Page: ...
tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
I thought i would start a thread for people interested in fire staff juggling,i am really interested to see any videos of people throwing two or more staffs,and in particular anyone taking it in new direction.
I am currently working on routines with two and three staffs and contemplating a serious attempt at the four staff shower,

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
bites fingernails.............

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
and what after fingernails?
i'm close to bite my elbow:)

--Late biosas---
tired to watch videos,let's go juggling in the street.

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
toenails

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
Hi guys I almost collected every footage, with a usable format ubbloco now I'm working on the edition so it won't take too long. ubbrollsmile don't expect anything before the end of March though, and don't eat anything more of your body unless you do it as a trik, prepare for the next internationnal video theme : contact staff with eating body parts contortion ubblol

>> all is full of love <<

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
i would really thanx ima for the time spent in that project!:)

--Late biosas---

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
this quotes from staffgoal dicussion today...

Hi tim, good to hear from you

71 should be sidewap for 4 staff shower...

basiclly we agree wink your throwing shoulder is starting to complain, i guess your catching hand/wrist will soon also... you give a lot of pressure on different parts of your body and don´t train it symetrical (i guess you guys don´t train everythig in both directions?)

that means you censored your body up in a couble of years, even it is much more exausting to throw shower (71) than fountains (4444)= less hight, less effort, less pain if you catch it with your head, and symmetrical training for your body...

by the way: do you do some training/bodytreatment to give your body back what 4 staffs takes away? wink massage!

and yeah give me some time to work on the backcross idea, and next step...i don´t know i don´t do much staff juggling, 90% fishtailes ubblove

and censored alberts +... a real pain in the ass (yes i tried with tassilo;)

to darimoth

4444 it´s minute 6:07 or something, there you have fountain...

Written by: darimoth

What about shower3?i still have difficoulties in the"1"(siteswap 51 51)because as i grab it,cannot hold it and turn in the right way confused

do you suggest 3 staff shower in backcrosses? if so, what is the problem? the pattern works the same. just with the body inbetween instead of in the backside of the pattern...;) this doesn´t mean that i can play it rolleyes but josh does a half shower in that way...

for backcross ...again, shower is unsymetric and very stressfull, just one typ of throwing (less space for variations & correction than within other patterns)

i go for mills mess behind the back in the moment...wait for imas/anttis video (hug) might give you an basic idea what i mean...
EDITED_BY: bastl (1173969252)

_told the fishfable to wes peden
_heard gloria gaynors "i will survive" 3 times live allready....in the same 20 min performance!

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
https://www.wgi.org/multimedia/flashplaye...shi&time=80

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
bastl,thanks for the advise,i have a phyiso keeping an eye on my shoulder and have dramatically changed the way i train,some of my juggling is symetrical but as i am a huge fan of the shower pattern i will always perform it in my routine,however i know i will never reach a high level of cleanliness on fourwithout destroying my shoulder(not an option),
this is no bad thing the numbers part of my show is only a short section,and i have started work on a new style of one and two staff juggling which is a lot kinder on my body,
biggrinits wicked having other staffs jugglers to chat with and cant wait for the video

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
nice vid,

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
heyo tim
cool it´s really important to look after your body, even thou i am not the perfect example for that direction frown but it´s much harder to cause major damage with fishtailes than with 3 staff biggrin

but don´t get me wrong, shower and asymetric patterns are wicked, and look awesome..but i belive that there is much more possibilites in symetrical throws...either way, shower in both direction would be nice, than you could turn under it contiously ubblol

Written by: tim_marston

i have started work on a new style of one and two staff juggling which is a lot kinder on my body,

sounds interesting..any more detailed explanation?
u are at uberparis or?

_heard gloria gaynors "i will survive" 3 times live allready....in the same 20 min performance!

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
I do totally agree w/ seb on the symmetrical patterns, better for combos and better for your body
I just started working on 4 staffs fountain .. only 3 catches so far, but the throwing is getting tight
I don't like 4 staff shower .. find it pointless, fountain looks so much better
As I've always been working both my left & right hand ..
I manage to drill left-hand shower to right-hand shower .. looks/feels awesome
So I'll do my best to be able to turn w/ it for uberparis wink

and everybody should take a lot of care on warming up before 3/4 staffs juggling ... for me it's a neck killer !!
never had that much problem with my neck since I started juggling 3 staffs
btw> 4 staff throwing over concrete floor is also a killer ... for the staffs .. looking fwd to qualifying the fountain, so that I buy new ones

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
kewl vid Rob btw,
unfortunately it zooms out when the guy start doing nice stuff

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
well,symmerical pattern is the new goal for 2007;)
i've always tryed it by instinct,so that mean NO left arm ,it just "catch" and maybe that0s the problem for a lot of mistakes even in twirling,and also in FIRED staff.

mumble mumble.

wowo the wig videos is very inspirating!
Olive i've never thank you to had explained me the crosses at paris convention so-->thnx a lot:)

About the 3:any variation?

