Forums > Social Chat > Where did you see yourself today 10 years ago?

Login/Join to Participate

Zamorghiamember
38 posts

Posted:
That last question of "where do you see yourself in 10 years?" made me think. I relized were you want to be and what you will become are very diferent. I started to answer that than realized it was very hard. i can say by looking at were i wanted to be today 10 years ago is very diferent than were i am at today. not to say it is a bad spot cuz i am very hapy with my life i created.
but think about this and reply to this as well as the futer question too.i am interesed in hearing my fellow hop.

Live in the present. Don't dwell in the past or worry about the future.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I was going to be a lawyer. I was 15 then and I thought that might be cool...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

MTM MonsterMoat monster
208 posts

Posted:
International rockstar.

A good deal of growr, some grr and quite a bit of snarl, spit and some biting. just a regular day at the office.

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Hmm this is a hard question for me because there was so many things I could see myself doing by now.Well one thing was to be a veterinarian and own my own vet clinic.Didn't realize that I would be in school for most of life....
I want to be over and done with school...Making money getting rich... Blah, Blah.
One thing that just popped in my mind was that I also wanted to have my own televised veterinarian show.Sorta like the stuff found on Animal Planet.I was hoping to have a boyfriend.Mainly because I never had one and wasn't allowed too.Parents wanted me to pay attention to school and leave the boys alone.I wanted to have more friends. I wanted to go to TX A&M vet school, but I ended up going to OK State Univ. I love my choice in college tho...I would not have met the people I did or Dio or done firedancing.I never heard of such thing til the beggining of this year.

That's pretty much the jist(sp) of it.I could go on and on for a long time about what I was dreaming about when I was 10yrs old, but I won't bore yall that bad!!!

Nice question to ask tho.Makes you think about your past dreams for the future...Which some things I did follow through with and others I didn't.

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Hmm this is a hard question for me because there was so many things I could see myself doing by now.Well one thing was to be a veterinarian and own my own vet clinic.Didn't realize that I would be in school for most of life....
I want to be over and done with school...Making money getting rich... Blah, Blah.
One thing that just popped in my mind was that I also wanted to have my own televised veterinarian show.Sorta like the stuff found on Animal Planet.I was hoping to have a boyfriend.Mainly because I never had one and wasn't allowed too.Parents wanted me to pay attention to school and leave the boys alone.I wanted to have more friends. I wanted to go to TX A&M vet school, but I ended up going to OK State Univ. I love my choice in college tho...I would not have met the people I did or Dio or done firedancing.I never heard of such thing til the beggining of this year.

That's pretty much the jist(sp) of it.I could go on and on for a long time about what I was dreaming about when I was 10yrs old, but I won't bore yall that bad!!!

Nice question to ask tho.Makes you think about your past dreams for the future...Which some things I did follow through with and others I didn't.

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Well 10 years ago i saw myself at Uni and then going on to be an Architect.
If that hadn't of worked out i was going to join a circus.

5 Years ago i was thinking of setting up my own property development company.

3 Years ago i was training to be a graphic designer.

2 Years ago i wanted to open a bar in spain.

1 Year ago (Just over) i was critically ill in hospital, with less than no chance of survival.
If that had worked out i was going to join the circus in the sky.

Where am i now??
Working in an office as a IT Analyist, still trying to set up my property development company and Wishing that i could run away and join a circus.
It's strange how things pan out.

In 10 years i see my self a raging alcoholic
LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
High Class Hippy No:1
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I think 10 years ago - I would have seen myself as a wife and mother, but years of techno, festivals and associated pastimes kicked in ..

But if I hadn't been wife and mother I'd would like to have thought I would have been a therapist of some sort - herbalist or massuse or something like hands on healing...

But now I'm an office manager in IT - that dabbles with healing on a weekend every other blue moon..

Ho hum..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

NoiseyflowerBRONZE Member
Yell and scream all you like
53 posts

Posted:
10 years ago I saw myself in my final year of hgh school being popular and at the top of my class..
I got the first bit right, I am in my final year of school but now i look down at the popular people and feel sorry for them whilst am surounded by really good friends. at the top of my class? maybe not but I'm happy to be dong as well as I am. smile

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
10 years ago I was determined to be a psychologist, now I help teach kids kung fu but I'm so much happier.

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Hmmm.... I was 11. In a spacelab. In space. With aliens.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
probably in the mirror, i look at it most days...

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley