KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know where I might be able to get my hands on a good variety of Parachute silks, UV materials.

I feel like getting creative, but I have not found any materials that inspire me in the least!

Any idea's of stores in London area or where I can purchase materials online would be much appreciated.

Thank you kindly

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Hey Kat,

Don't have time to go into much detail, but someone here might be able to help...

Don't worry, be happy...

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Thanks Tadpole,

Wish there was some shop that I could venture into to have a look though. Is it just me or does anyone else find the textile industry in the UK & Eire pretty crap

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Eerrrr yea the one time, back when I used to be a piece of cheese I went to a material shop looking for silk to make me some cheesy Don King type sheets. They thought I was mad and they ended up trying to make me look at wedding dresses or something.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Indeed...well no.. WHAT??

Visions of Deepsoulsheep pulling back a veil and sliiping between the skirts of a wedding dress for a good nights sleep!!

Its amazing how expensive material is and what a poor selection there is though I read somewhere that real fur was being treated and died to look like fake fur and sold as fake fur because it is cheaper than the fake stuff!

Maybe I will make myslef an outfit made entirely from paper clips Not sure if it would be very comfortable though

- W B Yeats