Forums > Other Toys > Cheap and easy to make juggling balls

Login/Join to Participate

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
I have been making my own juggling balls and many people who've seen them have asked how they are made so.....

Its easy peasy! No Sewing involved!!

All you need is
Balloons
Rice (or millet, lentils etc. nothing sharp!)
Plastic drinks bottle

Get the plastic bottle and cut the top off to make a funnel.
Tape the edge if you want because it can be quite sharp.

Non-Https Image Link

Inflate and deflate the balloon so its a bit more stretchy. Put a balloon onto the end of the bottle, making sure that you get most of the neck over the end of the bottle.

Non-Https Image Link

Fill the balloon with rice (or what ever else you are using). You can either use a pencil or something similar to push the rice or put the funnel over your mouth and inflate the balloon a bit (which is why you might want to tape the edge or you'll get a scratched face). The rice should just fall in to the balloon.

Non-Https Image Link

Once you have filled the balloon with the desired amount of rice. Cut the balloon where the neck meets the main body of the balloon.

Non-Https Image Link

Get another balloon, inflate and deflate to stretch it, and then cut off the neck.

Non-Https Image Link

Stretch the balloon over the ball, making sure that you cover the opening in the first balloon.

Non-Https Image Link

You can add more balloons to make it stronger. I have used a total of three balloons for each ball I made and they are pretty strong

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
smile I heard this method whilst travelling in Australia - it was on TripleJ radio as a random 2 minute segment biggrin

You can also get creative by adding more different colour balloons and cutting both ends of them so there's a coloured hole both ends.

Yay for rice

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
But on a quarantine note please dont bring grain from other countries into Australia. Those lovely poi and juggling balls can have nasty creitters that our isolated island doesnt have.

Zak wont let me throw a balloon out so the compromise is I make a all with it.

Nice one star ubblove

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
you can cut many holes in the final balloon layer to make spotty ones too. You have to be careful though because the balloons sometimes split when you stretch them over the ball.

Non-Https Image Link