FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
SO, i'm at the airport, and Cassandra's flight has been delayed an hour, so i thought i'd take advantage of this little net doovy thingamy and tell you all just how nervous i am...

actually, im more nervous that i wont find her!! EEK! she's so little (so everyone tells me)

i was nervous before meeting Dom too. and i'm nervous about meeting Rozi later in the year...

does anyone else get nervous? i dont usually when i'm meeting ppl offline, but for some reason, i am now! EEEEK!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
As I'm sure you well know by now, there is no reason to be nervous around Cass - unless she offers to make you Crepes anyway... As I have said previously, the nutella crepes are the material component for some sort of witchcraft spell to capture your soul.

Please give her a really big hug for me.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
rightoh
*counts on fingers*

thats 132 hugs i've got to give Cass now... i dont imagine we'll be getting out of the airport anytime soon after she gets here...

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
you have 132 fingers?

right then, you can just tell her to write me then instead of hugging her. Or perhaps you could just give her a good spanking for me?

Oh yeah, tell her she absolutely HAS to visit South Africa too.

She is amazingly cool though. Enjoy your time with her - every second of it, because you'll be left wanting more when she is gone. Don't waste your time being nervous.

-v-

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I told you once already today, you cannot be nervous.

And if you dare call me at the airport ten minutes before you meet me to tell you are nervous, I swear I will laugh my head off

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
If you've got a spare hug floating about could you give it to Danae from me.

nervous, thats just daft. but I know what you mean, a kind of excitement that puts you on the edge of your seat.
boingwhoopwhoopiesplatthudbouncewhoooo

She's absolutely lovely, even from the other side of the world and thanks for reminding me.
but dont get her wet and don't feed her after midnight.

Have fun and send her back this way one day.

Drew

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I just really envious you get to meet her - period!

someday I'll get to eat those crepes

Josh

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I u Flynt, you have touched me in so many ways , I am enjoying every second with you, you beautiful lady

Josh , you really wanted to meet me ? Man ... I ... never mind, would have loved to meet you and katinca as well, surely one day

If it is for the crepes on the other hand, I can always mail them

am having such a great time here and twirling fire with bender and Brassmonkey and Flynt and Earthdreamer and Falloutboy tonight

isn t life gorgeous

Vanize, hugs and love an dmore words to come soon

Glass .... you forgot to say they can feed me with nutella after midnight thought, that is no problem

Rozi... am I actually really gonna see you tormorrow ???? WAHOOOOOO

shine on
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I soooooo, can't wait to see you. I have hugs for you that have been chasing you around the world. They may finally catch up.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
ner ner neeer neer neeerr. Cass is MINE in 18hours time YAY.

o boy we are gonna misbehave. Shpongle here, shpongle there, shpongle everywhere! Hope you brought your dancing shoes - we are gonna stomp!

Just thinking - in the last 3 weeks, I have had the honour and pleasure of meeting Dom, Malcolm and Cherry and tomorrow I can add Cass to the list. I feel quite special really.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
wee
one more day to go

am stewing the apples tonight for the pancakes

have big boucy hugs waiting for you cass

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
o - and I just had a delightful phone conversation with our very own Flynt... How I love thee Home of Poi.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Flynt, back to the original question...I get nervous meeting anyone from HoP especially. Very much so.
I am a mediocre spinner at best and I have no idea who I have offended or what people expect when they meet me, so I get tremendously nervous. I don't want people thinking.. "Ewww that's Pele?"
There are always a thousand questions that go through my head and a million more what if's. I understand fully, and know it will be wonderful for you no matter who you meet only because you are wonderful, and that is half the battle!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
thanks Pele, for returning to the question, this was actually something that i wanted discussed....

i get really nervous before meeting anyone, Famous HoP ppl it seems to be even more so! i guess thats becuase in a way, you sort of know that person, if not by reputation, then by pm's or emails....

I dont know if i'm scared about poi`ing in front of anyone, but then again, i dont have the reputation that you do Pele!!!

Cass, my darling, I you, I think you might have accidentally packed my heart and taken it with you when you left today!

Rozi, i'll ring you ten minutes before i get there, seriously girl! and i'll tell you i'm nervous.... `

Flash!!! you are one funky munky girl, i hope to meet you later this year too! SNARF! (can we sphongle? what exactly IS that???)

everyone else, i hugged and hugged and hugged her. Is it possible to overdose on hugz?

[ 13. March 2003, 18:13: Message edited by: Flynt ]

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
No it's not possible to OD on Hugz

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Oh no!!! Flynt must have eaten the nutella crepes! How many times have I told people here not to do that! That is how she captures your soul!

Cassandra's racked up another one.

-v-

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I still remember the first time I saw Mme Sapita... THE-cutest-lil-thing-you-ever-did-see bundled up in the prettiest black coat and sweet little glasses.

Nervous? Nope. There are few people that are more comforting... I'm sure you all figured that out after one hug.

And if one could overdose on hugs Cass is certainly immune.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Wondering how I can deal with the warmth and tremendous LOVE I have for so many of you people... makes me giggle and smile and dance and live so much happier and I doubt I can ever ever return the love and the favour you all did me by welcoming me

Yep... I love you guys so much
Am actuallly giggling as I type because of how much I love you all...

Thank you

Vanize, sweetie, stop telling everyone my secret... can I bribe you to stop warning people ... DON T EVEN START TYPING BEFORE YOU THINK TWICE ... I know how your twisted mind works

You can never OD on hugs, I have been squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing Flas and ROzy sooo much yesterday and I am doing just Fine now
cvo ci;wuefgp687645qEUFYG0P
PF3I1YU47-URJF;QJERHG[]`P4T]OJ
;WEROJFGH[

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
oh my god
she came she creped and she spun us a storm

was so nervus about meeting the little frog it over flowed into crazy hyperactive sillyness on my part

was bouncing of the walls

was great to finaly meet you madam frog

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Cass wants to bribe me into silence?!?

What do think I am, a politician? This is a pblic service - the world must know, the warning must go out. You should know I have far too much integrity to be bribed.

Unless of course you were thinking about coming to South Africa... then perhaps we could work something out...

-v-

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
This feels very strange - here I am on HoP reading all the wonderful things about Cassandra, when I actually have the real life version sitting right here beside me.

She's wonderful; a very real person who is so easy to talk to, on any level that you desire.

All the things I've read about Cass in the past have made me sort of think that she's a fluffy ball of love; whilst she is actually this, she is also most certainly a woman of substance, intelligence, and has a refined emotional energy.

But - back to the question at hand... Do I get nervous? Yes, I get more nervous at the prospect of meeting a HoPer than I do when I'm about to go on stage. Again, it's about any preconcieved expectations that I'm afraid people may have about who I am as a person and how I am as a fire dancer... I get anxious when I feel that I cannot reach any elevated ideals or worse, be the sarcastic egotist that others may think I can be hehee heheheee . However, this is all pre-meeting a person - just me and my social demons having a bit of a discourse... When I actually meet the person and fall into a groove with them, it all becomes the way it should be.

[ 15. March 2003, 17:06: Message edited by: flash fire ]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I have to say, Flash, (and I hope I don't offend my sweet Cass) but the first thing that surprised me was her intelligence and substance as well. It actually radically changed my view of happiness and warmth. I'd never seen it combined in quite that way with smarts and intellect.

She taught me that you don't have to sacrifice realism to gain idealism.

I'm rarely "the dumb one" or "the mean one" or "the tall one" but when I stand next to her, I'm all three.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]