Forums > Social Chat > Performers Without Borders

Login/Join to Participate

ickleMattenthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Dear lovely member of the wonderful community of performing artists, we are excited to announce the launch of the Performers Without Borders (PWB) website. What you’ll find there is merely the beginning of a project that will bring, through the rich medium of the internet, an incredible story where a team of dedicated volunteers will make a direct difference to the vulnerable and disadvantaged children of India and the UK. Please go and have a look and let us know what you think.

Of course you could make this an interactive experience by becoming one of those volunteers and join our traveling show. Driving a double decker bus chocked full with a wide range of talents, skills, experiences and props, PWB will visit predetermined disadvantaged communities in India to make a real difference to the lives and communities of children. It will certainly be the experience of a life time.

If you are interested in any aspect of the project please do email as at info@performerswithoutborders.org.uk

love

Matt (ickleMatt) & Jonny (Moohaahaa)

https://www.performerswithoutborders.org.uk/

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I think this is a fabulous idea. I hope it all works out. I'm not sure what help I can be but, if you have specific things needing to be done, maybe you could list those things here and people can pick out what they think they can do to aid you with to make this a success.

Good Luck!

P.S. I tried printing out your flier back to back so it would come out as one leaflet, but the "who are we?" section is too far over to the right and ended up being bent in half when the leaflet is folded in thirds. ok I fixed it by reseting my boarders on my printer. Sorry about that biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
I just want to say that you guys ROCK!! That is a fantastic thing that you all are doing. And i'm sure that it will be a booming success. Congratulations and Good luck to you and all those who get involved in it!! clap clap clap

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Indeed you rock and if I am going India next year again, you can certainly count me in volunteering. hug Good luck and success!!!

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
brilliant idea! have sent you an email.

E ubbrollsmile

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Matt & Jonny

bounce bounce

Excellent news about the funding! Nice one guys biggrin

hug hug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

rin_666SILVER Member
enthusiast
223 posts

Posted:
ooooooh I wanna come pick me pick me!!! :P I'm awful at the moment but I can run around and do stuff biggrin

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Well done Matt... hope it works out splendidly....

Take care
hug2

Getting to the other side smile

MoohaahaaBRONZE Member
enthusiast
382 posts

Posted:
Thanks for all the positive responses everyone smile

For those of you that havn't checked it out yet, go over to

www.performerswithoutborders.org.uk

and have a look at our lovely new website

Some things you have to see to believe, but
Some things you have to believe in to see.

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
this really does need a big *bump* wink

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

ickleMattenthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Hey folks. The application process for joining us on the India'07 project is now open!

Please check out the brand new Performers Without Borders website and click on 'get involved' for more information.

Note: the deadline is the 21st April

ickleMattenthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
It has been brought to my attention that there is a mistake in the email address on the application form.
The email address should read: performerswithoutborders@gmail.com
Or email my personal address: mattmorris@juggler.net
Sorry if you have had any problems. Any delayed applications will be accepted.

Thanks for your patience.
Hugs

Matt

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
damn wish i had seen this sooner as its my gap year this year so if you have anything else like this coming up could you please pm me or somthing to let me know because i am well up for it

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

ickleMattenthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
In September 2007 the Performers Without Borders team will travel overland to India to work with disadvantaged children, giving them an extraordinary opportunity to learn a wide range of circus and performance skills. The children we work with will have the chance to develop communication and team working, improved awareness and coordination and most importantly the confidence and self esteem to enjoy life. All too often in India's larger cities these ideas are dwarfed by extreme poverty and poor health which deprive children of education and creative outlets. With your support we can give more young people from deprived backgrounds the opportunity to create, to perform and to learn. Supporting Performers Without Borders is easy and we keep you updated on our progress through the journey and the development of the young people we teach.

Please check out support pwb for more information.

Many thanks, and hope to see you in a field somewhere sometime soon.

Smiles

Matt

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Hey Matt, on yar way already? Looking forward meeting you in India. Best of luck and success, may the roads be paved and the sun shining.

hug

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

ickleMattenthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Just to let you know that a video of the Performers Without Borders project at Karm Marg has been posted on the PWB website: https://www.performerswithoutborders.org.uk/

WooktasticBRONZE Member
the kicker of elves
371 posts

Posted:
Hmmmmm, India? I don't know if I can go, but we can certainly send a member of our group if anybody volunteers. I think I know just the person, I'll be back,

Darts off into the night . . . despite the sunlight

Man is no more than a conduit for excrement to pass through.- daVinci

Jointly owned by BurdA and Tinypixie

Wielder of the voice of Patrick Stewart

ickleMattenthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Dear Homeofpoiers,

We have now completed the plan for the PWB India 2009 project and written the application pack. Now we are looking for people to make up the team to teach and perform across India.

See the website for more details and how to apply:

Closing date: 24 January

Feel free to forward this information to anyone who might be interested.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a fun festive season,

Matt
----------------------
Chair
Performers Without Borders
performerswithoutborders@gmail.com
UK charity no.: 1121236

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Hey, have you guys gotten in touch yet with either Burners Without Burners or Doctors Without Borders?

I know from discussions with a few of you in London that the idea of even approaching Doctors Without Borders is a bit intimidating, but the worst they can do is be arseholes and tell you to go away.

Alternatively, they might be able to pool some resources with you or provide you with some good contacts in countries that they serve.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

ickleMattenthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Doc Lightning,
I love the idea of teaming up with doctors without borders to visit some refugee camps, entertainment and health service has a longer history than patch adams. But as far as PWB projects we have more than enough requests for collaboration, funding and finding the time to organise it all are the difficulties. We are however looking at running another shorter project in Central Asia or East Africa some time during 2009.

ickleMattenthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Call for performers and teachers: PWB India’12 tour

Here it is, this is the time, this is your chance to run away with the circus.
Not only that, but to work and play with fantastic children in a creative and supported environment.
And, your opportunity to explore a wonderful country with a team of talented performers.
Plus, the perfect way to improve your teaching and facilitation skills.
Not to mention, gaining experience in performing and teaching.
Oh, oh and, participating in the adventure of a lifetime.

Performers Without Borders are seeking volunteers to participate in the forthcoming tour of India.

We are looking for: adventurous, talented performers and inspiring, experienced teachers.

You can get a good idea of what a PWB tour entails by watching our videos: blip.tv/pwb

Find out more

ickleMattenthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Just to remind you that applications for the PWB'12 tour are still open and the deadline is the 1st September.

Matt