Meeko_KiddoSILVER Member
journeyman
84 posts

Posted:
I saw a really interesting way to make poi this weekend, I need to get a pair to make myself but I thought id share, see if anyone else did them... but someone took the Oggz lights and cut a hole at the top to attatch the chain, and they looked wicked! They are made of a soft but firm rubber on the outside, and the light inside even has a soft rubber coating. They were bright, a bit heavier than im used to but the rubber doesnt hurt even when you smack yourself.

Anyone ever do this? I plan on making a pair this weekend.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Check out [Old link]

And flowtoys. There is no need for you to cut anything up, they have them ready made.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
what about https://www.oddballs.co.uk/acatalog/Glow_Poi.html
-look at the alternator poi, these are what I have and they're nice and soft, not too heavy either.

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Poig I have 2 sets of those. I got one for me and one set for my Niece to use... someone else on here recommened them to me. I really don't like them... I find the heads too light compared to the chains thay are on. and both of the sets I got started to split around the point where they connect to the chain withing a week of having them. They eat batteries faster than any glow toys I've ever had.

Lets just say I wouldn't recommend them.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
Mine seem to be working fine, but maybe you do lots more spinning than me

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

KairaBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
I actually have a pair of oggz that are made into poi. I got them as a Christmas present, so I don't know where but someone makes them and sells them commercially. I would be happy to find out where if you want, and if not making them yourself is fine. They are actually really nice to use and look amazing in the dark!!