--Late biosas---

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:

Olive i've never thank you to had explained me the crosses at paris convention so-->thnx a lot:)

rolleyes so we've met already confused biggrin I was looking fwd to meeting a new Italian staff juggler
he he .. dunno what I've been doin' with my brain ubbloco
"you're welcome" for the cross teaching, you'll get the whole course when you'll come to uberparis ubbrollsmile

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
"I don't like 4 staff shower .. find it pointless, fountain looks so much better" confused
olive you are mental and need serious professional help!?!?!?!? wink ubbrollsmile wink
the staff shower created by antti is my favourite pattern by far,to me it make perfect sense as a peice of FIREstaff juggling,it has also gone down well everytime ive performed it which means a lot in my eyes

bastl,i have tried reversing the shower but it breaks my heart because it is such as head wrecker,to reverse the pattern would be stunning but for me impoossible.

as for the new stuff,its throws and catches with my feet in a similar style to (although a much lower level)some of my favourite club jugglers,inside and outside catches,flick-ups,and a few two staff variations,i have set my trousers on fire and my shins are bruised but its good for my shoulder and should be a good crowd pleaser,
i will post a vid on here asap

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Olive

rolleyes so we've met already confused biggrin I was looking fwd to meeting a new Italian staff juggler
he he .. dunno what I've been doin' with my brain ubbloco
"you're welcome" for the cross teaching, you'll get the whole course when you'll come to uberparis ubbrollsmile

yep!
you were training the outside cascade(hope the name is correct) and then i bored you with the question:"can you teach me how to.." hug
i want it all! cool
i would try the 2 crosses "simple"and then--->4shower or perheps 4444 ti hink it can work!

Tim i'm trying the same,catch with feet
now i can do just a feet throw to get from 2 shower staff to 3 shower but the catch itself ..hard!
Mstly(in my opinion) depends on:
-the staff(bamboo can be too elastic)
-the point you AIM to before catching.

Anyway i think that feet trhow and cach are more for street performance,shows and such events ubbloco

--Late biosas---

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
wow,nice stuff in your poket,isn't it?:)
these are such rare video,and amazing also!

Anyway i guess that all the contro you can have woth clubs can be hard to get with staff,and also i'm not sure that can have the same"impact"to the sight but surely want try more feet catch!

I ve seen sebastian(fenfire)doing a lot qith feet..maybe he knows more about that:.
ok time to celebrate and get drunk,ciao!
smile

--Late biosas---

IrinusBRONZE Member
enthusiast
222 posts

Posted:
Hi guys, I think this is in the right thread but pls forgive me if I'm wrong:

I want to go to the EJC this year in Athens but whether I go or not pretty much depends on how many staff jugglers are going / thinking of going so....

Hands up for the EJC 2007?

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
i go for sure:)
but probably you're looking forward for more skilled people!
By the way,who's coming to athen?

--Late biosas---

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
fenfire might go to ejc, nothing decided yet,

but we gonna be at play and uberparis

to irinus:

have we meet in london, @ spitz, brixtion or molesey? if yes, help me a bit to remember rolleyes ..cheers

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
dunno if I'll be around yet .. I'll let you know soonish
but it's gonna be a hassle to juggle staff w/ 40/45°C .. I mean I tried it in portugal & italy and it was quasi impossible during daytime, so I hope they have good lighting indoor

IrinusBRONZE Member
enthusiast
222 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, Play / Paris are looking like more promising prospects at the moment (btw, the indoor hall IS air conditioned very nicely, saw a match there during the 2004 olympics smile Outside though, you have no chance).

Seb, we met at spitz and in Regent's Park. I'm Tommy (long black hair), you helped me out with my double fishtails (which are now down, working on variations) and I've known Dave for about 2ish years through his friend Liz.

Hope that helps biggrin

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
hey tommy
hmm yes i have kind of face in my head now wink but david was happily surprised and sends greetings

so guess we meet again at uber..
which kind of dual fishies are u working on?
are you at THE VID? wink

and isn´t EJC straigt after play?

IrinusBRONZE Member
enthusiast
222 posts

Posted:
Hi,

I haven't registered for uber frown I don't know if it's too late already but it's still a possibility.

I'm just starting to get to grips with adding inverted and single propellors to my dual fishies.

I don't have a camera so I've missed THE vid (but I've got a lot of practice to do anyway!)

I think EJC is just after play, basically, I think I only have enough holiday to go to one big meeting this year and I want to pick the one with the most staff jugglers! Hence my question smile

I guess I should expand the question to:

Which meeting / convention are you guys going to this year ? smile

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
its never too late wink

wink

PLAY for me. and the fens smile trying to get Antti too smile

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
guy!let's go there i want to see AN ENDURANCE OF3SHOWER STAFF OR SUCH THINGS:)

--Late biosas---

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:

guy!let's go there i want to see AN ENDURANCE OF3SHOWER STAFF OR SUCH THINGS:)

ubblol if than we should fix on a trick, anttis record in 3 staff shower is over 70 catches ubbloco

mine with 3 staff kaskade is arround 280 catches -but both ages ago wink

would be rather interested in how many 3 staff tricks in a row ubbloco

and yes i think it´s more play or uber (hug rob hug) than ejc...

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
now i'm serius:
i 'd like ,one day,that staff juggling can have it's place in the juggling world..i mean that pois and staves has always been consder as"minor" way to juggle..WHY?
It's ok,it's not tradition and quite hard to find place where to learn but i wish one day i'll see someone juggling with 5.
really i wish it can happend. redface

let's invade athen with rumble of siteswap,strange catch,duplex and other for the 3 staff weavesmiley

--Late biosas---

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
it will happen both of it wink

the world of juggling and spinning is coming closer and closer.. it will more and more inspire each other, it just takes time..maybe 3 more years...

and 5 staffs ubblol ..i can barely flash 3, but i guess latest 2008 somebody is gonna do it..and will need half a training hall space ubblol

Page: ...