Page:
Kooothormember
129 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Be careful if you click on the image, this could hurt....

Kooothor , French Crew
~~~~
i'm in your kitchen, drinkin' your milk

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: GitasGuy

Sorry Hanz i wasn't having a go at you directly. I'm just a little confused as to we're the message comes into it. Do you give a sermon at the same time as juggling/ or is the juggling the sermon. Just very curious. Not trying to attack anyone!!

where the message is put across (before/after/during/a combination of these) depends on the performer and the particular performance.

juggling lends itself extremely well to imparting many concepts (christian or otherwise) through the use of metaphor.

there are many people use it to teach office workers about management techniques, learning styles, time managment, goal oriented working or even as part of motivational techniques (here's an example smile ).

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ubblol this reminds me of a training course I went on they were using juggling as a metaphor for tasks in the work place, they asked me to juggle 3 balls (which I did)

They then randomly threw me another ball saying introduction of an extra task can cause failure, I upset them mightly by catching it carrying on with 4 and saying they should learn to adapt ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Hanz

I don't know.. I may be Christian, but I don't give sermons! um, from different events I go to, the sermons can be before, during or after the props are used, sometimes the props are huged heaps, other times only used very minimally. All depends on the preacher/pastor/whatever giving the sermon

See that just seems very unusual to me. See i grew up in a very strict christian family and church was certainly not like that. It has been 10 years or more since i walked into a church so things may have changed slightly. Thanks for the explanation Hanz, apologies again for seeming abrupt. hug

Thanks cole for the link. I didn't realise performers were used in these sort of ways. biggrin

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
Some of the more traditional churches are still only sermon and traditional hymns, the more modern churches involve rock music and circus stuff and whatever you can get your hands on!

It's ok, normally i wouldnt react so badly, I'm just mentally exhausted due to exams, so I reacted badly myself.

But yeah, I went to a thing on how to manage your time and how to revise better and stuff and the guy running the show used juggling.. and it became official.. I cant. But yeah, he used juggling to show how we can juggle our time, but eventually we will fall over due to doing too much

Page: