Forums > Social Discussion > Strangest Thing You've Been Told While Spinning.....

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
Last night, while I was completely sucking:
"Do you study kung-fu?"

...*shaking head*

How 'bout you guys? Strangest thing you've ever been told while spinning or about your playing?

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Rellizate

Written by :Kathain_Bowen

Kind of like when guidance and health staff in high schools try desperately to convince teens to practice abstinance because your genitals are going to instantly rot and fall off if you even get a little frisky on prom night.

Ohh and here was me thinking it was only my old school that did that... rolleyes

Lol. Every high school does that. Ours just also took it a step further by following that discussion up with having one of the local detectives come up and display photo after photo of grosteque auto accidents caused by driving drunk. Mmm.... right before lunch.

But this is getting mighty off topic of me, so here's one of those quotes again. While waiting out the dead of January, a friend of mine were truly hammered on New Years. He kept trying to convince me to spin sometime that winter for him, and I kept drunkenly arguing about the cold. His response:

"Y'know, you could always spin shirtless. That would be hot."

rolleyes Men. Can't live with 'em, but it's just no fun to live without 'em.
EDITED_BY: Kathain_Bowen (1206352000)

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

Talon_tigrisGOLD Member
10 posts

Posted:
Alright, mine was moreso a punchline from a hilarious spinning adventure, which is thus:

I was spinning poi in the ferry terminal (before they banned my ass from doing that...unsafe to the public apparently) and I heard this couple talking behind me. I heard the guy audibly say "Yeah, I can do that". I shot him a wicked grin, handed over my poi, and said "Go for it! Let's see what you can do!". This man was in his forties, and the icing on the cake- this was infront of his girlfriend.

There were around 10 people in the terminal at this point, all of them started watching this guy horribly attempt at spinning my ultra poi with tails. After around 3 times of him sacking himself, and me laughing to the point of tears, as well as the rest of the "audience" busting a gut, he shamefully handed my poi back to me. One of the spectators said to the dude, "Man, I was having a horrible day, but watching that just brightened me right back up. Thanks!"

This is the kicker:

His girlfriend goes up to me, and says, "Alright. Two things. Number one, that was very entertaining. Number two, you really shouldn't have your underwear hang out like that (they were my long johns, which I gleefully explained to her but disregarded), and you should really shave your armpits"

I didn't know whether to be shocked, insulted, or just plain amused, so I went with the latter. By the end of the ferry ride, the couple were no longer talking and on opposite sides of the craft. Heh. Oops.

People alter their lives by altering their attitudes

lewyblueBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Well, I wasn't actually spinning, just walking over a bridge carrying my staff (its got white and blue paint on it - I mention this for reasons that just *might* become apparent) with my friend beside me. Some random passenger in a car passing by leaned out of the window and shouted:

"Hey man, where did you get the stick? A toilet shop?"

Random laughter ensued from inside the car which passed on leaving me ... well, mystified.
My staff is a good 150cm if not slightly more, I'm not sure what he expected me to be doing going anywhere near a toilet with it.

It was only two or three days later that I suddenly thought "toilet shop"?
What the hell is a toilet shop?

This is a signature.
Read it, and be amazed at my wit.

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
"Are you guys trying to show off or something?"

My reply : "Yes! Is it working?"

hug

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Apparently the other guy was doing well, but I however was not doing so flash.

hug

fake teeth and glueBRONZE Member
Checking who's online, watching you!
1,972 posts

Posted:
i know a guy who uses the word 'poi-chi-master' (repeatedly) when i'm spinning

"your a poi-chi-master, i'm a poi-chi-master!"

he decided it was a good word the first time he saw me spin, he then went on to say he was going to go home, practice and become a better 'poi-chi-master' than anyone smile

you just lost the game!!!!!! !!!!!

knowledge is power, power corupts, study hard, become evil.

blitsnimfGOLD Member
Loving Life
6 posts

Posted:
permanent damage to your breasts, LMAO!! I am trying to visualize how permanent damage in that area must look like...

go go, Gadget Poi!

Page: ...