MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
Today i was doing devilsticks randomly in town chatting to my mates when i was ambused by a group of no less then 20 chavs trying to break/steal my devilstick or assualt me or do both. The city has got so bad that i cant even take my poi outside with me.

Has anyone got any suggestion on how to stop them being such D***head's

I was thinking maybe getting a gang of spinners down to look scary lol ubbrollsmile

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear that Mike-

I must admit that I was skeptical about congregating and playing conspicuously in Gloucester following previous experiences- that you can't even walk down the street is really rough though frown

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
hug

I remember Gloucester! I come from Stroud originally, about 20 miles away but much friendlier. I've heard friends mention similar problems in Cheltenham too.

I have the same issue where I live now in Middlesex, I can't do poi near where I live for fear of getting abused by the local chav brigade, even in my own front garden.

Going out in a big group makes me feel a bit safer, but doesn't really work in reality when there are 20 chavs who all really want to fight or give you a hard time. I really don't know if there's a solution to this issue, except spinning at indoor meets or private venues where the little f*ckers can't get to you!

Maybe go out of town a bit, there's loads of fields and woods not far from Goucester where you'd probably get less chavs than in the town centre.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
YEah its just a shame that the spinners have to move from the chavs causing the problem. Our indoor meets are greast we have one weekly and nothing bad happens.

Yesterday just toke the biscuit a little bit though. I am currently talking to the counical about having like a grasss area just for spinners and stuff so maybe soon somthing big will be going on.

Chutney: I know what u mean.... There is always robinswood hill which is chav free for future meets in gloucester i suppose

old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Robinswood Hill! I was trying to remember the name of that place...

Haresfield Beacon is really nice too, if you have the energy/car to get up there... bit windy sometimes though. We used to go picking mushrooms there about this time of year.

Yeah it does suck that you have to move rather than them. Maybe talking with the council and police more will open up some more solutions.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Bob Dylan

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
hopefully it willl.... Have you ever been to mayhill thats a nice one to

PatchesBRONZE Member
6 posts

Posted:
Its sad... if I try to play with my devilsticks outside my dormatory I get attacked too. We should all get together and show them whose boss! And if that doesnt work we can always shank them.

Hello, Goodbye, its all the same.
Dont argue, its not even worth it, I will shank you...
<333

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
lol i suppose its always going to be a sad fact that people like us will never be understood because nine times out of ten chavs are the idoits that wwhere the bullys at school.

I wanna do a big meet in glos like a 3 day event but i dunno if anyone would be intersted

old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Have you got access to the uni campus? Can't remember what Chelt & Glos uni campus looks like, but I live near my old Uni campus in Middlesex and it's fairly safe/chav free there... well, still get quite a few odd looks from people, but no agression. Maybe worth talking to a college/uni about negotiating some space you can use, or starting a student club? Just a thought.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Bob Dylan

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
yeah we do student workshops in glos and chelt 4 times a week but we havvnt got a college of uni that will let us use there space yet. Need to get more spinners in glos i am fed up of having hardly anyone to spin with anymore it got to a stage the other day when i was going hay look at this hyperloop and they were going oh look at this and it was a 3bt.

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Well I'll be about a bit more more in a few weeks Mike- if you have indoor spinny space then I reckon we can sort something out.

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
we do have two options for indoor spinny places yeah both in glos i havnt hadtime to look into chelt yet so. but the glos venues have hi cielings and so on so should be ok.

WIll be cool i can learn more stuff off u llol