Page:
Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Sometimes when people send me stuff and I try to download it, it just all appears in squares and symbols. I know it's a security thing but how do I change it?

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ok please help guys!

i lefted my comp on when i went out so it could finish downloading, and when i came back the screen was off - nothing was working (the computor was on and you could hear it) but because i couldnt manualy switch it off, and pressing the power button made reving noises rather than switching it off, i had the unplug the power from the wall.

i tried switching it on the next day, and heard electrical noises from the computor....eek and whether it wa me being paranoid, im sure i heard noises from the extension socket.

i have unpluged everthing from the extension, nothing is plugged in now for the comp.... any help? im not liking the possibility of electricution, nor losing years worth of pictures and music!

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

ZenoophSILVER Member
psychadelic pyro
570 posts

Posted:
Sounds like your power supply could be fried, bubbles.

Rather take it to a computer shop and have them take a look before you fry the mainboard too.

If you've finished your teleportation device, you could always teleport me over and I'll have a look at it for you.

Normality is the playground of the unimaginative

E_V_I_LMosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.
346 posts

Posted:
As Zenooph said, sounds like the power supplies got wonky.

Mine did it a few weeks back. I kept trying to boot it up, wouldn't have it.

So .... I took out the power supply, isolated it, then plugged it back in. Fizzle, crackle, bang. Puff of smoke and an acrid stench.

Love blowing stuff up!

Got a new one, put it in, sorted. Was worried I'd fried my motherboard in the process of playing around, but it was ok.

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
cheers guys, now i just have to find a place to take it and how to get it there... shrug

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Page: