KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Right, I don't think I will talk about any upcoming events on HOP again! First Cafe Cairo and now Natural Order.

Saturday night, grooving away at Natural Order when the police and council demanded everyone leave the premises. There were many very, very sad faces as the party broke up. Until then, it had been a beautiful party, and looked to be a top night!

And so we ended up in Dogstar, with leery men, girls in high heels falling round the place and the place was jammed with the heat turned up full blast. We had a good time but...

So infuriating that a bunch of people getting together to have a good time are so victimized. The people there were no more off their heads than those you will find in your mainstream club pumping 80's remixes(or so I have been told!)

The next party may not be going ahead now, and if so not at the same venue which is a shame, as it was a lovely venue. Can't imagine party was shut down due to noise as few houses around arehouse was surrounded by train lines.

Sorry for the rant, but it makes me very

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Kat.. my sister - I feel your pain.. it is such a bitch sometimes.. boo to the criminal justice act and noise abaitment laws.. It hapeens so many times.. our summer party zone on the ridgeway has had cctv camera put up coz lots of others sound systems came up and trashed the area whilst my 'family' were having a rest.. can't even fart up there with out the police knowing..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I too know your pain. Most of the free parties round here happen in the summer but there was one on over Christmas. They rented a warehouse down in the docklands and put loads of effort into promoting it and the place looked beautifull. 2 or 3 hours into it they came in with a fire officer and closed it down.

That's the first one that's been stopped though most of the parties are on beaches and such on the outskirts of the city. The police tend to leave them run their course, hopping that this wasn't the start of a new policy...

Don't lose the faith....

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
It's hard not to lose the faith though DSS. Cafe Cairo has been shut down which was a lovely place for like minded people to get together and enjoy a quiet relaxing atmosphere. The Greenleaf also shut meaning that the dealers from the streets are now taking their business and those who want to buy something are made to feel 'criminal' once again. This weekend natural order shut down! I don't enjoy superclubs heaving with sweaty bodies so I don't go! I also can't afford to go out clubbing every week so I was very bummed!

Sigh!!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
for you Kat..

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Thanks Mistix honey right back at you! Luckily for me, I was in flying form Sat night so I still had a good night but it is disappointing when you are looking forward to something and it does not work out!

- W B Yeats

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
eer.
Kat. It was shout down for noise.
Venue doesn't have any sound proofing wall in yet, or a second stiarcase for fire safety plus the organiser doesn't seem to know who the right people to bribe are.

But the shit is that 8 of us know this cos we were standing on the doorstep when it happened.
Jonny, coleman, steve, fairy kat christopher, me and 2 more.

And we had car spaces that could have taken you off to sqwat party. or back to big chill out, (how big? theres 11 of us still going).

Fuck arse tit bum poo wee wee hairy front bottoms.

Ok other than starting to believe that kat doesn't really exist, I think we need to use to power of telephones and do arranging and planning of things.

Hugs
Drew

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
...and I completely agree with you, I hate sweaty thieving clubs with horrible people that kick you out into the cold as your beginning to have fun. I don't know how regular this Natural Order of which you speak is or how often it gets shut down but I think it's important for the organisers and everyone who loves it to keep on keeping on. The last warehouse down the docks was closed down but there's another on real soon. If at all possible and reasonable people should try not to give in, even though they hold all the cards. Things like this never die as long as people don't want it too....

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Drew, how typical! My fault, should have called Coleman when I got his message. Tia and I were in the small room just inside the door when the plug was pulled on the music. All we heard was party had been shut down by police and council so we thought excuse might have been due to a noise violation! However also thought it was extremely anal of them to close the party down! I was blaming the guys with the allniight store near the party who looked pretty fed up!

- W B Yeats

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I think they may have been grumpy for just having to work all nite??

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I think you may be right Misstix!

- W B Yeats

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted: