Page: ......
tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
I thought i would start a thread for people interested in fire staff juggling,i am really interested to see any videos of people throwing two or more staffs,and in particular anyone taking it in new direction.
I am currently working on routines with two and three staffs and contemplating a serious attempt at the four staff shower,

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
And you got to be the one to start the "it isn't up to date anymore anyway" and "oh, but i've gotten so much better after shooting this video".. whahah.

Point your toes.

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
Thanx for this pleasent fu$k up session biggrin
but how could this help restoring the hard drive confused

I almost finished the video, the prototype is somewhere hidden in you tube, MP for those who don't belive me and for others who turn crasy about it.
but sincerly, it's better to wait for the final good quality version with funny credits at the end wink
I don't want to say "wait until may" because you'll expect again something, and after this 2 external drives error during the same week, I'm expecting alien invasion or something, but belive me, it may take some time, but no one will stop it wink

>> all is full of love <<

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
"it isn't up to date anymore anyway"

is the classic
i had to put it in meditate
that was a joke you finish slacker

but what i meant was
that i just remember you where all pushy about the entry closing date

so we shot something to send it in
and didn`t take anytime to repeat or anything

and just sometimes this hippytalk goes on my nervs
like: everything is cool and groovy

so anyway hope your hardrive get´s better

it´s a f..ed up thing when that happens
i won´t wanna see me if it happens to me

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
hum....what a nice day today!
Wind move flovers on the grass and the breeze is almost fantastic!

I don't think it's so dramatic if the relase will be on may..actually i don't care much!
I think there are a lot of other things we all should care:)
Just..train more!!
And give Imakokorde his time.hug

Today the first attempt on shower4 flash then duplex-->duplex.
Whitout good resoluts ubblol

--Late biosas---
tired to watch videos,let's go juggling in the street.

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
yep smile
let's just talk about the thread subject and forget about this video for a moment, it will come at its own time.
I'm working on 3 staves shower on the left side thanx to Seb words wink

IrinusBRONZE Member
enthusiast
222 posts

Posted:
I've done a search and found no mention of squeeze catches. Have any of you guys tried them?

FYI, a squeeze catch is where more than one object is caught at the same time (though those objects can be thrown from different hands)

Oh, and I'm all for the staffy love peace hug Trying to take the delay as a positive (i.e. gives me a chance to invent something new rather than trying to copy the vid!).

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
I sometimes throw both staffs from the same hand btb and then catch both in the same hand at the same time,i geuss thats a squeeze catch??
does anyone apart from antti have any fourstaff fountain vids?

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
I think you should add: "4 staffs fountain vids w/ catches" ubblol

DavidJNolanPrecision instrument of speed and aromatics
240 posts

Posted:
As i understand it, a squeeze catch is like a reverse multiplex.
Relatively simple in ball juggling (at least in theory)
For example, if you throw a 4 from 1 hand, followed by a 3 in the other, they should both arrive in the same hand at exactly the same time. (often doesn't work that simply tho).

Can't quite imagine how it might work in staffs, what with the staff's rotation to consider.

Not a spinner!

IrinusBRONZE Member
enthusiast
222 posts

Posted:
Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. I guess you'd have to match the spins of both sticks or otherwise pre-emptively spin them. Fun biggrin

Though I don't think they'll look all that pretty!

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
olive..................... wink

when i multiplex two staffs i usually make them split so i can catch them in different hands,
i can also catch them in the same hand,
the staffs behave like one staff(spinning and travelling equaly) when they are in the air,

to do a squeeze with throws at different times would be very tricky,i think you would have to count spins(something i have NO intention of ever doing),

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
 Written by: imakokode

I'm working on 3 staves shower on the left side thanx to Seb words wink

yeah hey cool i always wanted to see that pattern, but too lazy to train my left hand shower enough biggrin make it real hug and train it in synchron with olive ubbloco

for squeeze catch, i got a couble of times the following working:

throw a left hand backcross and right hand shower throw in a short intervall, (first shower than backross) and catch the staff when they are in that \ angle in front of your body (a bit higher than your head)....

tommy from RHD did a quite insane one:

right hand -flick staff from a straight arm and catch it behind the head with the left hand...

left hand -make backcross to behind the head catch....

tommy had at EJC 06 a wicked combination of 3 tricks in one go based on that idea.. eek ubbloco eek

in genreal i would recommend to catch squeeze catches in to cross, as it is easier to cheat with the angles when the staffs arrive (if you wanna catch them parrallel they need to be nearly perfect, for a cross...just catch -move your arms quickly and adjust the angle meanwhile spinning .... biggrin

cant wait to juggle with you guys

_told the fishfable to wes peden
_heard gloria gaynors "i will survive" 3 times live allready....in the same 20 min performance!

