Page:
DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Just seen that Malc's already put up the details for CoL 2007 - cool smile (Nice prize too...)

After all the criticism of the last one, I reckon anyone who slagged if off should enter wink

I know I say this every year, but damnit...this year, I'm gonna do it smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
So Durbs, is yours done yet? wink

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
heh heh - Back up version is
But it's already waaaaaaay out of date (as was planned) so I need to film a newer one biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yeah we need to get on the case with the other guys we have to film...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
oh wow! bounce i just got permission from nicky bomba to use one of his tracks bounce2

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
well just sent a email today to see if i could use a track by styles and breeze i am keeping my fingers crossed

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
Hi all. I noticed, and we all have theorised here at HoP Central/HoP HQ, that access to Royalty Free music is one of the big barriers to people submitting COL entries. So we've been working on addressing that issue by working with local (NZ based) artists and organisations, and while it's still early days yet, we've started to get some interest.

The idea is we provide a free service to "match make" between HoPpers and music artists to provide HoPpers with free music in return for exposure for the artists.
We'll put together some kind of web-page to put you and them together, but until we get to that, if anyone wants help finding music to use for their clip, let me know (PM or e-mail) as I have one candidate ready to roll immediately and another couple of possibles in the pipeline.

Oh, and if any of you know of music artists who would be interested in being listed with us, also, please let me know.

('cos free is good!) bounce

cheers
George

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Oh, oh, oh....

What's the chances of Fat Freddy's Drop (Wellington?)?!!

Or Trinity Roots (Wellington?)?!

Or Open Souls (Auckland)?

Or One Million Dollars (Auckland)?

Nesian Mystik would be nice too...

Good idea smile
EDITED_BY: _Clare_ (1175679054)

Getting to the other side smile

georgemcBRONZE Member
2,387 posts

Posted:
Clare - is that a prioritised wish list is it??!
Want me to try and contact them??

Chances are if you know about them, they're already "too famous" to give us "free music", but hey, if you don't ask...
smile
George

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hehe, thats what i was thinking about a month ago george... apparently the people i tried were more than happy biggrin

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

georgemcBRONZE Member
2,387 posts

Posted:
The people you tried wanna share ?? ubbrollsmile

grin

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
might as well give them a try.. 'bomba' is the name of the band. i emailed nicky bomba directly, through their website here

hug

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Yes!!!!

Most definitely a wishlist!!!

If you manage to get tracks from Fat Freddy's or Trinty Roots I might enter again ubblol smile

(Particularly if you get Flashback from Fat Freddy's).

However... I used to know the One Million Dollars lads, and also some of the Open Souls peoples... I'm pretty sure they'd be up for it - if you explain how many people see the vid around the world... and that they'd get credit at the end of the video (which I think is a good idea anyways).

OMD have a great song called Get Off... And nearly everything Open Souls have done is awesome.

https://www.myspace.com/opensoulsspace

www.myspace.com/energystate

www.myspace.com/fatfreddysdropp

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
 Written by: georgemc

Hi all. I noticed, and we all have theorised here at HoP Central/HoP HQ, that access to Royalty Free music is one of the big barriers to people submitting COL entries. So we've been working on addressing that issue by working with local (NZ based) artists and organisations, and while it's still early days yet, we've started to get some interest.

The idea is we provide a free service to "match make" between HoPpers and music artists to provide HoPpers with free music in return for exposure for the artists.
We'll put together some kind of web-page to put you and them together, but until we get to that, if anyone wants help finding music to use for their clip, let me know (PM or e-mail) as I have one candidate ready to roll immediately and another couple of possibles in the pipeline.

Oh, and if any of you know of music artists who would be interested in being listed with us, also, please let me know.

('cos free is good!) bounce

cheers
George

hi mate, if u can hook me up with a NZ prog(ressive trance) producer "frEQ" i will love you long time. probably willing to pay for the privilege...

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

georgemcBRONZE Member
2,387 posts

Posted:
Hi all again. Not a lot of action on the music front so far. Still working on the wishlists but maybe the ones mentioned are "too important" to talk to me. frown I still have one guy interested if anyone needs it.

Main reason for the post - we've got 2 entries so far - one from Japan and one from Russia. Where's all the rest with not so long to go now???

Come on one and all, get them videos rolling in now!

grin

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
dont stress george.. mines in the making smile unfortunately, two minutes of footage from alternate angle no. 2 went missing, so i may re-film that next weekend smile

hug

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
rolleyes

Slackers

biggrin

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
Mine will be there...
but now that im sorting it out im getting pretty paranoid about what people will think...

i need nicotine....!
help

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Melbourne gettin cold for rehearsals smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Yeeeeeep, how the heck did the deadline start getting so close so soon?!

and my camera's still broken frown

Argh.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
mine fixed itself! yay!!!!!

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ok..... so as retard girl is going to do something, i think i may have to as well, just because i cant have her looking crap on her own smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
great! more gayness on COL!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Circles of Laughter........

thats what it should be called, well especially if your on it........ Malcom ill pay you the prize money not to use MCP in the video! wink

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't joke about that... He might take you up on it!

As is, I wouldn't pay any money to stop people using footage of you.... With you're skillz, I won't need to. biggrin

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol

So ill fit right in to this collection of vids then wink

ubbangel

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Yep... nice one.

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
I've finished my video, now i have to wait for Mosh ben ari's production company to send me the music form and I'll send it smile

georgemcBRONZE Member
2,387 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

Malcom ill pay you the prize money not to use MCP in the video! wink

I'll take that offer! Total prize money is US$2000 cash and US$1750 HoP credit. The cash bit is easy (I'll PM you the bank account details so you can arrange the TT), but how you gonna earn all that HoP credit Strugz??

ubblol ubblol ubblol rofl biggrin
George
HoP Greedy Man (so now everyone knows what the "GM" bit means!) smile

grin

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
yay, am starting editing tonight.. possibly filming a little more this weekend... if i get around to it tongue

hug kiss

georgemcBRONZE Member
2,387 posts

Posted:
dammit I thought I had one of those too (a round tuit that is), but I can't find the file. You'll just have to wait Pete!

grin

Page: