Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Burning Man Decompression with The Philadelphia Experiment!

Login/Join to Participate

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
2006 Philadelphia Unofficial Burning Man Decompression Party!!!

Hosted by The Philadelphia Experiment

That's right - The Philadelphia Experiment is throwing a Burning Man decompression party on Saturday, October 28th.
The compressor party was a total success and raised over $3500 for our camp which was used to buy a new shade structure which kept us super cool in the desert heat. This time, the party promises to be even better with more/different DJs spinning the latest in funky and soulful house, fire performances by Philly Fire and friends from around the country, costumes and decor galore to quench the Halloween burner's appetite, and more.

There were complaints about the heat and dirt experienced during the compressor. Let me assure you that these problems are being addressed and shall not be an issue this time around.

Details are still being determined so stay tuned for more info. In the mean time, if you are a fire performer and would like to play along with us, send me a PM and we can discuss the possibility.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Ok all, here are the details!

When: Saturday, Oct 28 2006
Time: 10pm - 6am EST
Where: 1750 N. 5th Street, Philadelphia PA
What: Philadelphia Experiment Fundraiser
Cost: $10 with costume/playa wear/fetish wear, $20 without

What you'll experience:
Quite possibly the craziest party in Philly this year. For this event, we are opening up the second floor.

The first floor will be hosted by The Philadelphia Experiment and have DJs, a big dance floor, fire performances, live performance art, aerial silk performances, sculpted and painted art, visual display, a bar, and a lounge, all decorated by The Black Rock Bitches.

The second floor is hosted by Reno and Metaforik. It will be the fetish/goth floor with DJs, live human installations, a fetish dungeon, lounge and haunted decor by DNA Intl. Also Heard of Elephants will present
choreography of "Pieces of The Puzzle" and Visuals by Media Giant

DJ List:
(First Floor)
Rob Paine (Worship, Shakedown)
K-Fancy (SneakySpins, San Fran/Taiwan)
Hollis P. Monroe (HeadsUp, Renaissance Infinity)
Dave Mass (611 Records, PSC)
Lucas Rivera (Mojito, Bornill Recordings)
Hito (Tigerhook Corp)
Lee Mayjahs? (PEX, BRC)
Mike Nyce (Tasty Treats, Soundboy)

(Second Floor)
Mighty Mike Saga (SHOCK Therapy, Vesago)
Jay Shock (Light it up Productions)
Deadboy (Freak)
Media Giant & Special Guest Djs.

All proceeds go to The Philadelphia Experiment. Please come by to support us and help make our Burning Man camp even better!

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
This gonna be one helluva party...

That I'm gonna have to miss this time.

But anybody with a pulse should go.

biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Ugh... Your first sentence got me all excited, then your second totally broke my heart. The third rubbed it in, and the smiley is just mocking me. Thanks wink

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me