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
yeah yesterday wonderful 3 catches on3staff showe..from the left.
men it's not easy but the pattern 3left 3right 3 left is realy funny:)

--Late biosas---

240 posts

Posted:
That sounds like a really interesting pattern actually.

Theres a ball juggling pattern, 50505, which works in that way, with the balls following each other through the air like a snake.

Its also commenly used as a technique for learning 5 balls ... so maybe its a step on the road to a 5-staff cascade ubbidea

Not a spinner!

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
 Written by: _Y_

so maybe its a step on the road to a 5-staff cascade ubbidea

it's on its way biggrin

i'm working on 55550 lateral throws on 4 staffs. this crazy idea was inspired by Tommi (you'll see some good squeeze from him also in the video). but for now only 4 throws and 4 cathes. juggle

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
Today's news:

i 've stepped on a dog s-h-i-t- while practicing outside. censored

But before "the accident" it was flowing quite good the left hand training,yes because seems like my left hand has never been used but to catch and i hate it,feel like it's paralized eek

so this is the left hand week.

The left 3 shower is almost the goal of the week,today the pattern of the left right shower was better to be seen,but still a lot of work on the left hand

other fonny things:4staff trowing 55 then a duplex then 55 and a duplex again..but it's not working good!

Ok time to clean my shoes ubblol
EDITED_BY: darimoth (1176402987)

--Late biosas---

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
4staff trowing 55 then a duplex then 55 and a duplex again

what does that mean?

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
Ok..
the siteswap for 4staff shower is 71 ,yesterday i try to do 2 throws a bit lower that having 2 staff in the same hand throwing them in the same time so while the pair is in the air the other two can be trown again.

--Late biosas---

240 posts

Posted:
do you mena a high-low shower? or something else?

Not a spinner!

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
Uff...no..
it's like the 3 staff shower(51) but the third trowh is with 2 staff in a duplex throw.
You start with 4 staff,2 for each hand-->single single,duplex.

then the first single arrive and you throw it,the second one arrive and so you throw then 2staff arrive parallel and it's possible to catch them separated(1 with left,1 with right)so quikly pack it in the right hand a nd throw a duplex.

55duplex,55duplex.

Hope i explined in the right way:)

--Late biosas---

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
..sounds like a good pattern wink

today in regensburg some of this rubensteins revenge thing _with some 531 veriation in it worked quite nice

_heard gloria gaynors "i will survive" 3 times live allready....in the same 20 min performance!

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
531!!!!!!
So nice,so hard..
I love it.
But still i don't know if my 531 is right or not because i throw 5 and 3 from the same hand..from the 333 catching one staff than throwing 5(high from outside like as doing a shower throw,then while 5 is in the air the same hand throws 3)
Is that ok?(there should be an attept in the juggling video when it comes out).

But still it's not a clear pattern, most of the times the left hand don't throw good(so next week again train with left hand).
God,buddah,kali and gods in universe why we're not all
ambidextrous ?:)

--Late biosas---

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
hopefully one day i will see you guys juggle by numbers and perhaps i will understand!?!!?!

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
 Written by: darimoth

from the 333 catching one staff than throwing 5(high from outside like as doing a shower throw,then while 5 is in the air the same hand throws 3)

so you throw the 5 (the high one) and than a 3 with the same hand confused what is the other hand doing inbetween the 5 and the 3 as i guess you still throw alternate with your left & right hand?
when does the 1 come into that pattern?

ubblol we are all ambidextrous, we just realise the potential a bit late in life biggrin

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
opsssssssss my brain it's not working so good....i said 53 form the same hand..but i was wrong..sorry...
i wanted to mean that the entering in the 531 patern is a 5 high throw after a 333 so it's correct that 5(right hand)3(left hand) 1 should the the pause before the 3 land to the right.

Sorry.
Now that it's clear i wont to ask to bastl: do you spin the "1" or just have the staff bloked in the hand ?

Have tryied the 423?that's more difficoult than 531 imho...expecially for the "4"

--Late biosas---

bastlGOLD Member
123 posts

Posted:
the "1" is a transfer, in your case from the right to the left hand.

423 is for me much easier, look @ the trainingvideo from antti ...the last figure he plays is a 423 hug

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
tim - if only you'd asked, i could have explained all at BJC.....

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
i havnt been in this thread, mainly coz im shite at staff juggling......... however i feel i should say that following a sweet afternoon watching Tim at the BJC - i got to say he is the daddy of the 4 staff shower smile

*envious*

ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
He only lives a 30min trainride from me...

Had a lovely conversation with him at BJC. Might actually meet up with him and pester him for tips biggrin Or drag him to the monthly Preston Fire Gatherings to show them how it's done! biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Tim, was that you i was watching at the BJC? if so, then Damn! you may have actually inspired me to try a bit of staff juggling, you looked wicked and i thought hmmm.... i want to do that.
Kicking myself a bit now for not coming and saying hi

"Don't do it naked!"

Page: ......

HOP Newsletter