AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
after reading the recent post about fiytness i thuoght about this... the problem i have is that i use rather heavy poi (most likely cos they are homemade) but they weigh in at around 400 grammes each. 200 for chain and 200 for the head. while spinning fast, if something goes wrong then i often end up pulling my shoulder out of its socket and am in pain for about four days after. oh you can get some reather nice bruises from them as well. (oh the joys of poi) anyway, please someone help (as i cannot be bothered to change the poi) what do you suggect to do to increese my shoulder resistance? i also play volleyball, this helps with the shoulders but isnt enough... any ideas?on the injury side of things for the men who have sore balls after swinging then i advise a cup or box as it has vastly improved my life after poi (i can walk standing straight) even after being hit (well i dont reall have a box(balls a steel)... but yeahenjoy - Angus

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Swimming...over short distances, really fast...ie freestyle stroke...I reckon that will build muscle strength and bulk through a wide range of movement in your shoulders especially, it will also do wonders for the rest of your fitness smileJosh

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
LOL, who irons swimming trunks!!!!hehehehehe

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
My ex-boyfriends mother used to lovingly iron his underpants for him! I am an ironing slob, and I iron as little as I have to and think people who iron underwear and socks are a little strange.------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
My next door neighbour has had my iron for over 6 months now, shows how much use it gets in my house!

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -