Forums > Social Discussion > Animal abuse and the disturbingly insufficient consequences

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
BlayzeSILVER Member
Doesn't play well with others...
187 posts

Posted:
Alright, I did a search and nothing came up, which I though was strange, but anyways...
Last weekend in a town just north of my city there was a horrible case of animal abuse that ended with the animal having to be euthinized. Here is the link to the story Warning: this is quite disturbing
The torture that this animal suffered was more extensive than what is in this article, but I do not want to go into detail because it makes me sick to my stomach and brings tears to my eyes.
I am disgusted that these two teenage boys will likely get either a $2000 fine, or 6 months in jail (possibly both). The maximum fine for animal cruelty is $20,000. Does this seem fair?
What is fair? A man in the same town has recently been arrested for threatening to do to these boys what they did to this dog. Would that be fair?
Thought and opinions please...

...I could also use a hug!

I smile because I have no idea what is going on...

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
.... um.... but what exactly is being celebrated?

*still scratching head* confused confused confused

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
The failure of a Catholic plot to blow up the houses of parliment.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
well, there was a bloke a couple of hundred years ago, i think, who plotted to blow up the houses of parlaiment, with the leader of the country inside, using gunpowder. They were found out very near to the time of explosion and the destruction was stopped, so we have a celebration every year.

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
.... *musing on this* .....question.... pardon my ignorance.... why were the Catholics trying to blow up Parliment? redface

I'll be honest, my American pseudo-public schooling, the UK was kind of... well... ignored. Even the involvement in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, and the World Wars was really glossed over, to say the least. I think the most I learned about anything from the area came during World Mythology, Literature, and History of Graphic Design.... none of which give any clue as per the history of the UK.

.... and I love your signature, Jake!

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
They were trying to blow up the parliment because the Protestant gorvernment were oppressing Catholics at the time.

It sound like quite a sectarian celebration, but in modern times it's actually quite good natured.

Edit: here's a detailed account
EDITED_BY: jeff(fake) (1161442618)

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

BlayzeSILVER Member
187 posts

Posted:
Thank you all for your support and opinions (and especially for the hugs!).
fyrespirit - hug So sorry to hear that you had to put your dog down! I know how hard that can be!
meeko - hug That's an aweful thing for someone to do to an animal (or anything really). I admire what you did for that cat!
For those of you who feel strongly about this, I would encourage you to sign this online petition. https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/231802504
I know that online petitions are not the most effective way to be heard, but it can't hurt.
Any support is appreciated!
Tiffany

BlayzeSILVER Member
187 posts

Posted:
*Update*
One of the guys that abused this dog went to court yesterday. Him and his lawyer claimed that it was an attempted mercy killing. They claim that he accidentally ran over the dog, and so to try to 'put it out of it's misery' he decided to beat it with a shovel, duct tape a bag over it's head and drag it behind his vehicle. angry
And his consequences...
3 months house arrest, 2 years probation, and 240 hours of community service. NO jail time, NO fines.

mad2 this makes me sick!
The other person involved is pleading not-guilty and has not had a court appearance yet...

CAWGChild Animal Welfare Group
2 posts

Posted:
Hi This Is CAWG Child Animal Welfare Group In UK Farnborough www.CAWG.piczo.com check it out and i am not sure what has happend to the name

CAWG@live.co.uk
Animal Cruelty Helpline: 07772092255 (24hr Emergencys only)
General Helpline: 07507249044 (Non-Emergencys)
httl://CAWG.piczo.com

CAWGChild Animal Welfare Group
2 posts

Posted:
CAWG Farnborough

CAWG@live.co.uk
Animal Cruelty Helpline: 07772092255 (24hr Emergencys only)
General Helpline: 07507249044 (Non-Emergencys)
httl://CAWG.piczo.com

railspinnerjourneyman
99 posts

Posted:
I beat the snot out of someone once for beating their dog, and they ended up thanking me for it and giving their dog to someone who could look after it properly.

I don't think the same should be done here, but they should atleast be sent to prison, and put in with a bunch of gang bangers with no protective custody.

The less people know the more they believe

Page: