James_HillyerGOLD Member
16 posts

Posted:
I bought a staff about 2 weeks ago or so, and have been spinning it. I have dropped it a few times, but nothing unusual, and two of the screws that hold the heads together have sheared off, and the ends are a little loose. I have a few ideas about this.

The first is should I use some kevlar sewing string to hold it together.
The second is would there just be something wrong with it?

The third is, I have thought of buying a set of either cathedral wicks, or possibly the sewn 100mm wicks from your store to replace the heads (they are a bit burnt because I noticed the sheared screws after a spin), and seeing as I don't want to pull apart the wicks (I have a tendancy not to be able to put it back together properly), I was wondering how the staff was made up (can I someone hook those heads on?)

a) Those who can, Do It.
b) Those who know, Post It.
c) Those who can't, Read It.
d) Those with ego's, Argue It.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
well i'm not sure what to advise you to do, what brand is the staff? you most certainly shouldnt need to replace the wicks after two weeks and if you dont think you've been rough with it you might want to contact whomever you purchased them off and see what they have to say about it wink

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

James_HillyerGOLD Member
16 posts

Posted:
I got the staff from HoP. I have had it about two weeks, but the screws are shearing off, and I am unsure of how to repair it, or whether I should send it back or what ?

a) Those who can, Do It.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well contact the HoP shop directly via email or to Malcom here....and ask them about returns or repairs. THey are entirely decent to deal with and the first source of info for their own products eh... this forum is more *talk amongst yourselves* for spinners than direct communication with HoP itself...

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

James_HillyerGOLD Member
16 posts

Posted:
Yeah I sent them an email regarding this. I was just wondering if this had ever happened to anyone else, and of any ideas on repairing it. Now I sit waiting by my modem for an answer wink

a) Those who can, Do It.