Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > *UPDATED* Woodford Festival Circadia 2006

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
**** UPDATE **** UPDATE ****UPDATE****

bounce bounce2 bounce

Last night I went to the Program Launch for the 21st Woodford Festival and I am leaping about with glee bounce bounce2 bounce

2000 performers, 6 days, 15 venues of Circus, Cabaret, Burlesque, Dance, music, greenie stuff, lotsa lotsa comedy.

Magic site installations...loadsa street life.. an amazing film festival including the Australian Animation Festival and a whole series of Aeon Flux!!!

The music program is just incredibly diverse...blues, world, murri, hiphop etcetcetc... As long as it has a heart... ubblove

Names you might know this year: John Butler Trio, Lior, Ganga Giri, Xavier Rudd, Blue King Brown, Resin Dogs, Ash Grunwald, the Bird, the Herd... and mindblowers like That One Guy, Leo... Augh too many names to mention.

The whole program should be up on the website soon.

NO WORRIES about tickets. There are expanded camp grounds this year (that has been the limiting factor in the past). So get your ticket online, print it off and it will be NO PROBLEM to get in. There are guaranteed tickets at the gate this year but online is quicker and cheaper.

THERE ARE ALSO PLENTY OF VOLUNTEER PLACES STILL AVAILABLE

www.woodfordfolkfestival.com

Now to talk about our own special dedicated spinny/juggly/circus play venue sunny Circadia sunny with more ways to participate than you can shake a sh*tty stick at. All day workshops (everything from staff to stilts) free play space and toys to share!

sunny Professional performers, choreographers and actors working with you to create routines and minishows. Strut/spin your stuff at night at our indoor Cir-Cabaret Open Stage or outdoor FirePlace.

sunny A daily professional development forum on topics such as Fire Safety, International Marketing, How to Busk etc.

After midnight settle in for Chillcadia, with cool tunes and amazing visuals from our resident genius, Kyle McLean.

Any questions, feel free to PM or ask here... I've been on the Woodford organising group for about ten years now, so I probably know the answer better than those weird rumours that get around every year! wink

EDITED_BY: newgabe (1162084263)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
how exciting, I just bought my first tickets ever for woodford. clap Can't wait.

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
That's great! you coming for the whole time??

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
nah, can't afford it. frown Adrian and I will be there on Friday and Sunday, for new years.

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
I am a woodford newb too; and I am already struggling to come to terms with all the stuff I am going to have to miss... there is just *SO MUCH* going on...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

JaiMember
52 posts

Posted:
Me 3! But im not going to miss anything. Going to be there for the whole time! As i am still a teenager, 18, all im going to miss are some drunken parties. Which doesnt bother me in the slightest. It gives me an excuse to say cant be there.

But it is going to be awesome up at Woodford. Its going to be great to meet you Gabe!! I have spoken to you many times but just havnt had the chance to actually meet.

I will prob be around the ThreeWorlds group for the first few days. They are soo much fun, such loving people.

Anywho, have to go play wif some of my toys! Yay, this is going to be sooo much fun!

WOODFORD RULES!

S3KnoTBRONZE Member
NomadicRhythmSimulator
204 posts

Posted:
Does anybody else wish they could create multiple versions of themselves while out there?

Gonna be so hard to decide what to do with myself...

but yay, not long now........

Petey: "i just finished a rubiks cube, from completely shuffled to not, in 1 minute 57 seconds "

Experiencing people is the best experience of all.

Govenor of Flynt's Ass...

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce bounce2 bounce2 bounce bounce2
so excited
bounce bounce bounce2 bounce2 bounce bounce2

miestamember
101 posts

Posted:
ill see all you folks there, ill be in woodford about the 23rd-3rd, i might pop down to circadia more often this year. i predict ill get blisters from juggling too much. juggle ubbloco juggle yippee!
is anyone here performing?

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Yep. I'll be doing my solo daytime Comedy Circus street shows in the courtyard from between 4-8 each day. Keep a look out and come and laugh with/at FireNix.
Looking forward to seing all you guys in Circadia again this year.
Peas out

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
hey rob!
you are on my list of *things to see*, marked out on the program! of course there's no guaruntee i'll see anything i've planned to, but that is the woodford way.

will be good to see you anyway, probably run into you at the chai tent if nothing else peace

sunny xox

"A Thnead's a fine thing that all people need"
Dr Suess

miestamember
101 posts

Posted:
comedy? you look like mr om fire nix. ill make sure i see your show then.

are you in the group who wear all purple and use that cross firestick and fire fingers?

zanzibar is back too!!

wahoo, cant wait!!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: tillymoo

will be good to see you anyway, probably run into you at the chai tent if nothing else peace

sunny xox

Probably run into him in our backyard if nothing else wink

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
i soooooooo want to come this year...i'm just not sure it's going to happen! frown stupid money & travelling & stuff! arg! arg i tell you!

i'd really love to come...even for one day! might have to work on that... smile

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

ZeeBooBRONZE Member
167 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

Written by: tillymoo

sunny xox

Probably run into him in our backyard if nothing else wink

I see he's got to you too then Gabe. wink

Love and hugs hug to you from us.

Just because I'm an adult doesn't make me responsible.

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
...less than six weeks to go!!!

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey lovelies ubbrollsmile Omigosh Eve it is coming fast eh!!

Now one thing I'd love to know is:
Are any of you who are coming able to bring toys and gear to share or that we can use for workshops?

Hoops, practice staffs, UV toys, sock poi, glow things? juggling stuff?

