PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I thought this was awesome and inspiring, in a weird way.

https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=st..._crucifixion_dc

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Wasianmember
15 posts

Posted:
OK, I respect the idea, but she is stupid. I am totally against the war but what she doesnt understand is we where the ones that where attacked. We are not going to attack unless we are threatened like we are, we are constantly being threatened by them. By some person offering herself to be crusifide or whatever, does not solve the promblums. What are we suppose to do if they attack us, "Oh sorry we cant fight back becasue we had a promise with a women who was murdered so we couldnt attack." Im sorry but that is dumb.

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Wasian:
We are not going to attack unless we are threatened like we are
After the 9/11 yes.....but before that??

Sorry but I remember the 'napalm kids' ....

the award winning picture of a little girl with her brother on her back...

the children in Chile....Cambodia....Afganistan...Iraq....Korea...
Japan....
and on and on and on....

what was the threat then? no foreign bullet ever reach americas ground ....

It might sound like I'm flaming you Wasian....I'm not.....I'm flaming US foreign politics

From someone who havent taken a stand on the Iraq-crisis

Peace

I like Fire.. :)

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Wasian:

We are not going to attack unless we are threatened like we are, we are constantly being threatened by them.
I still am drawing a blank here.When exactly has Saddam threatened us? Don't give me any propaganda or media sensationalism either.

You know I must say I love how everyone sees due cause to attack Iraq and yet North Korea is a far greater threat and is getting more dangerous every day but we can be diplomatic with them.

Has anyone else heard about the proposed U.S. military strategy? Between 2000 and 3000 bombs to be dropped on Baghdad in less than 48 hours. And we accuse Saddam of genocide?

Also the point of the story wasn't about stopping a war by this woman allowing herself to be crucified.She was actually eluding to the fact that G.W. is a coward and has no problem sending American,British,Australian and Iraqi soldiers and Iraqi civilians to their deaths as long as he is 3000 miles away from the action.

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Quality lyrics!!

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I guess I appreciate her ability to play the media to get her point across.

Is she brave? self-sacrificing? No.

She isn't putting anything on the line and she is getting tons of attention. Unless she is really stupid she knows she doesn't have to follow through with her silly proposal to be crucified inplace of aggression agaisnt iraq.