Forums > Social Chat > Heroes -- the new show about superpowers *possible SPOILERS*

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
I've completely gotten obsessed with the new show Heroes, about ordinary people (like junkies and webcam strippers ubblol) who develop superpowers. It's kind of a cross between X-Men and Lost. There've only been three episodes but I'm hooked, hooked, hooked. Anyone else seen it and want to geek out? Has it even aired outside the States yet?
EDITED_BY: _khan_ (1162506395)

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
Skins ... nah. Tried it, thought it was like Hollyoaks crossed with Shameless .... odd that being that the writer/s of Shameless made it (Or so the advert said)

Jericho ? Oooo ... there's an idea .... biggrin

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I just looked at tv.com and it says episode 19 is due to be aired in december this year eek tell me that isn't right, it had yesterdays episode down as airing yesterday...

they can't leave us there....

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

346 posts

Posted:
I heard that it wasn't until April 23rd for over in the States ? I dunno - we have 5 channels nationally, I don't bother with satellite or cable or foreign schedules !

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Me neither generally, but last nights episode ended in quite an interesting place, explained what Hiro was talking about in an earlier episode.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

346 posts

Posted:
Rifts ?

Soooooo wanna know .... must. avoid. spoiler. webpages.

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
but all the commercials were very irritating

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
 Written by: fNi

but all the commercials were very irritating

I didn't mind the Spiderman ones. smile

I knew Nathan was going to take that deal! And really, it was too intriguing for him not to...

Also appreciated Claire meeting her grandma...lots of people have suspected she knew more than she said, but now that we know, it just raises more questions. I love that about this show, how answers just raise more questions.

The shapeshifter was cool but what a biatch! As soon as we saw what she could do I predicted that she was pretending to be who she was pretending to be. I felt that ruse was ended too abruptly, but we do have a cliffhanger there...actually, every one of the stories ended on a cliffhanger of some sort.

I still don't understand why Hiro felt he needed the sword to regain his power when he was using his power perfectly well without the sword for a long time.

And while I like Niki's relationship with Nathan and their chemistry and scenes together...how did she suddenly regain control after Jessica had taken over for so long?

I couldn't tell who was depicted in Isaac's painting...his unraveling kind of bums me out.

I also like how future Hiro's remark about Peter's scar is now (apparently) explained.

But seven weeks!! I don't know if I can stand it. eek ubbloco

~ ani di franco

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
is it only 7 weeks biggrin I thought it was 7 months woot bounce I don't get any commercials when I watch it wink I download it just before it screens in the U.S

the painting Isaac did was of himself I think, when Hiro went to the future the first time and went to Isaacs apartment,

I don't understand why hiro's powers went awry, hopefully they will explain it later,

the nikki and jessica thing, they showed nikki was reasserting earlier in the episode with the picture and DL, I think nikki is learning to control a little bit and asserting dominance when she NEEDS to, roll on season 1 part 2 biggrin

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
very odd if they stop there? it's past half way through a normal season, and it's not the time of year these things normally go through a break in the US either (holidays, superbowl etc).. so ??

as for epp 18 .. eek
EDITED_BY: Yakumo (1173310109)

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Pele - RE: "To keep the illusion of her death from the Erik Roberts-person who was out front. Until then he was believing, so we are lead to believe, that she was a mundane...which I am sure we will find out he knew all along or some such."

Claire was given to Mr Bennett as a long term "assignment". I think the inference was that she *would* be special but not necessarily how or when her power would surface. I think Eric Roberts (hooray for the sleaziest B-Telemovie actor ever!) knew she'd display powers sometime.

I think you're expecting a bit much from a 16 year old girl going through turmoil and Bennett (who's just had his family torn to pieces) to on the spur of the moment decide on the perfect way to 'sneak out the back door'. Plus we'd have missed the uber cool 'Claire burnt to a crisp and healing' bit.

Anyway, just my 2 cents on that. :-)

"I couldn't tell who was depicted in Isaac's painting...his unraveling kind of bums me out."

See that made me happy. A friend pointed out very early that they'd never let a junkie have a good power or be a successful 'Hero' on American mainstream telly. When he cleaned up I just rolled my eyes and thought 'that'd be right'.

I think the tortured junkie artist angle is fantastic. Makes for all kind of depth and issues for him as a character. The fact that Simone had just died is exactly the kind of thing to make him run back to the drugs. I thought it was (again) great writing. ;-)

And no mention from anyone re: Malcolm McDowell? A fantastic (and maybe misunderstood) villain. Fantastic.

Bring on the mutha@#$%ing show down! That will truly be awesome.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I agree with the Mr McDowell, however americans using an Englishman for a baddie is a little cliché, but at least they got a great actor, and avoided the typical italian mobster

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I just wish they didn't have Malcolm McDowell's name at the opening credits. It would've been fun to find out who was playing the elusive Mr Linderman when we see him...

Written by: _khan_

The shapeshifter was cool but what a biatch!

Not a shapeshifter, a visual illusionist (a la Mastermind/Jason Wyngarde from X-Men) tongue But yes a biatch!

What can I say? ubergeek biggrin

Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that the destruction of New York is gonna be the least of everyone's worries? Yes New York is destroyed but the fact that people are still rebuilding gives me hope. Then again it depends on who's doing the rebuilding...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

psycotic_furbyBRONZE Member
Hehe, you said 'Member'
105 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

...Yes New York is destroyed but the fact that people are still rebuilding gives me hope. Then again it depends on who's doing the rebuilding...

The Linderman group!

Or worse, Halliburton...!

Eww, Liza Minelli...

The communists gave my mother a job, teaching sculpture to limbless children.

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
"I just wish they didn't have Malcolm McDowell's name at the opening credits."

I actually kind of tune them out and don't pay attention. I had no idea it was going to be Malcolm McDowell. Also didn't know Sulu was going to show up either.

I suggest always avoiding reading them if possible ;-)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ubblol
someone suggested beforehand donald sutherland and when you first saw lindeman from the back he did look kinda similar ubblol (seperated at birth?)

pythonjoshmember
34 posts

Posted:

Not a shapeshifter, a visual illusionist (a la Mastermind/Jason Wyngarde from X-Men) tongue But yes a biatch!
What can I say? ubergeek biggrin

I was hoping somebody would else would get that!

Personally, I think it's F'ed up that they end the episode with the first duel between Sylar and Peter Petrelli. But we all know how that's gonna end up......Peter's gonna get Sylar's telekinesis and throw him across the room. There's no other way out of it. I'm glad Sylar had a more convincing predatory role, and I thought the tuning fork torture was awesome!!!!! The nuclear guy wasn't in this last episode either....

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Peter already has telekenesis, that's how he stopped the bullet on the roof before he flew away wink

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Just so you know, episode 19 will be broadcast on April 23rd...

I'm sure Peter WILL heal from his injuries. Hence the scar mentioned by Future Hiro. What I'm not sure is whether Sylar will take his primary power before he heals... The consequences of which... *shudder*

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I don't think he does... because of Isaac in episode 1 and the painting he did in episode 18, I'm pretty sure it was of himself after sylar gets to him (when sylar mentions going to see isaac mendez in new york)
if sylar had peters power there would be no need to kill, although he seems to enjoy it. he would drop off the grid and gain as many powers as possible just by visiting those with abilities.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
No one needs to kill, yes Sylar does enjoy killing but his primary goal is to take as many powers as possible so the killing for now is a necessity. If he gains Peter's power, then the killing will just be for fun, especially with many ways to do it at his disposal, I'm sure even HE will get bored of the cranium slicing schtick...

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
exactly, so I don't think he will get peters power because of isaacs picture, unless it is a picture that can be changed.
I'm starting to wonder if new york needs saving from the explosion or if it has to be done to save it from something else wink as none of isaacs painings have been changed so far...

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
'Save the Cheerleader, Save the World'
No offence to any NY residents but New York isn't exactly the world is it? wink

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't worry about saving it too much... have to be a big blast to get me here wink (sorry american types no offence meant)

pythonjoshmember
34 posts

Posted:

New Yorker's think New York is the world. Even a lot of american's don't really care for NY (raises hand).

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pythonjosh

New Yorker's think New York is the world. Even a lot of american's don't really care for NY (raises hand).

yeah, but that's because you're coast is jealous wink

I mean..who'd get upset if Boston went up? honestly..... ubbangel

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
I don't think Sylar will get Peter's power somehow.

As soon as Sylar started with the cutting I thought "so that's where the scar comes from!" Not a very interesting scar though...but I am psyched Peter got a haircut. ubblol

~ ani di franco

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pythonjosh

Raises both hands.

I live in NY STATE. You know, the rest of the area named NY that gets overlooked but highly taxed thanks to the city. Nope, not so big a fan and since it's 6 hours away by car, I wouldn't miss it a bit.

I think the fact that Sylar looks into peoples heads to see how their powers work is awesome and shouldn't change. I also don't think that he'll be able to kill Peter because Peter is not only "stronger" but also has Claire's healing.
And now I wonder if he will also have the sensitive hearing and the melting that Sylar picked up since. I'd like to see him melt Sylar. lol

I still want to know how George Takai plays into the "bad boss" realm.
Also, to whomever said that English bad guys and Italian mobsters are cliche in American movies/tv...you must not watch many American things then. No one is immune from villianization in Hollywood. shrug

I enjoyed seeing Ando really stick by his friend. I think I actually cheered outloud when I saw him in the security outfit. His logic was so...perfect.

I also like that we finally saw Nicki grow a set of balls. That was, well more than anything, a relief. I was growing ill from the "woah is me" angle.

I also am pleased with Mohinder. I was painfully disgusted with his actions, his seeming to not "catch on" to Sylar. I loved what he tried to do, that he tried against someone he knew to be so deadly. The tuning fork was just brilliantly, sadistically fun. That's my kinda thinking.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pele

I enjoyed seeing Ando really stick by his friend. I think I actually cheered outloud when I saw him in the security outfit. His logic was so...perfect.

Except it's a bit of a major leap to believe if the guards managed to recognise Hiro on sight that LINDERMAN's Security team would hire Ando since he would've been blacklisted along with Hiro.

Written by: Pele

I also am pleased with Mohinder. I was painfully disgusted with his actions, his seeming to not "catch on" to Sylar. I loved what he tried to do, that he tried against someone he knew to be so deadly. The tuning fork was just brilliantly, sadistically fun. That's my kinda thinking.

Yup, I'm hoping should Mohinder live that he gets more moments showcasing his ruthlessness that would be essential to his survival should he partake in the upcoming battle....

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the fact that Sylar was defeated by Chai Tea ubblove biggrin (however momentarily)

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
HA! my aunts husband (uncle in law?) plays "the haitian" in heroes!
see here: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1097515/

is it good? worth watching? i wont read abovethis post in case of spoilers (nasty things)

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
well, isn't your aunt the lucky one

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Page: ...