Forums > Social Discussion > www.ukhippy.com possibly the hardest place..........................

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
not to get banned from!!!! ubblol

i got banned from there for being a registerd member of another message board.

other people i know have been banned for speaking their mind and having their own oppinions eek

they are not hippies, they seem to ban anyone that speaks out against their ideals.

this is not on!!!! i dare anyone to register and see how long they last ubblol

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Seriously, don't go on there just to cause trouble! They're decent folk, just as we are!

A couple of people had a few teething problems when they first signed up, but theree a re a good few HoPpers on there now, who get along just fine with the locals!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
yeah I've fitted quite nicely in now. smile
I'm getting on well with Atomik, it's all water under the bridge. bring on the love ubblove

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
hehehe ubblol

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Registering now.....
Well, according to MCP and Zauberdachs I'm the most hippie person they know so, I give myself a year lol, btw dude, YOU JUST LOST!

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Atomik

1. Ravehead has already made a serious attempt to get UK Hippy shut down by trying to instigate a troll attack from another forum.

i beg to differ on this point, i can even pull up EVERY post i made on this "other" site. the ONLY time i mentioned that i didn't care what people did was after the fact i was banned for life, and the reason i was banned was because i used the link that was posted on said site.

to tell you the truth i'm not bothered about it, it was only a matter of time before i posted something that offended someone wink unintentionaly ubbangel

to be honest looking back on it all it was very restrictive at how much stuff you cant post and things you cant say.

i don't hold a grudge.................thats just a waste of my time wink

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Sorry Sunbird, I just lost what? confused

Written by: Lord Acton

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely

Seems true really doesnt it?.. shrug

Pinkadelicmember
70 posts

Posted:
Well, i just signed in their website!!!
Lets see how long it takes them to throw me to the dogz!!!
Bets anyone? wink
Booyaka

Love is Life

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
UCOF - The game biggrin

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
People keep calling me a hippy so I'm gonna have a look and see if I am biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
Just as much a hippie as me bro wink

HippyElliottnewbie
7 posts

Posted:
i got banned cause i had an opinion. then the admin went onto my profile changing my account details and posting things in my name. then warned me about those posts like i put them. and then when i started a thread saying whats happened then banned me

HippyElliottnewbie
7 posts

Posted:
as others have said there are some wonderful people on there which is why i pop back on there on occation but. its a tough gig

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: HippyElliott

i got banned cause i had an opinion. then the admin went onto my profile changing my account details and posting things in my name. then warned me about those posts like i put them. and then when i started a thread saying whats happened then banned me

god thats horrible!

i can say with certainty that wont happen here smile we play nice (unless you'd like otherwise) ubblol

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

7,193 posts

Posted:
thats harsh as you like elliot, but it somehow dose not supprise me

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
aww Elliot hug I didn't know that happened. Sorry hun hug

I'm having a nice time at ukhippy lately, I've met kel in real life from there and she's ace.

Move in here Elliot, we'll look after you. hug

HippyElliottnewbie
7 posts

Posted:
aww i k now kel. ive met her too. she is real nice smile

magicmonkeyBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
 Written by: HippyElliott

That's a horrendous load of [censored] and you know it! You made abusive posts about another member, normally I would have just given you a temp ban but as you were abusive about me I just changed your signature ad decided to be playful about the whole thing. You then started having a go when you already knew you were on thin ice and got yourself a temp ban. Then you signed up with an alias trying to be clever so that profile was changed so that people knew who you were. If you want to make yourself out to be a martyr make sure you haven't brought it all on yourself first.

No posts were ever made in your name other than the ones you posted yourself.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Hang on, YOU changed HIS signature?

That's not very nice frown

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

magicmonkeyBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rouge Dragon

considering he called me a prick with no provocation I thought it was quite light hearted wink

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
 Written by: magicmonkey

You made abusive posts about another member, normally I would have just given you a temp ban

So why didnt you?

A mods job is to matain order of the board.
Not to piss around with people settings just because they've annoyed you.

You seem no better than the person who apprently broke board rules in the first place.

If that happend everytime a mod was annoyed here by a member the whole place would be in chaos!

magicmonkeyBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Aimée

You made abusive posts about another member, normally I would have just given you a temp ban

So why didnt you?

A mods job is to matain order of the board.
Not to piss around with people settings just because they've annoyed you.

You seem no better than the person who apprently broke board rules in the first place.

If that happend everytime a mod was annoyed here by a member the whole place would be in chaos!

I didn't because I've met Elliott in real life and thought the least disruptive way to deal with it would be humour. If it happened in every situation then yes, it would be chaos but it's happened once so I don't really see what your point is there.

To say I'm 'just as bad' for being lenient is a bit of a stretch, I'm sure Elliott would have preferred to have a joke than get banned, it's just a shame that his follow up actions led to a ban instead of this being dealt with in a light hearted way. Frankly it's been blown out of all proportion, the only reason I'm posting here is that I don't much like people telling lies about me and feel I should have the ability to stand up for myself.

I'll openly confess to having made mistakes as a mod before, I'm only human after all, this wasn't a mistake though unless you call being too lenient a mistake.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
shall we rename it the 'ukhippy arbritration thread'? wink

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
magicmonkey, give it up. Chill out. It doesn't matter.

If you haden't done anything, what would have happend? I'd be willing to bet that nothing would have happend, that is to say, the boards would have copped with it and within a day or two everything would be fine.

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

7,193 posts

Posted:

Written by: Rouge Dragon

considering he called me a prick with no provocation I thought it was quite light hearted wink

blatentasyoulikestyle cool
EDITED_BY: ravehead (1177916973)

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Guys, please tone this thread done, regadless of it's subject matter.

Particualrly comments encouraging other people to troll, or any negative behaviour on other boards.

If you don't like a board, I recomment you stay away from it, and help make HoP a welcoming fun place for everyone.

This thread is making HoP a lot less welcoming.

You are on HoP at the moment so please keep to our guidelines too...

Thanking you all in advance! :-)

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I vote for this thread being removed. It seems that whenever someone has a problem on ukhippy, this is where it gets discussed.

It's good that things can get discussed here, because it's not moderated by UKhippy, which cuts out any chance of there being moderator censorship, but really, is there a need? I for one don't give a damn about what goes on over there. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

And the award goes to Ravehead for having the highest number of non-PG and offensive posts... umm rolleyes

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Limits_To_Contest

And the award goes to Ravehead for having the highest number of non-PG and offensive posts... umm rolleyes

ubblol i'll support that nomination! ubblol

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Charles

If you don't like a board, I recomment you stay away from it, and help make HoP a welcoming fun place for everyone.

Thank you, Charles, for this excellent example of good moderating. smile

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
 Written by: sparkey

Written by: Charles

Thank you, Charles, for this excellent example of good moderating. smile

biggrin hug ubblove Damn straight! biggrin ubblove hug

7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Limits_To_Contest

*writes up a 3 hour long speach thanking everyone from god to the ants crawling about ouside*

biggrin sorry i should have just put "male chicken" ubblol

Page: