Forums > Videos > Common Ground 2006 Video thread!

Login/Join to Participate

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Hey all!

This thread is for the linking of videos relating to Common Ground.

Here is one i took with my dodgy kodak camera which can only record in 30 second stints and i didnt have enough memory for a followup, but here it is!

Feel free to post your linkses here too smile

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
hey everyone, just a personal request, if you have videos of common ground we would REALLY like copies of them. That goes for Photos too. If we like the vid (and it can be as random as you like) it might make it onto a highlights vid that we are making.

For this to work, we really need a copy of the vid, not a link to a google or youtube service. If you really cant find hosting for your vid, please send it to us by post on a CD. PLEASE! smile

last year Kate and I didnt get ANY footage of the event, because we were too busy running it to get our cameras out. We really really want some footage, to help our Grant applications. if we cant prove we did anything they wont know what we can do. Its hard to prove we did anything without footage so PLEASE PLEASE send it to us. If you want money for postage thats fine we will send it to you.

Thanks to all that came and made it so special.

Hugz,

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

anti_finBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
https://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g240/s11028/?action=view¤t=Movie.flv

juggling. good times

forever twirling, twirling towards victory

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Yep, please send in footage as soon as you can. I know by experience that if you fanny about for a couple weeks then it never gets done.

I've got my footage of teh show from a side angle. I can start work on a little show promo soon. I need kyles footage from front angle to drop in at some point.

I'm thinking 10 minutes of clips of everyone in order of appearance. I'll pick out good bits (often it's as much up to camera focus as skill level so don't be bummed if i cut bits of you out please, hopefully the 2 camera angles will sort this issue out)

What music shall i edit to? Would be good to use a track we have some copyrights to.

Lots of you have seen the kind of work i've done, it ranges from very clear video to very obscure eye candy. SO where on that scale do you want this?

I can probably spend 3-4 days or so on this so it should be fairly well finished.

All input will be very handy,

matt

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TheWibbler

What music shall i edit to? Would be good to use a track we have some copyrights to.

Im having that problem! good tunes are hard to come by - although there are people on these boards who are quite gifted! biggrin

good luck matt - i may be sending you a pm shortly as i have much work to do and would like some insight with where you are going with this.......

Play 2 now has to kick ass thanks to you rolleyes wink biggrin

hug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
haha, play 2 will be great i'm sure. I've still not seen play 1 tho frown

Will help any way i can.

I don't think there is a plan for a dvd. I suggest that i make a promo for the show that could be used on something else if need be.

I think a dvd might be a bit over the top, unless there is a very good reponse to asking for footage. I would suggest thinking about making perhaps 30-45 minute VCD. It wouldn't take too long to make. Easy, quick and fairly inexpensive to make. Should work in most dvd players and all pcs.

m

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
If you do make a shorter one more high impact then perhaps we could us it on P2 somewhere smile

Bit like last time for Spercularvision smile

Bee in touch biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
That's a good idea.

Tis all up to Josh and Kate to decide. But i really liked that you put the trailer on play dvd. It's really nice to cross mojo-nate.....

really must sleep zz ZZZ

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
if you guys can't find any hosting, you can always put it on megaupload or rapidshare.de smile

Good luck! I hope to see the finished video sometime.

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
if people need hosting, i got space ubbangel

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
josh and i both have plenty o hosting. Plus i never trust those upload sites, but thanks for the input

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TheWibbler

I would suggest thinking about making perhaps 30-45 minute VCD. It wouldn't take too long to make. Easy, quick and fairly inexpensive to make. Should work in most dvd players and all pcs.

including Macs please too.... smile

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
a mac is a pc, 'personal computer', remember the good old days when they were refered to as power pc's wink

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
aaaaaah nice one then ubbrollsmile

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
thanks for the werk, matt.
me n jen hahve heeps of footage.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
BUMP

So then Josh, did you get any more footage?

Is there a song to mix the show to? Or should i just shpongalize it or sumfing?

hey bender, i'm back in melb on wednesday, how bout we meet up and do something with all this footage, i'll get in touch about it.

I need to find some storage space for my footage cos i'm still all clogged up with sphercular dvdness.

anyhoo,

Anyone who has footage, who's been meaning to do something with it, get it to Josh and Kate.

m