PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
So, while away this weekend I realized something really big for me.

I need to back away from performing. I will still do the things I am booked to do currently. I will still actually take on a few "regular" small shows. But I want to take the time to really define, push, hone, polish and really work on what I have to offer. I realized that I can not do the two things at the same time physically, since I get soooo burned out doing it alone but don't trust alot of people to join me.
Weird huh?

I am working on stuff that I hope to launch down under later in the year.
I just have this overwhelming feeling that this is a perfect time for learning, growth, development and evolution...and that I need to take it.

Do you ever reach that point, in anything?

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

hollymember
61 posts

Posted:
i feel i know exactly how you feel. im used to a hectic life, especially in the last few years when i think i have, and still am changing alot. normally my life is busy term times then earn money in the holidays.

now this way of life i think is why i have the problems i have now- unsatisfaction, unhappiness. no time for reflection in my day to day life. never really realised how important it was.

so i have made the conscious decision to use my whole 4 months this summer to reflect on my whole life, and especially the last few transitional years. all my chilhood, and teenage life. i dont care about money. because solving my what i thought were problems hasnt made me happy. so its kinda gonna be a holiday for my mind. i have been trying to do it while juggling uni and life and it just cant be done. it is physically and mentally exhausting. i feel exactly how you feel- i suddenly crave this time for personal growth and development, mentally. i want to become a better, calmer person as a result. a stressfull life is turning me into someone i dont like. so yes, im stepping back, and i also see this a an opportunity i must take now. if i dont, my problems will still be there at the end of my day. if not now, probably never- i will always be too busy. i need this. sorry, dull post, but im happy about this decsion of mine and relate to you pele. i say go for it- i think if thats what your body is telling you you need, do it.

Never doubt that a small group of crusties, activists, and politicos can change the world... in fact, it's the only thing that ever does ;-)

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
I just have this overwhelming feeling that this is a perfect time for learning, growth, development and evolution...and that I need to take it.

I got to that point in my life too Pele, that's why I took up poi!

Sounds like you need some hard core r&r.

Look after yourself & all will be good in your world.

When will you be down under?

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne

thisboysetsfiremember
45 posts

Posted:
yes, iove got to that part in my life, it happens to me every time i go out on my BMX, i feel that i need to push myself that little harder to really achieve something good, and because i love it sooooo much, and thats the essence, if you love it enough to spend the time on perfecting it and so on you will succeed in your aim!

FIGHT WAR NOT WARS

Mike Buggins