We will be getting quite a lot of diablos, devil sticks and ribbon poi from the lovely Yoho Diablo. It would be great to know what else might be coming up with y'all.

Anyone want do do a workshop?
Eve hoops? wink

hugs and mugs
G

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
 Written by: newgabe

Anyone want do do a workshop?
Eve hoops? wink

G

Hey Gabe,
would be delighted to host a hula hoop workshop, though I hear that the world record holder for hooping will also be at woodford this year.. (or so Jasmine and the carniavls say) Might be worth chasing her up about doing a workshop too wink I bet she has some biggly awesome tricks.

weeeeeee
5 weeks, 2 days to go... biggrin

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
I hope to have made a few sets of devil sticks as backups which i will be more than happy to lend out if anyone fancies a twirl.

Will also motivate me to practise some more lol

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

hazingtonjourneyman
51 posts

Posted:
IM SO SO EXCITED!!!!
no offence to the people i twirl with but i want new play mates, im so excited ive got spare batteries for my LED's, my program, ticket im already!! now ive just got to wait hmmmm.

Living is loving & Loving is Living
yet
Lying is Dying &
Dying can be Lying if you let it...

miestamember
101 posts

Posted:
there are a few juggling shops there to buy stuff if you need too. im excited about meeting some good jugglers and twirlers.

can we burn anywhere but circadia? hope so, the roof is too low, and i like open spaces to play.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hi Miesta!

Did I meet you last year?? Were you with Psycus? They are from NT aren't they? I believe their stall will be quite close to us this year.

There will be at least one outside fire place this year. We are running one on the street outside Circadia. People will be spectating and we are right in the middle of the street and stalls and stuff so we gotta keep it safety conscious and just have a few people up at a time. Showcase style rather than total freestylin all in.

We will monitor safety, like checking people's gear/fuel and skills before they light up. Elf and Safety! We not saying people have to be pro level, but not utter newbie (prone to drop and fling...) and/or with dodgy gear. Or pissed. rolleyes We are having a mentor space in the afternoons too where people can work with pro level people on choreos/mini shows etc that they can bring out there.

Apart from that *organised* on street space I am really wanting there being fire spinning in all sorts of places at Woodford this year. Eg there is heaps of flat perfect grassy space on the 'village green' area, by the lake on the other side of the bridge to Circadia. That would be a great space for freestyle fully sik ubbloco nutting it!

You've probably noticed Miesta that general go for it fire spinning has died off a lot at WFF in recent years...partly due to fire bans in a run of dry years... this year should be OK for that we hope.

Last year too there were some camp wardens and security who thought the total fire ban of the year before was a permanent thing and stopped people even coming in with gear... I am working on getting the word out to them about that this year so there should be no worries. (Security will stop people if they think they are being unsafe though. thats fair enough)

See you there!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: miesta

comedy? you look like mr om fire nix.
julian (zanzibar) is back too!!
wahoo, cant wait!!

ubblol ubblol ubblol Firenix looks about as unlike Mr Om as you can get!
And yes Zanzibar is coming back...and other crew at Circadia include a group from Nocturnal Sunshine from the USA. It will be good!

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying
waaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
WWWWWWWaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
indeed....I mean
MMmmmWwwwaaaHahHahHahhah!!

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

JaiMember
52 posts

Posted:
Well i have just decided that i will be driving up to the Festival from Melbourne on Christmas Day. Is there anyone from Melbourne or from Sydney or anywhere along the way that would like a lift?

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Jai

Me 3! But im not going to miss anything. Going to be there for the whole time!

I think Mr Pogo's meaning he's going to miss so much AT Woodford.. seeing there's 15 venues going simultaneously. Someone worked out that if you put all the programmed acts and workshops on end to end, and someone saw/did everything as a full time job, it would take 11 months!!! that's not including street life, food, stalls and love affairs...

wink

Written by: Jai

Well i have just decided that i will be driving up to the Festival from Melbourne on Christmas Day. Is there anyone from Melbourne or from Sydney or anywhere along the way that would like a lift?

ON Christmas day! eek Jai, that's a hell drive!! Like 2000 kms! If you are doing that, the inland route is a lot quicker than the coast via Sydney eh...

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Hey all- I know that we will all be hanging around circadia - but do we want to organise an actual HOP meet up? like a little gathering/play at circadia one day over the festival that we ALL try to get to? weavesmiley

11 months of entertainment in one wonderful week - woodford makes me happy. biggrin

JaiMember
52 posts

Posted:
My plans might just be taken away from me. I was driving home from work tonight and all of a sudden a white flash came accross my car. I was kinda over the speed limit. And i think i mite loose my licence. I was passing a really slow person and trying to get through an orange light. All the money i have saved up for woodford, so far only $500 might be thrown out the window on this fine. Or worse still i might loose my licence.

As all of you could gather i am very annoyed at myself right now. I really hope it will all be fine but who knows. At the time i was contemplating whether i should dive to QLD. So i might take that as a sign. I wont be driving up to QLD lol.

Peace pplz and i still will try my hardest to get up there!!!

hazingtonjourneyman
51 posts

Posted:
Q. How many woodfords have you ever been to?

Living is loving & Loving is Living
yet
Lying is Dying &
Dying can be Lying if you let it...

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Me? 14. Including 2 at Maleny. I have performed at 3, stage managed street theatre at 2 or 3, was volunteer coordinator for 4 years, did market research for 2 years, this is my 2nd Circadia. I cleaned loos one year and for a couple of years I bought a ticket and just had fun. I've been on the organising group for about 10 years. Does that add up?

Page: