Forums > Social Chat > Need: Downloadable Ambient/Chillout

Login/Join to Participate

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I think I'd like to start spinning to Ambient. I've been fixated on using the beat for so long I'd like to go the other way.

Are there any sites with actual downloads? I know www.di.fm has streaming but I'd like some quality tracks to play with.

I do understand that every time someone starts a music thread a puppy dies but maybe it was an ugly puppy. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
But luckily every time somebody listens to ambient music, a kitten fairy dies, so it's all okay... ubbangel

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Depends on the year.

2004 it was psytrance that killed kittens whereas in 2005 it was breaks.

But how could you hate ambient? It's like a cello with some water dripping. Or single notes on the piano with some wind over tibetan chanting. Or some kid whistling over the sound of a '57 Chevy engine. OK, maybe it's a little annoying. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Just listen to ambient silence then... or the the gentle sounds of the cars and roadway close by.... Everytime you listen to a car go by, the world gets a little more polluted. You should try an express how that makes you feel in a lyrical dance with poi...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I think you mixed up which one of us is the hippy.

wink

No ambient/chillout kids?

I find that hard to believe.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
watch this

or you could try www.djmixtape.net

it has a wealth of tunes in their archives

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: NYC

but you didn't just request good ambient/chillout - you requested free ambient/chillout that you could download, for free.

i ain't got none of that.

i'm not too sure about music genres over in this direction but for chilledness that has nice variable rhythms and works with spinning/juggling/contact i like four tet and jazzanova.

buy the cds if ya like it smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

JTSpinnerSILVER Member
Learnin About Burnin
385 posts

Posted:
Have you tried (look out cause here comes that sinful software to many wink a P2P program such as LimeWire or any of the others??

I may be crazy but I ain't stupid

Life is to short to waste it on stupidity

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: coleman

Written by: NYC

but you didn't just request good ambient/chillout - you requested free ambient/chillout that you could download, for free.

i ain't got none of that.

i'm not too sure about music genres over in this direction but for chilledness that has nice variable rhythms and works with spinning/juggling/contact i like four tet and jazzanova.

buy the cds if ya like it smile

cole. x

The problem that I have, specifically with ambient, is that I'll often hear snipets of stuff that I like in a random coffee shop and then buy the CD and hate it.

I take full responsibility for that shotcoming but that's why I was looking for free downloads. That mixtape site looks interesting, I'll have to check it out when I get home.

Keep 'em comin' if you got 'em.

smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
oh, that makes sense - if only napster had thought of putting it that way... wink

hug

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Well, I don't know how well the "I stole the car to see if I like the way it handled first" defense would have worked. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]