a sparky right? surely theres enough demand for skilled workers out there that you could pick up something else.

take care,
E ubbrollsmile

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UmbiliciformCraterOnFace

Dude, you rock, Ive met you once, and have met many other HOPpers, and trust me you rock

PUK - ive never met you and dont know the first thing about you, but i know UCOF and hes a good judge of character - i mean, hes told me i rock before wink

Seriously though - i work on building sites all the time and general "banter and pisstaking" always goes on, but it should be back and forward in a jokey type way......

If you not calling him names back and dont feel youhave the relationship to do so, pull him aside and tell him.

But my advise if you dont have the relashionip and hes just being a bully is not to say "dont call me names as i dont appreciate it" as they will just continue....... the piss taking will go further......

my advise is - give as good as you get...... hes your supervisor and knows his position, but doesnt give him the right to run you down all the time, when he calls you a name - call him one back (dont make it a pesonaly attack on him, try to pass it off as slighlty offensive humour...... constuction site workers thrive it, its bee going on for decades)

give as good as you get mate - as long as your doing your job, theyl get used to it, and you will probably find if you havnt been giving abuse back they find you a fun target...... easy so to speak, ........fight back a little with what they fire at you and youl find they will move on and your relationship with co workers will get better.

Strange advise maybe - but ive been on sites now for.. 11 years....... i manage about 20-30 of these ruffiens at a time..... banter can be fun, but it has to be bi-directional biggrin

Good luck man, and like Ed said - sparkies can get work anywhere.....shite - i could get you a job..... but i feel your travelling time may cost a bit wink ubblol

hug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
best of luck pukko hug

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Yeah he's just a wanker ! I shouldn't let him get to me .

I've worked my fair bit of construction jobs but this guy is just a nob .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

awakenSILVER Member
The Evil Pixie (apparently)
716 posts

Posted:
hey babe! You're more important than the money, and I want you smiling. NOW! hug I've heard the news - you're coming to live with Ry, and theorectically me as well as I'm there enough.. and you'll be welcome at my place too which is just down the road. It'll be the best thing for you, and neither of us can wait to have you back.

hug

rock hopping, hop-scotching, pippy pocky stocking - Sureau - wink thanks Jen! biggrin

Ry: I can't hear you. I'm listening to The Spice Girls.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
jejeje, if you quit your job and live with ry, ill get to creep you out by hugging you whilst not wearing much.. again.

hmm

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

Written by: UmbiliciformCraterOnFace

Dude, you rock, Ive met you once, and have met many other HOPpers, and trust me you rock

PUK - ive never met you and dont know the first thing about you, but i know UCOF and hes a good judge of character - i mean, hes told me i rock before wink

Strugz, I think you're a good judge on who's a good judge of character wink