Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Sydney Juggling (and Twirling) Convention 2007

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
madjugglingGOLD Member
stranger
46 posts

Posted:
Hi all,

The Sydney Juggling Convention 2007 is currently being organised. The dates and location are set and there's even a website.

Sydney Juggling Convention 2007

Dates: Fri 26 - Sun 28, Jan 2007

Cost: $100 AU for 3 days

SJC 2007 has just secured SCEGGS Darlinghurst (a school sports hall) as the venue. It has all the things a juggling convention venue needs:

* High ceilings - a must for the serious numbers
* Eateries galore - just around the corner from the Darlinghurst cafe strip
* Close to transport - just around the corner from train stations and bus stops
* In the Sydney metro area.

So, check out the website, tell all your friends and get excited!

There is a contact email on the website if you have any questions

cya in Sydney...

Mark Douglass
madjuggling

p.s. there has been a small twirling contingent, including bluecat (rob) and firenix (rob) and steve last year, but would love to have more twirling. The more twirlers that turn up, the more twirling that will go on, including twirling workshops and performances. i hope to see you there.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
yeh, im with you on that, 100 catches is what i always aim for.

last night, i got 12 tongue

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I should be able to go to this, will know for definate as soon as I get my visa back biggrin :bouce2:

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
SJC tickets are now available online.

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Hope you all have LOTS of fun and learning
I have a feeling the SJC will be taking another step up next year. Its a shame but it appears as though I wont be there to see it. Probably doing 3 months of shows in China Mark.
But we shall get to hook-up at Woodford it appears - looking forward to catching up.
Meanwhile - hope to see as many of you Sydney-ites there and have fun at the SJC
Peas out

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
W00t! Just transferred funds to Paypal Account... Will buy ticks once the money clear!!!

BTW Booking my Train Ticket up there today! So I'll definately be there!!! Now I just gotta get my juggling (Both contact and Toss) to a half decent level... lol
Cheers, Moka

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
moka, im booking the train tickets home tonite smile

still cant decide if im going to go via brisbane or not yet, decisions, decisions...

cheers, pete hug

madjugglingGOLD Member
stranger
46 posts

Posted:
hi all

few replies in one.

pete and moka (and others who are thinking of coming). feel free to come up a few days beforehand/after the convention (the offer of accomodation is fine for this time too). there is a juggling club on wednesday night and we are thinking of unofficially starting the convention on the thursday by juggling in hyde park (a big park in the middle of the city).

rob. congrats on getting the work in china. shame you wont be at sjc. but am definitely looking forward to woodford. see you then mate.

steaks. fingers crossed you will make it.

this is getting very exciting. no hints yet, but we are just finalising details of an international guest.

mark

MokaGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... Haven't booked my ticks up yet... doing that today... may come up earlier :-P

Written by: madjuggling

we are just finalising details of an international guest.

mark

*GUESSES*

Viktor Kee???

Michael Moschen???

C'mon lets get some big names :-P

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Steaks, you need one of these: n wink

DId I wish you luck with this Mark? I cant remember.. *scrolls up* ah yes, so I did. Well, good luck again.
I'll be seeing you in a few weeks my friend smile

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
wonderfull, i should be arriving on the tuesday morning, so i should be there on the wednesday night smile

cheers, pete hug

madjugglingGOLD Member
stranger
46 posts

Posted:
john - thanks for the well wishes. catch up with you soon. make sure you get along to the juggling club.

pete - make sure you PM through the exact details closer to the date, and ill organise picking you up and/or giving you directions (i am just a bus ride from central train station).

have fun all

mark

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
im not quite sure what im doing yet, i have an uncle in sydney who i might stay with for one night, as well as a friend (rozi) who i might visit too. will sort that all out down the track though.

cheers, pete hug

MokaGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Booked my ticket there today... Will get there Wednesday Morning!!! w00t! It's really happening... and to think this was all just a spur of the moment decision to come :-P
ROFL
Cheers, Moka

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
okayyy. train trips back are booked, as is my SJC ticket. all i gota sort out is how i get there tongue

cheers, pete hug

MokaGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
WOOOOOO!!!
Ticket there, ticket back, Accommodation all orgainized... And when the paypal funds clear I'll have my entry too!!!
Now I just gotta contain myself until the convention... (I don't know if i can...)

madjugglingGOLD Member
stranger
46 posts

Posted:
pete and moka. glad you guys are all sorted. i too cant wait. its going to be great.

pete. just let me know your plans closer to the date. and rozi lives close to me.

have fun all

mark

MokaGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Hey mark, Is that T-shirt idea a goer??? Just wondering coz I saw something about it on the tickets page a few days ago and now it's gone? I don't know about the rest of the attendees but I'd definately like one, and Like to see us all in one for a huge group shot... lol
Cheers, Moka

madjugglingGOLD Member
stranger
46 posts

Posted:
moka

i am not sure about the t shirt thing to be honest. i will check it out.

originally the early bird included a t shirt, but they reduced the early bird and kept the t shirt seperate. and i thought you would be able to order the shirt at the same time as well, but we cant yet. as i said, ill check

mark

MokaGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
*Crosses Fingers* And hopes for T-Shirt...

MokaGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
W00t! just paid for my entry ticket, and bought myself a brand new set of PX3s...
Yay, Now if I can only juggle... ROFL

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
bounce *yay* all my tickets are sorted

im arriving on the saturday morning, a week before hand. im going to be staying with some family and probably rozi for a bit smile

im also going to sydney, via brisbane, so i should hopefully have a bunch of new poi stuff as well as all this theoretical antispin stuff im workin on tongue

will send a PM throught with my details mark smile

cheers, pete hug bounce2

madjugglingGOLD Member
stranger
46 posts

Posted:
bounce2 yay for pete! i look forward to the nerdiness

mark

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
damit its the same weekend as rainbow

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

madjugglingGOLD Member
stranger
46 posts

Posted:
it is unfortunate that it falls the same weekend. but it wouldnt matter which public holiday we had it, it would always clash with something else.

hope you can make it

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hehe, there shall be nerdieness gallore i think ubblol

im working on some new antispin stuff with poi, ive even picked up a set of doubles (shock horror) for something new that came to me smile

hug

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
oooo, sounding fun. might see if i can squeeze in a trip to Sydney just before the Tas circus festival kicks in. smile

i see someone from Te pOOka is coming! do you know if they're running workshops at the Tas festival as well?

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
*bump*

can i reserve tickets or do i have to pre-pay for them?

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
*yay*, less than a month to go.

i *think* you need to pre pay or take your luck and buy them at the door, but im not sure. the website might say something.

cheers, petey hug

madjugglingGOLD Member
stranger
46 posts

Posted:
Just a Reminder that the Pre Register date is the 14th of January. Register by then to save $20.

Also, if you need help with accomodation, PM me

and if you have already organised accomodation with me, please PM me again to confirm the dates/time you are arriving.

thanks

Mark

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mr Majestik

I see someone from Te pOOka is coming! do you know if they're running workshops at the Tas festival as well?

??? confused ??? The Special Guest is Luke Burridge.. naught to do with Pooks... I think you are looking at the previous guests.... But I can tell ya, Luke did a great workshop at the EJC this year on MCing. Terrific chap smile

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Page: