Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Down the Rabbit Hole 2: Digging Deeper

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
So it seems there might be a few spinners heading to asia this winter with spinning on their minds. I just wanted to see who else is heading over, what their plans are while they're over there.

My tickets are booked! I'm arriving in bangkok 16th november, and returning to ireland 3rd February

I've heard from a lot of spinners of a park in bangkok where people meet up every day to play. Thanks to Banshee Cat for the following info:

Written by:

It is the Pra Atit boat stop, and the park is called Pra Sumen. I would reccommend staying closish by at the guesthouses on Sri Ayyutaya rd-- Tavees Guesthouse, or Sri Ayyutaya's, or Shantis, all very close together down that road. Nice community... May Kai Dees is a great restaurant for veggie food along near that strip-two locations, one on samsen, and one off the end of Kho San rd and across the st.... Probably more specific address in the guide books...

Nick (poi celebrity number 1 wink) is planning on a poi camp in Pai, northern Thailand, where spinipulation enthusiasts can meet up and play, practice, etc (see his post below). I definately plan on spending some time up there with him during my adventure. Probably stop number one after bangkok... ubbrollsmile

Leave your winter behind, come find some winter summer!

COME SEE HOW FAR THE RABBIT HOLE GOES!

sunny

grouphug

weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley

meditate

ubbrollsmile

Ronan

EDITED_BY: Ronopotamus (1162506759)

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
hey, are you still in Bristol? any chance there is anywhere in the vicinity where you can buy a few sets of fire fans like the beautiful and talented Clares for me and bring them out?( Pay ya back, obviously! ) I am having trouble finding something similar for the circus, and dont have what I need to make them...
just an idea, pm and let me know if any possibilities arise!
tx
a

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Sweet - even more looking forward to hanging out with ya then!!

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Andrea, would be happy to send you fans from India (not sure about wick tho) they are not collapsible, but I'd donate them for your project.

Jan is toooo early for me. You're competing with my gathering project in Feb (Goa) umm but for them little buggers... I don't mind... but it means I can't attend as I am coming earliest in mid Feb ubbcrying

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Firetom I will gratefully accept any and all firetoy donations! Non collapsible are okay, as long as not too heavy... Not sure how to get my hands on safe wick, maybe we will raise enough this month at the cafe to buy some. But other needs of the refugees seem more important at the moment, so I try to do that bit without money if I can...

Sorry to compete with time frames, I am trying for january as it is when most performers are in the vicinity already, so no one makes a special trip. But firm dates are not possible yet, for the reasons listed in social chat under Burma/myanmar...

Thanks for you help! my address is on the webpage for the cafe...

big smiles and hugs...

but firenix, still looking for some collapsible if possible!

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Collasible whats darlin?

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
oh, a post got missed somewhere... I was asking if you were in Bristol or general UK regioin, if there was anyone selling collapsible fire fans like Calares, if you would be able to get me a few pairs for the circus, and I will pay you back... then fire tom( thanks Tom! Youre a sweetheart!) kindly offered to donate some fans, but not collapsible kind, wich I am still on the hunt for...

Speaking of collapsible thing, I also need a big long peice of elestic bungee rope, to fix collapsible travel hoop. The elastic on the inside broke...

On a separate note, anyone in Thailand looking for performance opportunities? I am being asked to perform all the time, which is not my thing. They can have gigs every single weekend if you want them. I get paid around 5000 baht, and accomodation, sometimes food and transport from the island I live. It is not much in the big world, but for those living cheap in thailnad it is good! They are interested in group and pair shows, bigger things too...I have two, bo three agents looking for talented performers for corporate and resort events etc....

So, if you want to be here and perform with me, get in touch!
smiles from the land of smiles
andrea

ZaoSILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
wow...
Cool projects Tom and Andrea, I can add some MK47 exercices into that and help as well..;o)

By the way Nick, are you gonna head to Bali before christmas? I Would pass by to give you a star and a hug if I make it to Sumatra

love
MK

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
oh, mk my darling, come, come! I would so love to have you here too, and you would love the project! Please please please!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
hug

Hello all...

I'd love to come out and be involved... but there's no way I can afford it this year frown

As for the fans, I'm afraid I can't help there either...

I made those fans based on a design given to me by a friend, and I'm not sure I could really pass it on to be produced in numbers... she actually asked me not to pass it on at all...

But, while they look lovely... those collapsible fans are lots of work to make, surprisingly expensive for parts, and are also quite fragile... not so good for lots of travelling about.

Sorrys frown

Hmmm... There's bound to be good, sellable collapsible fans around somewhere...
The ones Chimera use in their fire show are grand... they still look great, and you can do the cool finger spinning thing with them smile

PMs on way to you and Tom smile
x

Getting to the other side smile

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
Andrea darling I think I can make it! Look for a PM.

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
clare, do you know who sells the ones Chimera use?

Thanks so much for the info hun! I wish you could be here, if I can manifest some magic, maybe we can swing it somehow... you just never know!

Yay Khan! Pmming you...

love
a

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Would be lovely...

I need a teleporter smile

I think the Chimera ones are the small HoP ones... hmmm. I think.

I'll keep looking smile

Take care
x

Getting to the other side smile

Page: ...