Forums > Social Discussion > Strangest Thing You've Been Told While Spinning.....

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
Last night, while I was completely sucking:
"Do you study kung-fu?"

...*shaking head*

How 'bout you guys? Strangest thing you've ever been told while spinning or about your playing?

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
nah... butterfly in the teeth! wink

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

KittyKillenthusiast
365 posts

Posted:
last weekend:

anime north in the double tree hotel in the banquet hall befor the doors open

I was and spinging a group I was with was talking and aswell as showing them how to do tricks. the boys were not doing to well and a another girl dresses up as witch hunter robin said," you are so hot doing that!! you emasculate men"

I felt bad for my new buds

Have you ever notice that poi is spelled backwords on the key board.............................................creepycool

facelesshadowGOLD Member
Wit is not your strong point!
142 posts

Posted:
I think it would be a very amazing feat to see the butterfly in the teeth while doing a hand stand...

Beyond the Continuum.

FruityLoopnewbie
7 posts

Posted:
5 minutes after using up the fuel a drunk guy asked: Where has the fire gone, I'm feeling cold. smile

DarranSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
Got one

Pissed guy says
"Dude your a [censored] nut case playing with fire, Id never have the balls to do that"

Five mins later he asks if he can have a go

The path of my life is strewn with cow pats from the devil's own satanic herd.

GaiaSILVER Member
16 posts

Posted:
i love this thread:) so funny!

starmelloBRONZE Member
13 posts

Posted:
Not really something that was said but still, thought I would share..

A while ago I was spinning in the park with my (non-spinning) then boyf filming. Just as we were about to leave he decides to grab my poi and jump up onto a picnic bench thinking he could impress the people walking nearby. Needless to say, he ended up falling off the bench after whacking himself in his boy bits, and rolling around in acute pain. Served him right, I say.. ubblol

kazmanBRONZE Member
16 posts

Posted:
A while ago just before physics or maths class was bout to start i was just standing there isolating with my socks and this one girl in my class was completely mystified by the isolation and asked me if there were magnets in there since she couldnt understand how they "stuck together" like that, i thought it was very funny.

Practise makes Poi-fect :P

Bigfoot67GOLD Member
103 posts

Posted:
LOL, i was just about to say kindof the same thing actually

yesterday i showed some of my friends some contact juggling and one girl asked me if there was a magnet in the ball tongue, she didn't get how the ball stuck to my hand all the time.

422 posts

Posted:
Friday, from one of the outside vendors at work after hearing about my more... er... usual hobbies, poi included:

"Y'know... I knew you were out there.... but I didn't think you were THAT our there."

bluengoldfireBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
similar to others' posts:

I'm at a bonfire party doing some spinning with glowsticks and strings (forgot to bring the firepoi). Right after I finish spinning for them, a ten-year-old came up behind me and snatched my stuff.

"No really, I'm good at this, let me show ya..."

He tries to do a regular butterfly, while spinning as fast as possible. Two seconds later:

CRACK!
(glowsticks hit each other)
SMACK!
(glowsticks hit his nuts)
PFFT!
(He falls down on sand)

I walk up, pick up my stuff, and say "Yeah, really good" as I leave.

ND '10 GO IRISH!!

poinoobSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
i have got so do you do karate quite a few times, and hey u must be on xtacy or something to that nature alot 2 but my favorite is "how do you do that" all i can manage is practice as a response.

facelesshadowGOLD Member
Wit is not your strong point!
142 posts

Posted:
Man I think that magnet comment is one of the most popular around me. I have gotten that wile playing with contact juggling and also devilsticks. I mean come on...do people really think we are wearing chain mail shirts and playing with sphirical magnets??? I must say that would be an interesting thing to try in the future though !)

Beyond the Continuum.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
last night I was taking a workshop with fire in the park.

While getting everybody to work with one poi, a random bloke came up and asked why we weren't using two: I told him we were doing a workshop.

After a minute, he started saying 'workshop, workshop' in a really wierd, chanting kind of way, so I told him that the heckling workshop would be on in a minute, at which point he got pretty angry at me, telling me not to be so sarcastic, and that he was 'the f***ing king of sarcasm' before leaving.

About 3 minutes later, we had a heckling workshop (as intended)

shrug I dunno some people eh? wink

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Guy hahaha smile

Cambridge eh.. full of dangerous characters.

fanged_angelBRONZE Member
poiromaniac
162 posts

Posted:
best iv had up to now is probably "thats not a very smart career choice" while doing fire or when i was trying to teach a few friends how to do poi while in school when a teacher walked up to us and said "shouldnt you be reading a book and expanding your mind" to which somebody in the group replied "try watching this censored when your high now that stuff will really f-ing expand your mind" the teacher didnt find it funny but we all did

id like to point out that i personally dont do drugs

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
In a park in Leeds, practicing contact staff, a small bunch of kids gathered watching, eventually one said:
"If we stood round you in a circle could you knock us all out?"
I replied:
"Yes I could, but, I promised only to use my powers for good."

Never lie down with someone who has more problems than you.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
ubblol

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Kitsune34SILVER Member
51 posts

Posted:
When I was doing my first show (on New Year's) I got cat-called quite a bit.

"Get it, girl!"
"Come on! Keep it going, girl!"

And then, I was spinning and this guy was just like "Hey, can I give you a dollar?"
Me: umm "Uh.... I guess...."
Him: *reaching out his arm to give me the dollar* "Here."
Me: "Uh... I'm not stopping and I don't think you want to get burned."
Him: *placing bill on ground* "Well, here ya go."

I got an extra dollar, as well as getting paid that night. *shrugs* thankx

"Always forgive your enemies, for nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

firestartedGOLD Member
28 posts

Posted:
I've a full arm cast on my left arm, it runs from my fingers to the top of my bicep. I usually spin for 3 hours a day. So it's really censoreding annoying that I'm bound up. I've ligament damage in my elbow and a hairline fracture.

I decided to see if I could do a 3 beat weave with a mates mincey little flags, presto, I did it (suffering now though).

After that I continued to use one poi on my good arm to learn throws.

A through and through Dublin scumbag walkin' by by says:
"Here chung-fella?! Can ye walk yer dog with da' yoyo?!"
I was in a heap laughin' at that {^_^}

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ArthurBrown

In a park in Leeds, practicing contact staff, a small bunch of kids gathered watching, eventually one said:
"If we stood round you in a circle could you knock us all out?"
I replied:
"Yes I could, but, I promised only to use my powers for good."

hey mate, hows it going?

Was this the time they asked if bill was the devil? Then we were all pretty impressed as one had some nunchuck skills?

Theres another meet on sundays, i only went to one of them, my weekends are always busy and i work all week now. Still practice poi quite a lot and have progressed nicely from when you last saw me.

Anyway, think the strangest thing someone has said to me was "they could hurt someone" when i was spinning glowsticks in a club. I replied
"yes, but so can a car if you walk into it whilst its moving"

ImbalanceGOLD Member
not different, just not the same
263 posts

Posted:
Was being safety for a friend after my spin set at a halloween event and a rather drunk older guy proceeds to attempt to strike a conversation with me. He proceeds to tell me that he has some talents too and shows me how his thumb is double jointed. He goes on for a minute about his prowess in what apparently is some amazing hand flexibility rolleyes after a few moments of his attempting to distract me I tell him that its very cool and all well and good but I need to pay attention for the safety of my friend. He seems fully sure that his "talent" is unique and mildly annoyed that i'm not giving his thumb the attention it deserves so I tell him "That's great, you should put an act together and next year we'll get you a slot on stage" (said nicely with a smile) he just stops, looks dejected for a second and says "I tried once... i tried..." and walks off into the crowd.

I once learned every move that there was,
Every style, Every technique.
Then I woke up, and forgot it all,
So now I struggle to dream.

LooperGOLD Member
grasshopper in training
124 posts

Posted:
wow... that last one made me sad... surreal moment.
Broken dreams...

x

There is a world made of air, one of earth and one of water.
And there is one made of fire, and all of them fight for supremacy. They are fighting now, in my head.

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Ya, seriously ubblol

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by:

its like watching fish

said 10mins ago whilst palmspinning

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

Kitsune34SILVER Member
51 posts

Posted:
I was spinning for some friends of mine near a lake and in an apartment complex across the lake some guy was yelling stuff like "Quit it! That's annoying!" Methinks he was drunk (as it was a Saturday night and I was near a college)...

"Always forgive your enemies, for nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

422 posts

Posted:
After a small accident while beating out a new move left me with a small, hickey-like bruise on the base of my neck, hilarity ensued the next morning as people inquired about it. The best, however, came from my mother, who showed the strangest concern after I admitted that I'd never hit my neck before and often ended up clipping myself in the arms, hips, shoulders, or boobies when trying to work a new move out.

"DON'T DO THAT! You have to be really careful or you'll do permanent damage to your breasts! I'm serious!"

*facepalm*

This, from the woman who told me when I was younger that thongs give you yeast infections.

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
 Written by

This, from the woman who told me when I was younger that thongs give you yeast infections.

hate to tell you but thongs (as in the underware) do increase your risk dramaticaly of getting a yeast infection.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
yup yup and tight fitting nonnatural fiber pants

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

422 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Blueberry

Written by

hate to tell you but thongs (as in the underware) do increase your risk dramaticaly of getting a yeast infection.

ubblol No, she seriously meant you would instantly get a yeast infection from a thong. Not like a slow, progressive trend or a marked increase in statistical probability. Just "you're assuredly going to get one."

Kind of like when guidance and health staff in high schools try desperately to convince teens to practice abstinance because your genitals are going to instantly rot and fall off if you even get a little frisky on prom night.

Page: ...