Forums > Social Chat > Acts of unnecessary cruelty

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Whilst wandering aimlessly through the internet I happened across this example of unfair treatment and harsh imprisonment

Frankly I'm shocked. Is there not enough cruelty in the world already without tiny helpless creatures being treated like this for the pleasure and titilation of people?

Are these beings not rare enough already? Need they be pushed closer to extinction for the sake of a few collectors?

What is causing me such concern you ask?

Click here

Warning may shock some people.....

I think we should start a petition to ban this trade before it finds a niche in popualr culture.

Meh

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Not only are they being treated inhumanely, but undervalued too

DaiTenshimember
104 posts

Posted:
You have no idea how much it relieves me to discover that this was just some good humor....

All this seriousness on HoP is starting to warp my brain.

No one knows me like I do.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Does this mean you had to rescue FNF from one the aforementioned jars???

I'd always imagined it would turn out the other way around ...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I got a Silkey Faerie given to me by my sister.. its say on its lable that it is a house faerie and likes to clean things up.. I've taken the lid off, coz I didn't think Ralph (that what I called him) would want ot be trapped but he seems to quite like it in his jar.. when ever I walk past him, he still in it smiling.. so even tho I have tried to temp him out with all sorts of things.. even slowly tipped the jar over and left it like that for days so he could walk out (you know like they do for other wild animals) but he's still in there..

Did I get a disfunctional one or has any one else noticed this too??

[ 21. March 2003, 22:50: Message edited by: MisStix ]

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
That's so cruel!
Poor faires!

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
I would strongly advise against releasing fairies into the wild as they can wreak havoc on unfamiliar ecosystems. There have been instances of newly introduced fairies in Berkshire terrorising local badgers and stoats with pointy sticks. They cause damage to crops and have even been known to attack small children.
Please be responsible with your captive fairies and don't contribute to an already serious problem.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
you think that is cruel, you should see Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairies book for heaven's sake!

I agree, those fairies can be quite troublesome. On first inspection it would seem that pixies are actually cuter and less troublesome, but in actuality they are only more subtle and devious. This makes them considerably more dangerous.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Vanize, how could you show such a terrible thing?

I say we buy up all the fairies in the jars and let them loose in their natural ecosystems again!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Vanize, how could you show such a terrible thing?

I say we buy up all the fairies in the jars and let them loose in their natural ecosystems again!

-Mike

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I must say I am utterly outraged right down to the deepest regions of my soul. Words can't describe the horror I have witnessed in this thread.

ChorinBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
you know I avoided this for a while cus I thought it was gonna be something serious, but then my curiosity got the better of me and what do i find? a bit of harmless fun thats what but I do think that the pressed faerie book was taking it maybe just that step too far.

Free the faerie inside let us all fly like the lost boys

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Is that the lost boys from peter pan - or the film? There is quite a big difference..

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
So where do we have to cut to free the fairy inside of us?

I think mine must be in my stomache although I always thought is was indigestion

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
If we buy them all then that's just encouraging the poachers to catch more.

No. I say we break into the faerie ranch and liberate them.

Meh

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Man, that fairy imprisonment isn't anything compared to what I saw on "Dragon Pink" episode II
(japanimation)
They strait violated a fairy with an aphrodisiac mushroom, and collected her "fairy honey" to pay off their meal tab at the pub. Let me tell you, that left ME feeling violated

those sick B@57erd5!

It is quite shoking sometimes, the depravity some people can come up with!

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
that sounds kind of like elven bride, where he does the fairy/pixie to get pixie lube so he can have sex with his wife But he was attacked by the pixie, hmm

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

Dr.NoodleHeadBRONZE Member
170 posts

Posted:
Simian, you are so right. Release of species into anything other than their native environment can cause ecological havoc. Pleeease, if you have a captive fairy, contact the appropriate local wildlife conservation organisation for advice on rehabilitation.

As to the pressed faeries.....they're kid of cute - in a sort of warped abstract sort of way

Surely it's better to keep a 2-D image than take wild beasties from their native habitat? They look really good as curtain prints......

Fish are just like trees except they move and they're invisible

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
MisStix - We at the Faerie Liberation Front HQ take offence to any suggestions that ownership of faeries is in any way cool.

And we are not fooled by your pretence at releasing the poor creature. He is probably too frightened/over awed/traumatised to leave his jar....

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Just noticed that Miss Noodlehead is condoning pressing faeries for the purposes of home decoration and soft furnishings.

Bad Dr.

Meh

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link
Dr. Noodlehead, how can you say such a thing? Those "prints" are real, live Fairies caught in the prime of their lives and cruelly smashed to death in a pressing book!

That is genocide, not wall decoration! Don't you get it???
Non-Https Image Link

-Mike

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Like you can actually catch a fairy with that method anyway...

It's easier to catch an angel than a fairy, and angels are no piece of cake anyway.

Everyone seems to think fairies are cute, helpless little beings that wouldn't hurt a fly.

Go ask Captain Hook how helpless fairies ar, aye???

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

Hook's baneWill bite you (unless you tickle behind my ears)
188 posts

Posted:
...tick tick tick......

...tick tick tick....

170 posts

Posted:
Oooops - never been much good at this PC stuff

You're absolutely right of course - the gratuitous use of crushed beasties, whether mythological or not, for interior design is in exceptionally bad taste - I guess taste is just something I was never born with and haven't yet managed to acquire (adds it to the long list of "Things Wot I am Crap At").

Humble apologies to all those who were upset or traumatised in any way by my comments

Noods

P.S. Does this mean I have to take them down now? I've got kinda attached to my new curtains/bedthrow/rug ensemble and the paintjob on my motorbike is REALLY something to see...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You should go with your heart Noodleheaded one.

Oh and I think that the Lithuanian word for tree is medis. But I could be wrong...

Meh

levellermember
8 posts

Posted:
Charles - how'd you know its easier to catch angels than faries? do you work for this shameful company?!

x

Leveller

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I had a long chat with my silkey fairy this weekend, after the Fairy Liberation front made a few points earlier - I'm totally against keeping fairy folk against their will - it took quite alot for him to answer back to me, but after a couple of hours trying - he finaly opened up to me.. He (Ralph) said that he quite like the name that I gave him as his mother had called him Buttercup - he explained that she wanted a girl no matter what..

He also said that he was glad that I took the lid off his jar, coz it let in the pot smoke... damn fairy was sitting on a huge bag of skunk that I thought I had lost a few months before - he explained that he loved sitting in his jar by the window in between all my plants, he does get out the jar - but only when I'm not there.. he said he likes it that way coz he can invite all of his friends over - he was a little sad up untill xmas - but my friend bought me a pixie door that I've put against the wall in the hall... Ralph told me that he likes it when I go away for the weekend as all he does is open the door and has a free house party - no wonder my flat is always such a mess when I get home.. and Ralph is sitting in his jar with a stoopid smile on his face.. - he wouldn't give me my skunk back - he says he found it.. but hhmmm I think he may have helped himself - bless him.. I have a stoner for a fairy..

He's a happy stoner - is that ok C@ntus? Or do I really have to set him free out side?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
If you're sure he's happy...

Meh

170 posts

Posted:
"medis" .... coool!

Thank 'ee kindly - I can add that to my collection of obscure, (possibly) useless, but intruiging bits of information. I've got a whole shed full of them now. Whenever I get bored I just go in, lock the door and go wandering around for a while.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
I escaped from a jar once.

it was a fairly tall jar. with a screw top lid.

Currently on the right side up of the world.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Been to stay at Cass' house then have you?

She kept Mr Orange in a jar for 3 months.

She tried to enjar the fluffy one, Dom, (the very rare) Dibs and myself but we waited til she went to work and slipped out.

Meh

Page: