Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > *UPDATED* Woodford Festival Circadia 2006

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
**** UPDATE **** UPDATE ****UPDATE****

bounce bounce2 bounce

Last night I went to the Program Launch for the 21st Woodford Festival and I am leaping about with glee bounce bounce2 bounce

2000 performers, 6 days, 15 venues of Circus, Cabaret, Burlesque, Dance, music, greenie stuff, lotsa lotsa comedy.

Magic site installations...loadsa street life.. an amazing film festival including the Australian Animation Festival and a whole series of Aeon Flux!!!

The music program is just incredibly diverse...blues, world, murri, hiphop etcetcetc... As long as it has a heart... ubblove

Names you might know this year: John Butler Trio, Lior, Ganga Giri, Xavier Rudd, Blue King Brown, Resin Dogs, Ash Grunwald, the Bird, the Herd... and mindblowers like That One Guy, Leo... Augh too many names to mention.

The whole program should be up on the website soon.

NO WORRIES about tickets. There are expanded camp grounds this year (that has been the limiting factor in the past). So get your ticket online, print it off and it will be NO PROBLEM to get in. There are guaranteed tickets at the gate this year but online is quicker and cheaper.

THERE ARE ALSO PLENTY OF VOLUNTEER PLACES STILL AVAILABLE

www.woodfordfolkfestival.com

Now to talk about our own special dedicated spinny/juggly/circus play venue sunny Circadia sunny with more ways to participate than you can shake a sh*tty stick at. All day workshops (everything from staff to stilts) free play space and toys to share!

sunny Professional performers, choreographers and actors working with you to create routines and minishows. Strut/spin your stuff at night at our indoor Cir-Cabaret Open Stage or outdoor FirePlace.

sunny A daily professional development forum on topics such as Fire Safety, International Marketing, How to Busk etc.

After midnight settle in for Chillcadia, with cool tunes and amazing visuals from our resident genius, Kyle McLean.

Any questions, feel free to PM or ask here... I've been on the Woodford organising group for about ten years now, so I probably know the answer better than those weird rumours that get around every year! wink

EDITED_BY: newgabe (1162084263)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Gabe - can I put in some dollars for some FireSol (as im sure the woman in the know - I want some for my show (only about 1/2 l per day ((becuase its not night!!))(((obviously))), )! and contribute towards the group burn pot/bowl/bucket etc..!!
When shall you be leaving? Will I see you at yours or at Woodford?
Im about to go online and book my flight now.... ARGHHHH
But just aswell as ive scored 2 days of walkabout next week and sold my van today!!!
Cant wait to see you and all the crew
XXXxxxXXX

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Oh and if anyone wants any whips wither 'normal leather/Roo hide' or Fire Whips please post on here, as im going to pick some up on the way to the festy and need a rough order - PM me for a price list
Peas out

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireNix

Gabe - can I put in some dollars for some FireSol

No worries, I have 40litres up my sleeve.
I will be going up to Woodies a few times in the next few days, probably stay up from the 22nd. Steve and others will be here though. Mmmmmm There's a box of yours in the garage too.
See you soon!!

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireNix

Oh and if anyone wants any whips wither 'normal leather/Roo hide' or Fire Whips please post on here, as im going to pick some up on the way to the festy and need a rough order - PM me for a price list
Peas out

Pm sent biggrin

Woodford is sooo close now yay. Off to purchase a new tent and gas stove this morning, who knows what else i will come home with, bcf has so many nifty gadgets hehe

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Yay for fuel at three worlds! Support them all the way guys, they are so lovely and will appreciate it! ubblove

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
9 days to go...
Woooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
*Happy dance*
See you all at circadia!

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Wondering if theres anyone leaving from Briz on 26th - who I could catch a lift with?
PM me with contact details if possible
Thanks
Peas

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeheeeeee!

.:*ONE WEEK TO GO!!!*:.

....sorry rob, my car will be all full... good luck with a lift smile *:. I'm sure someone here will beable to help you out ... looking forward to seeing you again at the festy biggrin hug ubbrollsmile

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
Firenix, I might be able to help, there is 50/50 chance i will be in woodford at a friends place on christmas day in which case i wont be of much use frown If you can get close to woodford by train or bus or something i would be more than happy to pick you up and take you to the actual festival

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Thanks Peeps - i'll find a way for sure
Love and Light out
and looking forward to seeing you all there

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
There is a shuttle bus on Boxing day afternoon from Caboolture, which is the closest railway station.

There is a downloadable timetable on the Woodford Festival site. smile

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Wish I could go with you guys this year but there is just no way money wise and baby wise unfortunately.

I'm espically sad that I don't get to play with the pixie at woodford when you don't even have any work commitments!!! Im proud that your taking time though, you work so hard all year pixie and even work while people are off and having fun...I'm so glad that this year you're taking time off to rest and enjoy yourself! Good on you darling. You deserve it. biggrin

Just wishing everyone a wonderful time and a fantastic new years, We are having a new years party for any of us who are not at woodford, and will be thinking of you all booging the night away... If anyone gets the opportunity to goose Jon Butler for me please feel free! biggrin wink ubblol

Bye lil chickens! hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Boo to Velura not being there - Love to all the family
Maybe see you before or after at the un-official HOP Hostel!

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Valura

If anyone gets the opportunity to goose Jon Butler for me please feel free! biggrin wink ubblol

Will do my best, but may only be able to manage a duck...

redface

That was far more suggestive in text than it was in my mind.

Its gonna be a shame to miss you. Actually, what are you up to on the evening of the 26th? Will you be at home or with la (extended) famille?

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
ubblove love you chicken and wish we could be partying with you for newyears too! have a beautiful one all the same hey ubblove

kiss grouphug kiss

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

JaiMember
52 posts

Posted:
Ohhhh, i was looking forward to finally meeting you Valura. All these Byron/Gold Coast/Brisbane people that i have spoken to soo many times and they have helped me sooo much, i hope to finally meet you all at Woodford!!!

Ill be the dude with the curly brown/blonde hair running around gaping at all the amazing things on offer!

Hmmm, its sooooo close i can almost taste it. But i still have been to lazy to get my tickets yet. Not lazy just too busy and broke. lol. I am going to buy my tickets on Friday. I already have my flights coz i thought they will only go up in price unlike the tickets.

Enjoy ur Christmas everyone, and to everyone who doesnt celebrate Christmas, enjoy your day off. I will be thinking off everyone on christmas day, seeting up there camp sites while im driving back to Melbourne and sleeping at the airport for my 6am flight to brissy.

Peace everyone!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rozi

Written by: Valura

If anyone gets the opportunity to goose Jon Butler for me please feel free! biggrin wink ubblol

Will do my best, but may only be able to manage a duck...

redface

That was far more suggestive in text than it was in my mind.

Its gonna be a shame to miss you. Actually, what are you up to on the evening of the 26th? Will you be at home or with la (extended) famille?

we will be at home.... we will be indeeedeedeeddooo!

*trys not to get all excited*

whys that sweetheart? biggrin

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I will be driving up from Sydney on Boxing Day. I am not sure if I will be pushing my luck trying to make it all the way up to you, but...

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well it is a long drive and the gates close at 10pm so you would indeed be best to stay *somewhere* for the night and come up to Wooders on the 27th

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
its all so soooooooooooooooooooooooonn!!! bounce bounce2 bounce bounce clap bounce bounce bounce2 ubbrollsmile biggrin

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

JaiMember
52 posts

Posted:
YAY!!! I JUST BOUGHT MY WOODFORD TICKETS!!!

Next Tuesday i will be there with bells on!!! Its going to be awesome!

Im just trying to wokr out how to get to the airport at 4am in the morning when there are no trains running into the city for skybus. But yay, its not bothering me! Maybe i could go stay at a backpackers for the night :- )

Well this is allll so exciting and its happening soo fast!!!

See you all up there!

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

Well it is a long drive and the gates close at 10pm so you would indeed be best to stay *somewhere* for the night and come up to Wooders on the 27th

Don't worry, that has been my plan all along. I have a few friends going early who are saving us a camping spot.

This is more about whether I can make the drive to Chicken's place in one day without arriving at such a silly time that I would inconvenience her.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
ANY time is fine. You are not an inconvenience at all!!

*wiggles and hopes Rozi can make it!* smile smile smile

biggrin hug Jai you can even crash on the couch if ya get stuck.

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
FireNix- You know that as a performer there is a free shuttle from Brissy airport to the green room at woodford don't you?
so if you are already in town, just get the train to the airport and they can help you get the rest of the way wink
I think the shuttle runs from boxing day, maybe even Christmas arvo.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Rob: Artist transport does not run on Christmas Day and needed to be pre-arranged for Boxing Day.

I have PMd you with Kyle's mobile: I am picking him up from Caboolture station on Christmas Day.

OK that's it, I', going up for the Final Journey now, see you all there!
EDITED_BY: newgabe (1166840336)

JaiMember
52 posts

Posted:
Ohhh thank you Valura. But i have just paid a friend to drive me to Melbourne airport at 4am. So im all set. Now all i have to do is pack my suitcase tonight for the short trip to brisbane.

I hope everyone has a safe journey!!!

If your driving dont speed because we will all still be there if you are 1 hour late.

If your flying, sit back and enjoy the flight and think of everyone bellow you driving in there cars.

If your cycling, thank you for being so generous to mother nature and she will return back to you.

I cant think of any other way of getting there. lol. But be safe!!!

Cant wait to see you all there.

Luv JAI!!!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
wow! what am amazing week that was! just got home, and sitting on the back deck armed with a beer, feeling very satisfied, dirty, and tired.

cant be bothered really typing up particularly much now, as the pool is waiting for me - but a big super massive hug to everyone who contributed such beautiful positive energy to the festival.

hug peace kiss
Ed ubbrollsmile

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
wooooooo, i'm spent!
still need a beer here...

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Random Woodford Moments

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Wow ubbloco
Still realing in the (un)reality of it all - being over the Tasmin for starters!!
Will type more tomorrow
For Now.....
.....WOW hug

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Page: