KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Last night I woke up for the second time in a couple of weeks crying from my dreams!!

First one a Friday night a couple of weeks ago. I woke up bawling cause I dreamt my brother had died. That was just after 5. Four hours later I woke up exhausted with continuation of the same dream, my mother shouting at me, when I asked her what had happened, a conversation with my other brother, talking to a friend who was there when my brother died. Took me hours and many hugs to get over that.

Last night I had another dream. I dreamt I had a big fight with a friend of mine who is now living in Canada. She kept whacking me with a dead fish and when she would not knock it off I got annoyed with her and we had a huge fight. However everyone insisted I was in the wrong for getting annoyed and laughed at me for being so stupid. Then I went to my mother and explained situation to her and she looked at me scornfullt and also told me I was being stupid. I woke up crying with frustation and annoyance. Luckily Kota had a hug at the ready and as I dozed off to sleep changed dream scenario in my mind and toddled off back to sleep happily.

Exhausted today though! Often my dreams become more vivid around the full moon, but the past couple of weeks have been I am so tired when I wake up. Also have not been smoking / drinking the past couple of weeks and my dreams always go nuts!

I used to suffer from terrible nightmares until I was a teenager when I raided the library for books on dreams and practiced dream control. Lucid dreams are not only fun but once you are aware you are dreaming you can tackle those recurring nightmares.

Don't know a lot about meanings of dreams though. Any interpretations welcome.

What dreams have you had recently that have made you laugh / cry / angry, perhaps best not to mention aroused for PG purposes

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear about the sad dreams......

I had a pretty full-on alien invasion dream the other night (I've been watching Signs again ). This was more to do with protecting my kids than gross sci-fi stuff. Just constantly running and hiding then being found and running again. It was one of those dreams where I felt helpless and afraid. I get worried about what I'd do in extreme periods of anarchy (if it happened) and this dream kind of embodied this fear - where would I run?, where would I hide my children?. Made me wake up feeling anxious and worried about my little dudes. I can totally empathise with the feeling exhausted thing. I felt like I'd hardly been asleep.

I've never tried to experiment with lucid dreaming, I always like to go along for the ride letting my subconscious pour out what it needs to at the time. Dreams almost feel like the mind's way of purging/reorganising the subconscious. I have periods of time where I'm very active with dreams and then months without a single one.

Here's to more happy dreams for you Kat.

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
"I've never tried to experiment with lucid dreaming"

I never knew until a few years ago that lucid dreaming was anything but normal!

strange but true

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
We all astral project everynight
it is our awareness that differs
most people simply dream, some can lucid dream,
and others can see past the veils of the subconscious and astral project.

to those that fall in latter category, the astral is a beautiful place

it is too much to fit in one post (a lifetime is not enough to learn methinks!) but suffice to say, sleep deprives us of the distractions of the five senses and allows us to become aware of our bodies in the other realm, the astral.

even if you can't awaken in your astral life, ALWAYS remember that
- you can't be physically hurt in your astral experiences - be it dreams, lucid dream or astral projection.
- knowing that, the worst that negative astral entities can do is to frighten you with the images in your subconsicous (often the most terrifying thing to behold is one's negative egos)
- when faced with these fears, know that 'mind is paramount, that it foreruns all fearful states' there's a really cool bene gesserit quote i can pop here, but i'm waaay too serious about astral experiences to pop in a dune quote!

lastly, i guess the bad news is that the best way to overcome frightening astral experiences is to confront them. if the dream (remembering them at all is the first victory!!) involves a personal struggle, it is quite possible that a benign astral entity (i think in this culture, many are called dakinis, seraphims or angels, though there are soo soooo many of them! (rent my fave movie, 'wings of desire' ya know what i mean)) is trying to pass on a lesson to help you in your waking life.
There are worse ways to waste your time than to sit and think of the implications of relationship between possible messages in these 'dreams' and impasses/dilemmas you face in life.
One day, we will evolve to the point where astral development will play a prominent part of our lives. hopefully.

lastly, whether you awaken in your sleep, or just dream the dreams of sleepers, I hope you know peace in your sleep eventually. Have you been developing your spiritual side? always, the walker of the spiritual path is subject to greater sensitivity to negativity (being more sensitive attracts the attention of all entities, good and otherwise, in the astral realm) there could be one sitting on your lap right now as you read my post. obviously we cannot see this in the physical plane, but we can harness the power of nature around us in our waking lives to bring protection in the astral. please feel free to msg me if you want to learn a quick little action you can perform before sleep that can protect you in your dreams, just as an experiment to see if you sleep peacefully with it.

good luck.. and sweet dreams mate

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Thanks for post bender - don't have time to read all now just skimmed.

Started practicing Tibetan rites 3 weeks ago and have been feeling a lot more energized physically and spiritually as a result. So indeed that could have also have affected my dreams the past couple of weeks.

Negative or positive - dreaming is one of my favourite things.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
I haven't Had a good dream since 4 years ago...
everytime it is some nightmare...
and i am not lying..
i am either dying, dead or my family is being killed and i can't do anything about it...
Terror inflicting nightmares,...
evilness to the extreme haunting my every sleeping moment...i can never rest for more than 2-3 hours for fear of facing those dreams...
I dream of the time my uncle died...
i dream of the time my PaPa died (he's my grandfather)
i dream of my dog...my mom had to send him away because he bit my cousin...and i never got to tell him goodbye...
Horrible monsters attack me when i dream...
i cannot begin to describe them...
i dream that my dad..who left my family...
is across the street, saying that he is coming home,..
he crosses the street, but he gets ran over by a car and dies...
I hate sleeping it causes me great pain but i know that when i dream, my life is better for those few hours...
i would rather dream that stuff than be in my real life...

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

Clarabelmember
23 posts

Posted:
so sorry to hear you have such a bad time when you dream,

like kat i love dreaming, although have had some pretty scary lucid dreams in the past, haven't yet really mastered how to control my dreams, if its a good dream i can kinda direct what i do but if its a bad dream i know i want out, to wake up or change it or something but i can't, i often feel i can't wake myself up and feel trapped in the dream, have had this since i was teeny tiny although it happens very rarely

last dream i had i dreamt i lost a tooth, it just fell right out of my mouth, apparently this is symbolic of loss and particuarly loss of pride but equally i am having a lot of dental work done so it could just be me worrying about that, but that dream was fairly lucid,

but i have good dreams too, and like i said i do love dreaming :-)

clarabel

Live well, Laugh often, Love much

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
also i am quite a hardcore cranberries fan, and dreams is perhaps the most favouritest song amongst cran-fans.
wow i'm apallingly bad at comic relief aren't I....
dead serious about the cranberries thing tho (but juice tastes rank!)
um dreams are good and stuff....

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Well I have been sleeping as soundly as a drunk passed out on a pavement the past couple of nights! Basically, dead to the world! Nathan - why not ask Bender to help you with your dreams?

Generally if your conscious is troubled this is relected in our subconscious at night - of course these are connected. That's why we have nightmares over a scary film we have seen, or an incident from our past, or even the nightmare that lives within ourselves - our personal demons as such. Resolving issues in our life can help us have peaceful and happy dreams. Resolving dreams can likewise help us solve problems or troubles in our life.

Clarabel - whenever I have a dream that all my teeth have fallen out it's usually before a trip to the dentist! Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar - I think we can look for a deeper meaning that is not there rejecting the truth as too simplistic.

- W B Yeats