hafsha1member
35 posts

Posted:
BTB (behind the back) weave; ANY pointers? I am so stuck! Is this a really hard move, cause it feels as though it will take a little while longer to learn it.

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
It is a really hard move. It took me a month of daily practice to get it.It's been discussed before--search the archives.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah, this one definitely took me longer to learn than any other move I've learned so far.Start with one poi. (This is probably obvious.) Stand with your feet together, leaning slightly forward at the waist. See if you can get that arm all the way around to the other side behind your back while doing a reverse swing and then back to the near side.Then when you can do this semi-reliably without hurting yourself too badly, try getting a simple crossover behind the back.The work on doing it split-time.The work on getting the arm rotation for a full weave behind your back.Small steps..HTH,-protie

hafsha1member
35 posts

Posted:
Wow, that sucks (for me) that the move is really difficult. Thanks for the pointers though, I'll be working at it.