Forums > Social Chat > Heroes -- the new show about superpowers *possible SPOILERS*

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
I've completely gotten obsessed with the new show Heroes, about ordinary people (like junkies and webcam strippers ubblol) who develop superpowers. It's kind of a cross between X-Men and Lost. There've only been three episodes but I'm hooked, hooked, hooked. Anyone else seen it and want to geek out? Has it even aired outside the States yet?
EDITED_BY: _khan_ (1162506395)

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Domino

Written by: _khan_

Sorry, I just can't suspend that much disbelief.

It's a show about superheroes...

Yeah...but that's why the "real world" elements need to be spot-on, so the sci-fi/fantastic elements are more believable. I dunno, this may just be a pet-peeve of mine.

In the states (at least in California) there's this ad campaign that features a talking rooster, and in one of them the rooster makes a comment about Ricardo Montalban. The fact that the rooster is talking I can go with, doesn't bother me at all, but I get hung up on how this bird that's presumably spent its whole life in a barnyard could possibly know who Ricardo Montalban is.

~ ani di franco

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
If the Rooster can talk then presumably he can arrange for his free-roaming feathered friends to bring him the broadsheets every morning so he can keep himself updated on current events... tongue

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
good lord, I got that last line from Neon completely out of context, through thread update email having, not seen the rest of the conversation somehow.

just try to imagine that.

I'd just woken up and I was trying to get it round my brain to work out if it was some bizarre quote from the series I'd forgotten (I was thinking probably from the invisible man) or just some pure existentialist motivational thing.

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
I was pretty pleased with the finale, I have to say. It was really satisfying seeing them all come together and tag team Sylar. I was pretty psyched to see Niki finally, FINALLY, tap into her power...her whacking Sylar with the parking meter was pretty cool. I love superpowered fights involving municipal infrastructure! And I was pretty stoked that good-guy Nathan won out. And that whole scene with Simone's father was trippy.

It was pretty interesting how the final scene was like Peter's vision that he had after homecoming, but different.

There definitely was some filler this season, but I think they wrapped it up pretty well, with enough teasers thrown in for next round. Thumbs up from me.

~ ani di franco

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I basically watched the whole damn lot in a few days (yay bit-torrent).

Despite minor over exposure (I did look outside occasionally) I loved it. I was most impressed that it actually felt pretty adult- the scenes with Sylar were genuinely scary and an unomfortable (killing the 'other' cheerleader at homecoming, yeurgh!).

I can't wait for the second season biggrin

drofkcahSILVER Member
80 posts

Posted:
and that starts on the 24th sept, or some time round then

I am a sig virus place me in you sig so that i can continue to replicate

Rgds Drofkcah

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
2 and a half episodes left! ubblove

For those who want to watch all season 1 before its on BBC2, click this smile

I particularly recommend Veoh. Its excellent quality. smile

Though I cant any of tv links to work with Firefox, has anyone else had any luck?
I have to use IE to use the site frown

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Yeah I too watched the whole thing in 2 days - great to see US TV at its best, a la the X files at its peak
Also looking forward to the new series
Peas out

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I'm surprised there has been no religious clamour at this show what with the evil baddie being "the watchmaker" (paleys analogy) and having the name gabriel wink and the goodies al being the next step of Evolution ubblol has this been banned in the bible belt yet?

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
UCOF heart Christopher Eccleston

Thought he was crap as Doctor Who (mainly) though, awesome in this.
Plus, I liked his beard smile

Why did Nikki get involved in the fight with Sylar? I dont see what made her, who did she know to to make her think.. "hmmm.. I should help kick that guys ass" ? confused

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnderControlOrFailure

Though I cant any of tv links to work with Firefox, has anyone else had any luck?
I have to use IE to use the site frown

TV links = teh rubbish. Go with www.alluc.org smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Hmm.. looks promising.. though tvlinks does have "Aquila" ubblove

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
*bumps*

So what is everyone thinking about the new season?

Too many new people? Not enough?
No storyline yet?

What are your thoughts bout Sylar?

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
Until last night's episode, I was enjoying it mostly, but wondering where it was all going. I was pretty jazzed by the developments of last night though. I like how they continue to deepen/develop Claire's story and am intrigued by Bennett and Mohinder's plan and looking forward to finding out about the previous generation and their nefarious (apparently) machinations.

A few peeves though:

Hiro was my fave in the first season but now I'm kind of over him and wish he'd get out of 17th century Japan already.

Not too keen on Peter's whole amnesia thing but still remain hopeful that story will pay-off somehow. Is it just me or are those Irish accents really bad?

I wish Sylar had really been killed.

It's verging on too many new people...but I feel like pretty much all the new characters are justified by the story so far...with the exception maybe of Alejandro & Maya but there's still a possibility that plotline will pay-off somehow, especially now they've picked up their traveling companion... ubbangel

~ ani di franco

Mascotenthusiast
301 posts

Posted:
Ugh I am so disappointed with the new season. The real crunch moment came when the new flying kid lifted off with Clare. The blue-screen was just aweful, it looked like something out of an old-school superman.

This season lacks the unifying theme that the last season had, and in addition, the best bit about watching Heroes was always seeing people coming to terms with their powers, and seeing how the power affected them. The second season of course has unavoidably less of this and is the poorer for it.

By putting Hiro in Japan and Peter in Ireland Heroes season 2 has degenerated into a series of short-stories none of which has sufficient depth to hold my attention.

Hypocrite that I am I'm still checking Azureus every 5 minutes to see if I've got the next episode (4 hours to go). I'm a real sucker for superheroes, particularly any franchise with multiple heroes all of different abilities (X-Men is just wonderful).

Walls may have ears but they don't have eyes

Curly_SueSILVER Member
laughter is the way to get through life
179 posts

Posted:
Oh yea man Heros is the best thing on the box just now. I didn't watch it and then all my friends were telling me how good it was so I sat down one weekend and watached 9 episodes in a row now I am hooked and I think I am on about the 18th episode. devil

I fell down a hill once, got up then fell down it again.

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
Okay I really didn't see that coming! All this time I was wondering what the point of the whole 17th century Japan storyline with Hiro was and they tied it in in a really unexpected way. I was genuinely surprised when Adam walked in.

~ ani di franco

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Tv-links.co.uk is no more frown

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnderControlOrFailure

Tv-links.co.uk is no more frown

Oh man, no way!

I've noticed that its been down a whiles, but i tohught maybe they'd just had a server crash or something....

Is there any news as to why?

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
It was busted by Trading Standards or something.

One man arrested.

Penetrate your eyeballs with electrons

frown

However.. I actually came here to post:

Non-Https Image Link

+

Non-Https Image Link

+(?)

Non-Https Image Link

I am Talosian. I am blessed with a special power that enables me inflate my head to whatever size I so wish.

No it isnt useless!

I can be used as a bouyancy aid in times of peril in water.

It is my gift to the world.

DO NOT MOCK ME!

Edit- At the start of EP6 - that is NOT official irish "Do not cross" tape. It is standard American tape. Real Irish tape looks like this biggrin

and also Kahn - yes.. the accents are horrific.

Page: ...