wyndsurfrnewbie
18 posts

Posted:
I have heard tale of super bright led lights being used in glow/sock poi. I would love to get my hands on some of these!!! I saw a fellow at a burn this weekend who had some but i forget the name of the led's now, he had made his own poi out of them and they were insanely bright. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated!!!

Dude... my butt's on fire again... bummer...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
www.globall.com biggrin

I warn you, they are fairly expensive, and they might soon be stopping production of the balls as they are bringing in a new set with 16 million colours ubblove

wyndsurfrnewbie
18 posts

Posted:
I remember the name now, it's luxeon or something to that effect. those globalls look pretty good, but they say they only glow for 4 hours, and companies always overstate how long their batteries last. but 4 hours doesn't sound like a very long time, when i get into spinning sometimes i like to go all night. hmmmm.... maybe end up ordering 2 sets and some cool socks off of here.
are they a lot brighter than the bright led's they sell here???

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
16 million colors. One at a time! *ROFLMAO*

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
For the LEDs you're talking about, try lumileds.. I use Luxeon LEDs in my toys (HyperLights) which will (hopefully) be coming out in time for christmas.

Depending on the patterns you load into them, they generally last a couple of hours... but they use AAA batteries so with a few sets you can keep going all night biggrin

Cake or Death?

wyndsurfrnewbie
18 posts

Posted:
christmas huh??? that would be really nice!!! i also really really like the AAA idea, waaay better than watch batteries. also i bet the heavier weight helps with going slow too!!!! Thanks for the info everybody!!!