Posted:
I don't get it confused

HOP points Gallery size Additional Shop discount
50 150Kb
500 250Kb +1%
1000 500Kb +3%
5000 2.5Mb +12%
continued... continued... continued...

Now I have a good 17500 points or so, and was wondering a couple of things. It says a 15% discount (in my homepage)

Now I was thinking,
1% at 500
3% at 1000
12% at 5000
by the maths we have taken at university, shouldnt there be another discount bracket somewhere around 10-20,000?? ubbidea

The main reason I am asking all of this is because I saw an ad that stated you could save up to 30% on google (type it in and watch the right ad panel). So how do I go about earning this godly percentage? Is there actually a number, or do I have to do other things to reach this goal???

Jimmy

a) Those who can, Do It.
b) Those who know, Post It.
c) Those who can't, Read It.
d) Those with ego's, Argue It.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I think..
that the Save 30% is "save 30% in comparision to other fire poi retailers"

biggrin

I ubblove Malcolm

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
 Written by:

do I have to do other things to reach this goal???

You don't wanna know... wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

James_HillyerGOLD Member
16 posts

Posted:
hahaha I am willing to be a prison b****

And yeah that's cool if its compared to other stores, I was just checking.

a) Those who can, Do It.
b) Those who know, Post It.
c) Those who can't, Read It.
d) Those with ego's, Argue It.

ShawnieGOLD Member
Captain Shawnie the Dreaded
126 posts

Posted:
I was just wondering this too.

Does anybody knowhow the scale works for:
amount of HoP points = % of discount?

My best poi buddy has 12500 HoP pts. It is confusing how
1000=3%
5000=12%
and his 12500=15%

there is a difference of 4000 pts between the first two and a difference of 9% but between 5000 and 12500, there is a difference of 7500 Hop points but only a difference of 3%.

Or is it random? Is there some kind of formula? Anybody know how it works?

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Write direct to Malcolm/Geoerge and I have no doubt they will tell you. There's a contact us link on the banner at the top...

My guess is that you get a bigger gallery in more strict proportion cos that's an almost cost free thing to give away. But as a business, it would be more effective to give a bigger discount to encourage involvment and loyalty in new people... the early points as it were. After that you can get hooked anyway wink

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
 Written by: UnbearablyColdOrFreezing

I think.. that the Save 30% is "save 30% in comparision to other fire poi retailers"
I ubblove Malcolm

ubblol
We know your "easy" Mr UCOF!! cool
But actually, that's not what we mean.
And I'm not sure where the 30% reference has come from as that's not our Google ad??? But anyway, it is possible to attain 30% and even more - but these are abnormal situations. These are situations where an item is subject to a special reduction and then your HoP points reduction is added on top.
Straight HoP point savings top out around 20% I think from my recollection of Malcolm telling me one day.
If you've built up to that kind of level, chances are you could qualify for the wholesale program anyway.

For gallery space, the logic (well for me anyway) is that if you can fill up that much space with good quality items and still wanted to post more, we'd probably give you more space or make other arrangements anyway 'cos we'd know about that. Gallery space is really to give people somewhere quick and easy to showcase some fo their stuff but with You-tube and all these other places around these days, we didn't think it would be too much trouble for people.

Just a quick note really to give you some of the thoughts on HoP points.
By the way - don't forget the referral dollars program also. Some HoPpers are pulling in some useful "pocket money" using this - potentially better for you than HoP points.

George

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
[Quote]Straight HoP point savings top out around 20%[/Quote]
Tasty, any word at what points level this kicks in at?

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
not sure exactly when it kicks in but i know you can earn a 15% flat discount plus an additional 5% on referrals if you have over 110,000 HOP points biggrin

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

georgemcBRONZE Member
2,387 posts

Posted:
anyone can earn 5% or 20% on referrals - you get 5% or 20% of the first time order value as referral dollars. Encourage someone who doesn't already buy from HoP to make a huge order and use your referral code, and you'll receive the afore-mentioned % credited to your account.
https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/hop_points.php

George

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

ShawnieGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
George, your responses and participation in this thread are apprecitated, but we still don't have the answer to the question.How do HoP points work in relation to discount? (and gallery space) Table? Math formula?

A buddy of mine has 12000 points and a 15% discount.
Thunder has 17500 points and a 15% discount.
Pounce has over 110000 points and a 15% discount.

Between the first one and the last one, that's a difference of almost 100000 points. (98000) That's crazy!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
We ...um.. do have the answer..

Written by: [url=https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/hop_points.php

ShawnieGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
UCOF, George just said that folks could get up to 20%.
I just think that it is info that should be public, so that all 50000+ members and goodness knows HOW many guests know that info strait up. Even the mathematically challenged ones...:D

ps: I know who Malcolm is. I have been around for a few years eh? beerchug

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
(Many apologies, I didnt actually recognize your name redface, I think new people to the site with the same question might not know who Malcom is though beerchug)

Written by: GeorgeMC

Straight HoP point savings top out around 20% I think from my recollection of Malcolm telling me one day.

George, Malcolm, whaasgoinon? confused

ShawnieGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
Heh. No worries bout the name. I'm actually thinking about changing it soon. Too many people thinking that I'm a man looking to rant about nothing. Truth is, I'm a transient female. Nobody really seems to get it though. shrug

I just think that customers would find it useful to know how the numbers work beyond 15% smile

georgemcBRONZE Member
2,387 posts

Posted:
I don't think there's a formula as such, more some "levels" that Malcolm picked and put into the code. I may be wrong about the 20% also. Actually I think I must be wrong because I gave myself a million points and the shop tells me I get a 15% discount and 20Mb space in the gallery. So I withdraw the bit about 20% discount from HoP points. Forget i ever said it! redface

Beyond 15% is wholesale territory, and buying in volume.

Sorry for putting everyone wrong back there.

George

grin

ShawnieGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
That's cool.

Thank you George!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
cheep cheep hop prices changes the economics of taking up twirly arts.
i heart u oh ateroan spinny folks!!!!!!!!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

SaintMAYHEMSILVER Member
The Walking DEAD
6 posts

Posted:
Hi
I Read the whole Thread and I'm interested in how i Know we can Give a 5% - 20% Referral Discount and earning 20$ off what they Bought on there Purchase
the 20% not sharing the 5% discount at all

But i have come across Promotion codes that Give me a 15% discount and interested how that works and dose it add 15% Referral cash to to the Person that Owns the code of what i have Bought on BoP???

Sorry if I'm Just wasting everyone's Time I am New to HoP

When you Live when you should Be Dead
you appreciated Life and Love It
But Don't Mess With a Man that has Been To Hell and Back

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
quick explanation:

if i have a 15% i can choose to share it with others, and get 5% comission, or i can choose not to and get 20% comission.

if someone uses my referral code that gives him the discount he'll have the discount as long as he uses the code to order.
he should gain his own HOP points which means he'll get his own smaller discount too.

SuchGOLD Member
Rancor
253 posts

Posted:
I think it is more of a business stance. They don't have to give you any discount, and if they created more brackets they would be losing money. No matter how nice the folks at HoP are, it's still a business, and they don't make a profit if they hand out 30% discounts all day. You may have your math figured out, but your economics I fear is a bit fuzzy.

Human

SaintMAYHEMSILVER Member
The Walking DEAD
6 posts

Posted:
ahh I See
Thanks For the Info

But if i use the Code will i Be Able to Collect Hop Points as well or will i only get the Discount

When you Live when you should Be Dead
you appreciated Life and Love It
But Don't Mess With a Man that has Been To Hell and Back