Page:
Kooothormember
129 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Be careful if you click on the image, this could hurt....

Kooothor , French Crew
~~~~
i'm in your kitchen, drinkin' your milk

puzzledustGOLD Member
35 posts

Posted:
What kind of event do you suppose you would need to hire a Christian juggler for?

Hmmm... I've got nothing...

Puzzle Dust Circus<br />

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
More importantly who would win in a fight between the CJA and WJF?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: firefay

What kind of event do you suppose you would need to hire a Christian juggler for?

Hmmm... I've got nothing...

you'd be suprised - very suprised.
some of those guys get more gigs than you can shake a stick at.
think sunday school/church event and entertainer using juggling to convey christian idea and ideals.

a juggling show is second only to gospel in my 'cool ways to worship' book.
which is obviously an imaginary book.
that's pretty much empty.

wink

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
 Written by: firefay

I've worked with kids in my local church, they like juggling just as much as kids anywhere else, and both the first game of volleyball with clubs and the first firejuggling I've seen was at a Christian youth groups sports event biggrin

You'd be surprised what churches, especially the more radical ones, come up with to get and keep kids and teenagers interested.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Of course God's a juggler! how do you think the planets stay in orbit all the time?! Duh!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I wish I could juggle that many balls...although I bet it helps that he didn't invent gravity in space

* thinks how many balls he could juggle on the moon*

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: 87wt2gxq7

Written by: Mynci

he didn't invent gravity in space

NB: not strictly true wink

not even slightly in fact!

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
But possibly not a contact juggler. You need more powers than he/she/it possesses to get it right.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
I really don't understand why they have to segregate themselves from the rest. When someone is going to hire a performer what do they expect??? the non cristians to start summoning demons, yelliing profanities, breaking down the moral fibres of the church..... it just seems very odd. It sounds like they are trying to say they are better because they are christian. Thats just my opinion.

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
So you've been to a Falmouth meet then? biggrin

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
No i'm still stuck in oz. What part is true, the breaking moral boundaries or these people wanting to be segregated to be noticed!! ubbtickled

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
I thought it was unChristian to play with your balls...

( ubbangel )

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
 Written by: coleman

Written by: 87wt2gxq7

Written by: Mynci

he didn't invent gravity in space

NB: not strictly true wink

not even slightly in fact!

cole. x

sorry you are quite correct, I meant in the conventional earth boound sense of 9.80665 m/s² which is pretty fast, I SHOULD have said he didn't invent DOWN in space biggrin so there is nowhere for the balls to fall,

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
'Life is a juggling act....' ubbangel

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
But you can afford to "drop" a few in life biggrin ubblol

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
w.w.j.d
thou shalt juggle to prove thy love for god...

or is it because eveyr time you juggle an angel gets hes wings?
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
Same reason why Christian rock bands are around, and Christian motorcycle groups (love God Squad) and christian freestyle skaters and stuff.

They each have a common interest (skating, etc) and the love for God.. they come together to be able to share both their passions, whilst spreading the word of God and proving that Christians aren't the dorks that you imagine when you think of Christians and Church.

If everyone else can have their groups, why can't we?

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Check this out - David Cain - juggler for Jesus. A sermon told through the medium of juggling - hilarious stuff

Juggling for Jesus

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: GitasGuy

When someone is going to hire a performer what do they expect???

they expect exactly the kind of performance that helen just posted smile

its pretty much only 'christian jugglers' that offer that kind of performance.

like i said before: "think sunday school/church event and entertainer using juggling to convey christian idea and ideals" ubbrollsmile

and for the record, david cain is a pretty damn good juggler.

ooh, am i allowed to say damn in here?

no?

oh, bugger!

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
there were some pretty good jugglers at soul survivor 2006, not many but there were some (including me wink)

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
 Written by: coleman

its pretty much only 'christian jugglers' that offer that kind of performance.

like i said before: "think sunday school/church event and entertainer using juggling to convey christian idea and ideals" ubbrollsmile

The videos don't seem to be working for me, (maybe because i'm a sceptic rolleyes)

Then can someone explain to me how you convey christian ideals through juggling!! confused

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
I asked a cristien friend of mine
"what do you juggle?"
"I juggle with metaphores from the bible."
"that not a bit heavy?"
i asked.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
LOL!!! ubblol ubblol very good i like it!

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
how do you convey christian ideals through juggling? *starts juggling* I juggle as it was a gift I was given by my lord, Jesus Christ.

OR!

start by throwing and catching one ball by yourself and so on until you reach your limit, then add one more and it all comes crashing down. Grab someone else and your able to juggle more balls than you normally can. This is a metaphor. We try to juggle as much into our lives as we can by ourselves, but we need our Lord to fully reach our potential.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
maybe their ideals are the balls... all up in the air with no solid grounding wink (sorry my atheism slipped out)

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Hanz

how do you convey christian ideals through juggling? *starts juggling* I juggle as it was a gift I was given by my lord, Jesus Christ.

OR!

start by throwing and catching one ball by yourself and so on until you reach your limit, then add one more and it all comes crashing down. Grab someone else and your able to juggle more balls than you normally can. This is a metaphor. We try to juggle as much into our lives as we can by ourselves, but we need our Lord to fully reach our potential.

So it really is just your thoughts, you cant actually tell a story through juggling. Anything can be a metaphor for some part of the bible. So really your no different from the rest of us that don't need to be under a certain umbrella (being a christian) to perfom. I juggle and twirl and i don't see it as a god given gift. Levitation or walking on water would be a god given gift. But then again thats debateable whether that really happened either or was just a metaphor of the situation!! Sorry had to rant!!!

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
*puts hands up and backs away*

I dont know! I was merely trying to think of how it is done in other situations! Sorry for expressing my thoughts on how it might work.

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Sorry Hanz i wasn't having a go at you directly. I'm just a little confused as to we're the message comes into it. Do you give a sermon at the same time as juggling/ or is the juggling the sermon. Just very curious. Not trying to attack anyone!!

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
I don't know.. I may be Christian, but I don't give sermons! um, from different events I go to, the sermons can be before, during or after the props are used, sometimes the props are used heaps, other times only used very minimally. All depends on the preacher/pastor/whatever giving the sermon
EDITED_BY: Hanz (1162448471)

Page: