Forums > Social Chat > Who would be your ideal "leader"?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Frazzlemember
105 posts

Posted:
Whilst listening to a radio debate last night,a comment was made that neither the President of the USA or the Prime Minister of England truly love their own countries.Suggestions for "ideal leadership candidates" were made such as Sean Bean,Jimmy Nail and John Peel - for being honest,down to earth and generally all-round nice guys.So...who would be your country's ideal President/Prime Minister and why?
I vote for the comedian Mark Thomas because he's a lovely,honest bloke and I like his (lack of) politics!

Happiness is a journey,not a destination

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Alexander the Great.

1) Thought he was the son of Zeus

2) His followers would have gone with him anywhere.

3) Loved a good party.

4) A complete hedonist.

Hmm....sounds like many spinners!

Raph

Frazzlemember
105 posts

Posted:
Thought I'd bump this topic and total up the votes for our new Prime Minister...ahem,it looks like it's going to be Mark Thomas then,hehehe! Although Ghandi did come a close second...

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
guys I am really disappointed that the only female nominated was Miss Piggy.

So I would like to nominate Judi Dench to stage a coup and take over. (face it, after playing the big boss in James Bond I am sure she has the forces to do the armed takeover bit)

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
And she played Queen Victoria to Billy Connelly's John Brown.....

I had a point to make when I started this post but I can't remember it right now.

Meh

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
quote:
There's no great sacrifice in not going into Mcdonalds, is there? Its like not stabbing yourself in the head on grounds of principle.

Well you do sacrifice those constant digestive problems by avoiding McDonalds. I only eat there when I'm constipated. It is the worlds greatest known laxitive next to White Castle, and Taco Bell.

Aanyway, I nominate Jello Biafra (Ex-Dead Kennedeys front man turned political and spoken word phenomonon, and also former mayoral candidate for the city of San Francisco) for president along with Henery Rollins (Ex-Black Flag frontman turned spoken word wonder) as vice president.

That would be just brilliant.

Jesus helps me trick people.

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
I will second sickpuppy's suggestion. Biaffra would take care of most of my problems pretty quick inside this country. But come now man, you can not rip on the Bell! It serves a very distinct purpose: To feed the stoners and desperate people who are up at 3 in the morning still. Now the fact that Starbucks is owned by some of the largest chemical companies of the world kinda bothers me... I mean these are people who'll dump crap in your back yard... hate to imagine what they would put in their "better tasting cup of coffee".

I'd like to nominate as well, Howard Zinn or Noam Chomski. It's kind of like chosing between Bush Jr. or Bush Sr., but with political ideologies swung to the other side... The charged, emotional leader or the calm and deliberate older fellow?

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I live in Denver where there is a very high Hispanic population. There are so many good mexican resteraunts here that I wouldn't even feed taco bell to my dog. And as far as Mexican fast food chains go it's Del Taco all the way.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Sometimes you've got to "run to the border!"

Raph

Frazzlemember
105 posts

Posted:
Hmmm,Jello Biafra,Henry Rollins and Noam Chomsky...All excellent choices,especially Mr.Rollins - political,poetic,passionate and PHWOOAR!

Dr.NoodleHeadBRONZE Member
170 posts

Posted:
Mmmm, Mark Thomas is truly awesome. Not only is he really funny, but he manages to be soooo polite and charming when he's exposing all those corrupt folks and dodgy goings on.

As to the ideal person....well, I think Douglas Adams had it right when he pointed out that, by definition, anyone who desires power is unfit to possess it. Hence why blokey running the galaxy was some obscure hermit living in a shack on some remote planet with his cat (or so he believed...). To keep the voters happy, you have the most exuberent and outrageous personality you can find who does all the publicity and scandals and stuff. Perfect solution

Fish are just like trees except they move and they're invisible

Page: