DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Sometimes scientists make such profound discoveries I just have to tell all my friends.

Scientist says Stonehenge a monument to female genitalia

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Yep, that is a theory

If I could think of anything else to say I would but for now... thats it

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Atleast it's not suggesting druids used their magic super powers and their robot horses to build stone henge to make a landing pad for aliens.

729 posts

Posted:
Yeah, but that would at least be somewhat cooler (I am sci-fi geek).

Hey wait, that must mean there's some sort of counterpart to the Stonehenge, right? Perhaps the leaning tower of Pisa (it is old, after all)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"...first thought of Stonehenge's connection to women after noticing how some of the stones were smooth, while others were left rough."

Well that explains it all doesnt it!

oh a giant haze has been lifted from my eyes...i can see properly now!

what a load of shit.

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Crazy people, As if
Oooo, lookie here par, this here house brick looks like a squirrels dick, thats why we build houses,
to worship the squirrels.
I mean, Come on!!!!
LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
High Class Hippy No:1
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

[ 07. March 2003, 00:45: Message edited by: Trippy Hippy ]

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
I dunno. Seems fair enough to me.

Stonehenge isn't a functional structure (unless you reckon its a calendar), so its there for some ritual purpose, to symbolise something.

This guys theorys and reasoning aren't gone into on the site, so it's hard to judge how justified it is. But why say that it's "wack-ass" or obviously shit? Because druids didn't know about women's bits? Take a look at that giant chalk dude on the hillside and his enormous... um... feet. And that representing the Mother Goddess stuff sounded convincingly druidic to me, but I'm no expert.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

729 posts

Posted:
Sensationalism, my friend

I originally intended to title it "Stonehenge is a giant vagina!!" But I thought that sort of thing might be considered offensive, so I gave it a funny, quirky sort of subject that would draw the eyes.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Astar:
Atleast it's not suggesting druids used their magic super powers and their robot horses to build stone henge to make a landing pad for aliens.
Astar, that's so silly, I can't even begin.

It was built by aliens as a landing pad for Elvis!

Sheesh, can't you get anything right?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
Naw, I'm pretty sure, he's a got a 'whack ass' theory.

The stones were used as a temple, a calendar, and as it has been quite effectively presented, an astromony tool as well. They were erected with amazingly advanced geometric exactness. The precise placement of the stones correlate directly with the movements of stars, predicatable cosmic events, eclipses, lunar phases, one of the stones even match the rising sun's position on the summer solstice perfectly.

While it's true we don't know for sure what those crazy Druids were up to, I'm pretty sure it was not an ode to women's unmentionables.

What was that show called again? "The Vagina Megaliths" No, no, Monologues! That's it...

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
hold on there promotheus, you may have just provided more evidence to support the theory.

*ponders*

So.... stonehenge was an astronomy tool, women like horoscopes... and so... nah that can't be it.

Stonehenge was a calendar... calendars have months... lunar cycles are monthly.... lunar cycles have always been closely associated in ritual with women's menstrual cycles...

Face facts guys, its a big vagina.

[ 07. March 2003, 11:35: Message edited by: Rozi ]

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
The Vagina Monoliths

thats classic

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."