Page: ...
ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
What do you Dream about?

Do you remember your dreams?

I must admit, its not often I remember my dreams. When I do they are usually vivid enough to stay with me for a few days or years. I think there are a few reason for this. If I smoke before I go to bed for instance, I usually wake up groggy and with no memory of my dreams. If I dont get enough sleep, or indeed to much, its the same deal. I guess it also has to do with your sleep cycle. If any of you guys would know more about this I would be very interested to find out.

Im very interested in lucid dreaming also, and have had some experience with this, it seems to me that there is some kind of link to astral projection here too though I dont know alot about it. I was facinated when I read Carlos Casteneda and the Teachings of Don Juan. There are other methods and I was wondering if anybody else had any experience with this?

What do you dream about? Are they recurring? Is it the same dream or is it theme that is recurring? Are they always different or ramdon? Any particular dreams stand out?

For as long as I can remember I have had flying or floating dreams, it usually involves me running to or from something. I may be with a group of people or running from a group of people or maybe even alone. The destination and content are very variable, some are scary, some are fun. The theme is always the same though. Running, jumping, bouncing, floating. Over buildings, off the tops of high stairs or walls, black flips and somersaults, always in slow motion always with a sense of adventure, good or bad, and a journey into the unknown. I was never caught either.

I used to dream about conflict where I would get into a physical fight with someone and would be unable to hit them. My fist would just slide off in ultra slow motion before it connected. Very frustrating. This went on for years until finally one night I had a dream about man driving a car that nearly hit me. He got out of the car and started shouting at me, I promptly floored him with a good solid punch, I also woke up at that instant and shouted Yes! and I was so happy I threw my arms up in the air. I havent had a dream like that since.

Last week. I dreamt I was a super hero. I didnt think I was a super hero, but I had a sidekick.. I was creeping around a very large ruin looking for the bad guy. I saw him just before I woke up. Straight out of a marvel comic. It was at night, all I saw was his dark outline. I wasnt scared either. I was hunting.

More than any other dream. One that I had about five years ago has stayed with me more than any other. I dont really remember what I was dreaming about. I was in bed with my - then - girlfriend and I woke up screaming. I didnt just scream though. I was lying flat on my stomach and I jumped clean out of the bed and curled up in the corner in a ball. A complete quivering wreck. I wouldnt let anyone touch me or so come near me for a long time. Pure terror, it took a ages for me to calm down and recognize the people in the room enough to get back into bed and I didnt stop shaking until I fell asleep. To make matters worse, when i woke, the rabbit got out of its hutch downstairs and decided that would be a good time to go for an adventure. He was scratching on the bedroom door and every time I heard it I nearly jumped out of my skin. All I remember was that I was in a forest and was approaching a big tree. I was looking around the base of it. Thats it. Nothing in my life has ever even come close to scaring me that much.

Please feel free to share your dreams here. We dont need to interpret them for each other, I think that is something personal for all of us.

Love is the law.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Hi fyrespirit.

It would be great if you could share some of your knowledge with us.

How long have you been practising? Where did you learn? Can you recommend any good reference material, practises and such...

All good stuff... and would have the added bonus of not making Lao Tzu turing in his grave... wink

'Those who talk, dont know'

I take this to mean in part that there is a difference between telling someone you can do something... or actually teaching them how to do it themselves.

Speaking of the ego....

Anybody met theirs in dreamland yet?

Love is the law.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
aparrently my dream happened on the night and i didn't tell her about my dream and only mentioned it when she told me about the crash

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
... meaning you had the dream even before she knew?

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I had dream last night!! eek (havent smoked for two days which is probably why i can remember it... oh, and sleeping solidly for 10 hours certianly helped!)

All I can remember is that it involved my dead grandma, and that we were going shopping for eggs in a greengrocers. I remember her opening a cardboard carton of eggs, and pouring water in to check if they were good to eat.. umm
And there was some black teenage dude outside who tried to start a fight with me confused

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ado-p

Hi fyrespirit.

It would be great if you could share some of your knowledge with us.

How long have you been practising? Where did you learn? Can you recommend any good reference material, practises and such...

All good stuff... and would have the added bonus of not making Lao Tzu turing in his grave... wink

'Those who talk, dont know'

I take this to mean in part that there is a difference between telling someone you can do something... or actually teaching them how to do it themselves.

Speaking of the ego....

Anybody met theirs in dreamland yet?

'He who thinks he knows, doesn't know...
He who knows he doesn't know, knows.'

Been a practicing Celtic Shamanka for about 3 years...pagan for about 8-10.

Good place to start IMO is with 'By Oak, Ash and Thorn' by DJ Conway.

The ego in shamanism is called the Shadow Self and I confront my shadow quite frequently....
Is the aspect of the self that we generally do not show to the world and qualities that are not always desirable...
Shamanism teaches you to deal with these qualities and to turn them into positives instead of negatives...

For example...a stubborn nature is sometimes viewed as a bad thing but this same nature can be our drive to succeed when otherwise, we might just give up.
This is a mild example. I would take up pages if I went into it too deeply...
If you are truly interested, start with the book I reccommended and check out some of the others that the author also reccommends...

A whole new world will open up for you!!!

smile

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
@UCOF: you can test the quality of eggs by putting them in water. they float or rise = bad, they sink = good... Spares you the sulfuric smell in the kitchen. I'm far from saying that, by not questioning them, the good knowledge of our grandparents is lost forever, or that your granny was a clever woman... wink

@fyrespirit: this sounds like "wholism" to me...

The quote is one of THE Zen aspects I came across so far. If you KNOW that you DON'T KNOW - then you know, that you don't know. But if you DON'T KNOW, how can you possibly know that you don't? wink ubblol

I like what you're saying about the shadow self...

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Guys... I appreciate what your saying there... but your all off topic spank

Especially you tom... who managed to write a whole psot that had nothing to do with dreams at all. Bad boy...

Fyrespirit... thanks for sharing....

Dreams... I'd like this thread to be a place where people can come a post about what dreams they are having. I'd like to keep it simple...

Love is the law.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Tom: cheers, I know the thing about the eggs in water to test for edibleness....otherwise I wouldnt have dreamed about it... or its just my granma trying to contact me about eggs... umm

Aiden, WTF??!? Off topic?!?! eek

Written by: Ado-P from the first post

What do you Dream about?

Do you remember your dreams?

I thought I just told you what I dreamed about!!!! tongue

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Not you... sorry, you and your eggs and your dreams are all very welcome smile hug

Love is the law.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
biggrin hug
erm...erm... erm.. *tries desperatly to think of something about dreams so he isnt off topic*

I have dreamt I was a Power Ranger before.
Twice redface
 Written by: NYC

True story

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Last night I dreamt that I was walking in Bath with my boyfriend and another couple. We were in a Church yard, walked down some steps behind the church and that lead us to Belgium, as happens in dreams. There were bakeries everywhere but everytime we walked into one, there would be other stuff inside like clothes or antigues when all I wanted was chocolate and biscuits and pastries. Very frustrating!

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
ubblol If dreams are personal only and we (individually) have our own (sub/conscious mind) language:

Why do many people have the same/ very similar dreams (like flying)? Is it a cultural thing?

How can scientists claim to know what they mean?

I guess Freud was the one who said that dreams were expressions of our (sub)conscious (mostly sexual) desires... If I think about it twice.. yupp I'd love to have sex, whilst flying...

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Firetramp

Last night I dreamt that I was walking in Bath with my boyfriend and another couple. We were in a Church yard,

Oh, wow!!!!! I love Bath!!! One of my favourite places here in NC!!! Wasn't the Old Bath Church in your dream was it!!!??

*Yeah..I know..off topic!!!*

Could tell all of you guys my ideas on dream interpretation, but we'd be here forever!!! And you haven't asked!!!

Oh...the quote in my earlier post was from the Tao-te Ching!

In a nutshell, it means...

If you think that you know everything...sorry, you're wrong...
If you know that life is one ongoing learning process, then you have got the right idea!!!

The person who thinks that they have found the ultimate truth is wrong.

I would never presume to even think that I know the ultimate truth.....just what's right for me!!!

All done now!!!

biggrin hug biggrin

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Erm...actually I think she meant Bath near Bristol in England...sorry.. smile

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Yes, the one in England although the Church yard wasn't an existing place. Well, not that I know of.

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Oops...well there is a Bath here, too!!!

It's very pretty and quaint!!!

Maybe the church yard you saw *was* the one in Bath, NC.

Tried to show you pic...still can't quite figure out how!!!

Still a bit comp illit!!!

shrug
EDITED_BY: fyrespirit (1160759418)

--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
eek spanner, this is a nightmare.

I often had some of cops (car) chasing after and shooting at me... but that was a exagerated residue of a real event happening...

One of the weirdest I ever heard of was one of a friend - that he woke up one morning (as usual) by the alarm clock ringing, went to the bathroom, got dressed, had breakfast, opened the front door to get to work and heard the sound of the alarm clock, waking up, walking to the bathroom, getting dressed, breakfast, walking out for work, hearing the sound of the alarm clock, waking up, walking to the bathroom, getting dressed, breakfast, walking out for work, hearing the sound of the alarm clock.... The repetition was about 5 times or so and in the end he woke up by the alarm clock (...) walked off to work and was (internally) waiting all day to wake up to the alarm again... in a funny state of mind...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I had a dream with Jason Garfield in the other night... turns out he is a nice guy in my mind! ubblol
I also carried my dads WW2 plane for him when he got tired...
Which is odd seeing as he doesnt have a WW2 plane... confused

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
What you always wanted to know about the dream state and didn't dare to ask

ach - excuse, this one is the "dream interpretation site", previous is scientific wink

Wiki on dreams seems to be controversy... errm disputed

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I rarely remember dreams but whenever I do 99% of the time they're about sex.

These dreams are more frequent when I'm in a relationship, and often contain me getting it on with somebody else who isnt my partner!
Which always makes me feel a bit guilty, although I know things have only happend in my head.

A couple of weeks back dreamt that I had a penis....that was a good dream...
redface ubblol

I dream lots in the morning, if I've been woken up and fall back asleep again. They're very fast dreams with lots of information in them which gets scrambled up in my head and forgotten by the time I've gone to madatory morning toilet trip.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
... Aimee: you dare to tell your partner? umm wink Would be interesting to see the reaction, no?

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
ubblolI like the sound of your dream Aimee!

bounce I didn't smoke anything before bed last friday and I had about 5 dreams! I woke up a little bit after each one and remembered them, wish I'd written them down straight away though as they've become a bit mixed up in my head!

They were all based in the same house, in a big kitchen where I was sat around the table with a few other people. Sometimes I knew the people I was sat with, other times they were 'dream' characters. The one I remember the best was when I opened the kitchen door and there was a big black bear outside trying to get into the house, so we had to barricade the door up, but the bear got in anyway so we had to hide in another room.

One of the dreams I had would have turned into an orgy, except I got jealous cos my ex-boyfriend (who I guess I was still going out with in the dream) was getting it on with two other girls so I stormed out of the dream in a huff. ubblol

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Wow Aimee... wink

I only have a fragment of a dream from last week. I was standin in a shop and the till opened out in the wrong direction. So it came out towards me instead of the shopkeeper.

I had very strong and clear one over the weekend. It was the first time I ever went to sleep with intent. A person told me in very clear terms.

'Look at the stupidity of what you are doing you f*cing idiot*

The actual language and imagery was alot stronger than that but the message could not have been clearer.

Love is the law.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Dreamt of escaping prison with a fellow inmate and a bag full of cash, making my way across open fields, hiding in the croc infested waters... umm

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
me and my girlfriend went on a bit of a trippy mind exploration this weekend. [edit]*censored*[edit] enduced dreams and stuff.. realy interesting stuff! i was talking to a little green blob made up of a cololction of tubes. it took me to its village and told me its name was chi'anora we had quite a long chat. it was loads of fun.

then i was just letting my mind wander & i could see the universe and loads of different galaxies. then i was on a rollercoaster of lights... loads of fun.

i also heard a great line in a film that sums up my thinking on dreams:

"the signs in dreams cannot explain the dreams themselves, no more than the postmans knock can not explain whats in a letter... but it depends how hard he knocks... and for how long."
EDITED_BY: doctor_fandango (1161094326)

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

Aeorimember
77 posts

Posted:
If I dream I rarely remember them and those I do have are either about sex or I somehow end up as an extra but main character in a TV show or film I'd been watching... joys

Fear my wrath and call me muffin for I am the muffin of doom!!

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Can we turn this into a "dream diary"? bounce

Today I dreamt that Andy (from Munich) was getting a HUGE commercial buidling from his parents for making parties, giving workshops and all kinds of beautiful stuff... *sigh* Didn't dare to dream someone would do that to me...

Dream on...

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
has anybody ever been laying in bed with their eyes closed yet been able to see a crystal clear vision of the room they where in as though it was light in the room and you had your eyes open???

i've had this 3 or 4 times in the last few years and it's rather an odd feeling as you know it's dark in the room and you have your eyes closed ubbloco

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Haven't quite had that, but one time I kind of woke up before I was awake and could see myself lying on the bed. It was really wierd, I remember thinking 'Hmm, I must awake now because I'm thinking, so I should try to sit up' so I tried, and it looked and felt like part of me sat up while the rest was laid down still... I could feel my body sitting up but could still feel the bed against my back. It was a very strange sensation/dream, like I got stuck between sleeping and waking.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I have frequent dreams where I'm fully aware that I'm dreaming but cannot wake up. I often have to overcome some sort of obstacle in order to wake up. Kind of like a video, where if I fail to complete the task I have to start all over again.

* Once I had to outrun the entire cast of the 'Phantom of the Opera' musical (whom I went to see then ended up joining the cast mid-performance) who were chasing me and Christian Slater and Minnie Driver all over town, across piazzas, up through loft apartments, down alleyways. I was always caught and had to start again. I can never remember if I completed the task when I finally wake up.

* Another time I was a member of the X-Men trapped in a wooden windwill or belfrey and we all had to use our powers to turn the place apart to find a key that will let us out and allow me to wake up. We failed several times. Even Storm used her powers to look under the sofa cushions.

I also have reoccurring dreams about having telekinesis... AND finally consumating a relationship with a never-to-be-requited love! (No not in the same dream, though that would be interesting!)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Page: ...