Forums > Help! > Im Depressed!I need help with my poi

Login/Join to Participate

HaadRinPoi06SILVER Member
20 posts

Posted:
Hey, i used to live near Cambridge, now ive moved to Loughborough, and i work in a nightclub.

The other night, some guy was downstairs in the bit where u pay and he was doing LED poi and some woman was like recruiting him to go round clubs with her n b part of like entertainment staff....and it really really depressed me, coz even though i have done fire poi quite a few times for family n stuff, i have always wanted to do it in clubs but this guy was really good and he just kept it flowing really nice.

I want to be able to flow but i cant do alot of the moves tht u need to make it flow like the backwards weave - i really suck at that! Is there anyone round Loughborough/Leicester that would be willing to help me!? thankx

Clo xx

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
In the future, any location-based enquires are better off in the Events & Performances or Meet Others section...

AND I thought this was gonna be a thread about depression. Jeez Drama Queen much? We have all been humbled by having the bar-raised just that little bit higher by others when we think we're ALMOST there! It just means that you've ALWAYS got more to learn...

I believe Loughborough University have a juggling club that also does poi and staff etc... I had the pleasure of having an impromptu meet with them when they had their annual FreeFest...

Are you a student? Even if not I'm sure they won't mind and outsider joining the ranks. More the merrier etc.

Maybe I'll see you at the next FreeFest next year?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
The more incredible spinners you see, makes you want to practise more just so you can be better than them.

Thats why people like MCP and I are around! wink ubblol

*is violently sick*

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Without meaning to sound tooooooooo harsh - I can't personally agree with any post which contains the phrases:
"i have always wanted to do it in clubs"
and
"i cant do alot of the moves tht u need to make it flow like the backwards weave"

How long have you been spinning for?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UmbiliciformCraterOnFace

The more incredible spinners you see, makes you want to practise more just so you can be better than them.

Thats why people like MCP and I are around! wink ubblol

*is violently sick*

See this is what happens without the humbling effect of others. - You get complacent and do nothing but bum around foreign countries making yourself sick smoking er... the entire contents of the spice rack...

Get cracking girlie! biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I havent had a spliff for a week now.
My brain feels like its melting...

Is that a bad sign? wink

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
You're at the computer instead of spinning...

So yes....

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Its 00:19 FFS! wink

Im in bed!!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I KNOW you've spun later than that in the past!

But while you're there.... I'M sleepy too... ubbrollsmile

Btw. Noticed your avatar.... HARHAR! biggrin

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
im with durbs on this one. its a bit harsh but really, all it means is you need more practice.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
club spinning is fun, it starts conversation
fire spinning in clubs i don't know more practice seems good

how long have you done fire poi...a few times i don't think qualifies for large crowds of drunk people...drunk people are attracted to fire, like moths, both get burned, one leads to suing, and need for insurance

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
um, fire spinning, inside, usually not a good idea.

But I don't think that was the point anyway.

yes, basically its just a lot of practice. You'll always meet people who are 'better' at it than you, but that goes with anything in life. It's what you get out of it that counts. Don't compare yourself to other people but learn from them.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
as usual i miss the point

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pricklyleaf

um, fire spinning, inside, usually not a good idea.

not a good idea - a GREAT idea! biggrin

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Dear Clo...practice practice practice my lovely!

Just have fun, don't be disheartened by all the kick ass poi-ers out there.

Swing your thing lady!! bounce

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.