Forums > Social Chat > Where do you see yourself 10yrs in the future?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Ok so I wanted to start a thread to see how many ppl out there would reply to it...Guess you could say I was bored...And feeling alil lonely here on HOP.

So I was wondering what do yall see yourselves doing in the next 10yrs.?

I see myself working as a Holistic Veterinarian, breeding and showing German Shepards (that's my favorite dog breed!!! ).Owning or at least living in a nice home.Hopefully still with someone very special to me. Looks around the HOP community and yells "YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!"

Still doing fire poi!!!!!!!!!!But yall knew that already.

That's pretty much the main things I see 10yrs. from now.There are LOTS of things I would love to try!

Ok now I want to hear about yalls future 10yrs. from now.I can't wait to hear about them!

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
Dead...
or mabey,...
Playing my guitar in a well recognized band...

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I'll be a professor of medicine somewhere, I hope.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
wow, this is a scary when one to ponder when I think about what I would have answered to this question 10 yrs ago!

Anyway, I will be 40! My eldest son will be almost 21 & my youngest nearly 18.

Hopefully the bank won't own my home. Hopefully the business we are soon to buy will have paid it off.

I will have been with my husband for more than half my life in 10 years!!!

My puppy will be an old dog by then. My cats probably won't be around. The pink flamingoes in the front garden will probably be rather faded.

Should be rather exciting!!!!

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne

MTM MonsterMoat monster
208 posts

Posted:
I'll see myself in a mirror.

Unless I go blind.

then I'll pretend i was better looking and see the handsomer me in my mind.

A good deal of growr, some grr and quite a bit of snarl, spit and some biting. just a regular day at the office.

Zamorghiamember
38 posts

Posted:
i'll have a high degre in something and hopfully making money so i can travel around the world and learn first hand about other cultures. hay maybe that will be my work. but its hard to say.
were didiyou think you would be today 10 years ago?

Live in the present. Don't dwell in the past or worry about the future.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I left school 10 years ago this year - yikes! I have less idea now where I will be 10 years from now than I did then. Not even sure what country I will be living in, but hopefully still with Kota healthy and happy.

Not a lot to ask for really is it..

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
if it was any other year than 2013, I'd say living life happily as a underwater float juggling plate spinning tightrope walker, but it's too hard to say what will be goin on in 2013..

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
In 10 years i will be 31
Where do i see myself, Hmmmm, lets see..........

I see myself.......You know, i just don't know. I'm going to have to go away and give it some serious thought. This is possibly the hardest question anyone has ever asked me.
LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
High Class Hippy No:1
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:

I might be a high ranking sivil cervant. Or just doing the same job I'm doing now.

I hope I'll be making computer games, but I doubt it. I don't want to start at the bottom, and there's plenty with more talent, experience and passion.

But mainly I hope (and I reckon ) that I'll have a load of good friends and be happy

oh and I'll be kickass with quadruple five foot staffs thanks to the new finger grafting technology

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I have this very odd aversion to planning and just let life take me where it wants to...

Where I WANT to be in 10 years is part of a succesful performance group, and a semi-professional drummer. I can see myself being very happy, being 31, driving back from a twirling event and with my beautful baby still with me.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Don't see myself as anywhere really. Only vague plans for the next couple of days (going to Bali) let alone months or years! Hopefully still happy and healthy, and maybe with a life partner and a mini-Dom Yep, be very, very happy with that.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Hopefully in ten years time I'll still be alive.

I'd really like to be a wife and mother, I think I've got a lot of good dtuff to pass on to a new generation, I'd like to find the man of my dreams and have a little house in the country - where I can grow lots of veggies and other plants, 'd also have a potters wheele and a kiln in the shed - my shed - the hubby can have one of his own, (he'd brew beer in his shed.. )

I'd run a healing/ massage thingie from the cottage..

Oh and the obligatory crazy cats that terrorise the birds and leave the neighbor terrorising to me..

Thats where I'd like to be.. may happen, may not.. but heres hoping!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

1,032 posts

Posted:
I'm enjoying reading what yall might be doing 10yrs from now.I just thought it was an interesting question.I remember being asked this all through my public school life.Most of the time when it refered to my job, it stayed the same.When it came to my life outside of a job it would change.I wanted to be a mom and work and have a wonderful husband.Now I realize that I'm not really interested in having a kid.Just a wonderful husband, a good paying job that I'm happy doing, and living life to its fullest.

I tend to not really make plans either because most of the time they turn out different than what you had thought.I do try to live life to it's fullest and act like that today is my last day to live.Another reason I don't want to daydream of the future is because if I do want something to come true I don't want to jinx it...

But it is hard not to think of the future from time to time and wonder if you will be doing good in life or with the one you love.

Keep it coming HOPpers!!!!I hope that what yall dream of does come true.

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

1,032 posts

Posted:
I'm enjoying reading what yall might be doing 10yrs from now.I just thought it was an interesting question.I remember being asked this all through my public school life.Most of the time when it refered to my job, it stayed the same.When it came to my life outside of a job it would change.I wanted to be a mom and work and have a wonderful husband.Now I realize that I'm not really interested in having a kid.Just a wonderful husband, a good paying job that I'm happy doing, and living life to its fullest.

I tend to not really make plans either because most of the time they turn out different than what you had thought.I do try to live life to it's fullest and act like that today is my last day to live.Another reason I don't want to daydream of the future is because if I do want something to come true I don't want to jinx it...

But it is hard not to think of the future from time to time and wonder if you will be doing good in life or with the one you love.

Keep it coming HOPpers!!!!I hope that what yall dream of does come true.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I usually don't plan ahead more than a couple hours at the most, I am so forgetfull it would be pointless to try anyways. And I can never get let down because my plans didn't work out.

I never plan ahead unless there is something I realy can't live without. Like going to burning man, or going to see my future wife (who lives in a galaxy far far away).

I hope I will be living in a beautiful place with trees and mountains and no ticks (blood sucking, disease carrying parasites). Have a beautiful, intelligent, loving, wife (who isn't psychotic), three to five children who I can teach poi and kung fu to, a housing business to make money, and lots of love within the family, and a "real" job working with wildlife.

Oh, and four times better at twirling....(since I've been doing it about 2.5 years.) 10/2.5=4

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
why do girls allways for some reason fear of being 30...
at least you live longer than guys...

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

1,032 posts

Posted:
I'm one of the xceptions!I don't care what age I am!Just as long as I'm still living and breathing air and living life to it's fullest!

Most girls are afraid of being old and loosing their good looks.O'course I was raised with 3younger bros and 0sisters so I tend to not be soo girly, girly concerning good looks and stuff.If your friends don't accept your older self then they weren't your friends to begin with.If you are afraid that your man won't still love you in your older age then he never really loved you to begin with.That's just my oppinion.I've come to realize that as I get older I'm...Yes...Getting older and becoming more knowledgeable in the world around me.That way I can accomplish one of the worlds most researched projects.That is to find the fountain of youth.That way I can be rich and profit from its effects!Also to let the girly, girly chicks be happy and stop complaining... "Oh my gosh! I've got wrinkles and white hair!"

flowingchaliceBRONZE Member
180 posts

Posted:
OK, i'm letting my imagination go a bit on this one so humour me

I'll be 32 by then. I'd like to be runnning my own healing centre focusing on Reiki and crystal healing with Psychotherapy and past life regression thrown in for good measure! Heck, anything as long as it's beneficial and I can get my teeth into it I'd love to be with my soul mate (I think i know who that is, but am scared at the mo that i'll never be with him again) having travelled the world meeting beautiful people and spinning/healing/learning...

I'd like to have found a place in the world I can call home, and live with my wonderful man (who I accept may not be who I think he is at present) and just be happy with what I'm doing, having loads of crazy friends around me too

That's about it I think. We'll see what happens.

May we all live our dream in every moment!

*Go GO Gadjet Manifestorator*

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes C G Jung

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Trippy, you'll just be somewhere laughing out loud, taking it easy.

Details don't really matter, I hope to be in love, working at something I enjoy in a happy place with all my current friends and more.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by DeepSoulSheep:
details don't matter, I hope to be in love, working at something I enjoy in a happy place with all my current friends and more.
couldn't have said it any better if i'd tried.
so i didn't.

amen to that dss.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
DSS -

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by DeepSoulSheep:
Trippy, you'll just be somewhere laughing out loud, taking it easy.

You know, that's spot on!!!! I will be!!!! Hehehehe
LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
High Class Hippy No:1
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
"why do girls allways for some reason fear of being 30..."

Soooooooooo not the case!!!!! I turned 30 last October & I've never felt better, looked better or acted worse!

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
I will be 24! Wow! I never thought about myself being that 'old' before!

Hopefully I will be a fully trained social worker! I really hope I am because I would
LOVE to be helping kids in need!

Maybe I'll have a DECENT boyfriend and a PLEASANT kid! But hey you can only dream! LOL!

Hopefully I will have met everybody of HoP but it's doubtful!

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Where my wings take me.

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
I see myslef married, with a rugrat perhaps, doing the hug of death with my fire twirler wife (who I am marrying this summer) in our back yard on the block in the town where we are considered, "Those people" in "That house"

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
hmmm 10yrs???

i'll be 27... hopefully married.. and hopefully will have a child who is at least 3 or 4.

i'll be a tradeWOMAN in the printing industry and hopefully have an apprentice of my own who i will treat right.

im also hoping to get my ass into gear now to get into a course that will give me a cousilour (sp?) degree or sumfin so i can do that at high skools. (thats my plan for while im prego and my baby is still a baby... cant be printing at that time in life...)

hmm... i wanna new car... dont really care if i own my house or not... but a new car would be nice as i do alot of driving around.

and i hope to god that im a better twirler than i am now! LOL. one would think i would be... but ya know. its called laziness.

but 10yrs ago- where did i think i would be? well i was in yr 3. at that age- i didnt even know about yr12! but... i did want to be a person who studied dinosaurs (i was the god damn best at dinosaur history when i was 7... was unbelievable! i had my own theory on how they died out and all. omg hehe)

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
sounds like a lot of us want to have kids....

Are we gona let them do fire poi? And if so, at what age?

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Im Dead !!! . After all i don't see myself with 2.3 kids a happy wife and the picket fence. No girl would want me .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

1,032 posts

Posted:
Awwww!Puk I'm sure somebody would want to be with you.You seem nice and stuff

I'm glad to hear about yalls futures!!! They seem wonderful!I hope that whatever yall dream about and wish for comes true and makes yall happy!

You HoPpers are sweet and I you guys!

For all yall!!...And ...Can't forget about the beer!

Page: