Forums > Social Discussion > US "Extraordinary Renditions": State terrorism

Login/Join to Participate

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
This is an "extension thread" to my latest "US gov't accused of kidnapping".

The practice to kidnap and detain "suspects" of various nationality ILLEGALLY, holding them without any trial for months and years, exposing them to torture (errm extreme interrogation), not notifying their families whether or not they are still alive - this is the height of cynic "US global war on terror".

I have problems to differenciate between the unlawful acts that the US govt is practicing and those of the terrorists themselves. Fortunately the responsible CIA agents were acting so foolish, that the entire deal is going public. Agents' identities have been revealed and European law enforcement agencies are calling for the US to provide informations about and access to the responsible agents.

But I like to emphasize: Don't kill the messenger! It's not the agent himself, who decided to go on an manhunt. SHe's only following orders and guidelines - given by higher authorities.

Therefore I am repeating: IMHO Mr. President G.W. Bush is to be held responsible for the crimes comitted under his "republican regime"! Along with him the responsible commanders of CIA. Whenever one of them touches European soil, they should get arrested, held and interrogated on accusations of kidnapping and torture!

Wiki article upon "extraordinary renditions"

... and friggin don't tell me: But maybe he didn't know! It's his duty to know what is going on within his administration - and most certainly: He knows exactly what is going on. I don't buy his "I'm just a simple cowboy from Texas and can't harm a flie" image anymore.

More on the subject

and more

and more

Wiki on "State terrorism"

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireTom

This is an "extension thread" to my latest "US gov't accused of kidnapping".

But I like to emphasize: Don't kill the messenger! It's not the agent himself, who decided to go on an manhunt. SHe's only following orders and guidelines - given by higher authorities.

Really?

Do you think we should as them which way they voted before we judge them?

Love is the law.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Yupp, at least we should not stop with the messengers... it's one thing to say: "You should have disobeyed the order and therefore you will receive punishment." Certainly they will have to bear the responsibility that comes with their job.

But we should not stop questioning there, but continue: "who is responsible for the orders?" and dispense some proper spank ing to them as well.

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink