Forums > Social Chat > Spinning in public show for the first time. Need advice.

Login/Join to Participate

AnthsonSILVER Member
16 posts

Posted:
I'll be performing the evening show at the Indian Summer Heritage Festival in Helena, Texas October 21. This will be my first time spinning fire for an audience and I was wondering if anyone had advice or words of wisdom. I'm also in the process of coreographing a routine, so any general tips with that would be appreciated, too.

miestamember
101 posts

Posted:
a show just by yourself? theres a lot involved in a good show. you need some good music (tells story) that has a good ending. what toys are you using?
when i started i just put my head down and played, thats boring. so make sure you interact a bit with the audience or other people your doing the show with. umm...do tricks your confident with and have fun! dance around lots and make it entertaining.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
[Old link]
biggrin

best of luck oh and its the best feeling ever when you have finished hug best of luck

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

AnthsonSILVER Member
16 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the link. My show will be a four-minute routine, and I have picked out the music for it. I'm still working on a few parts, but for the most part, I have the whole routine down. This will be a very straightforward performance. I'll be introduced, the music will start, I'll start, the music will stop, I'll finish, and hopefully everyone will be nice and un-burned. They might even applaud.