Forums > Social Chat > strangest/weirdest/craziest poi you've spun

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Biomechanoidmember
15 posts

Posted:
I'm sure we've all done some crazy stuff in our reckless beginnings. I'm curious to see what all has been spun

Guess I'll start off:

and yes I wasn't completely sober when I did some of these.

Fuzzy dice (for practice)
Old boots- yes I did light them on fire
various fireworks- no one hurt, luckily
and the infamouse wicks with black powder

off-topic.net > *.*

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Inside the pizza place I work at, I actually spun our oven mitts. Pretty balanced, if you ask me... and the customers loved it.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
at school there was these kids in that "Color gaurd" flag twirling thing...
well my friend was in there and i was making fun of her coz she was off balance...and so she made me do try it out...
i had been surfing the site a little earlier and had learned the basics of the thing and tried it out.....it was really good...
then there was the un-attached earphones...
and the keychains and lightbulbs but those are a diffrent story...
(P.S.)
i love these smiles

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
God i spin whatever's in my hands!
Some for example,
Pens, headphones, keys, shopping bags, necklaces, clothes (when i get dressed it takes me double the time, i spin my trousers, my tops, underwear...) tinsel, tissues...
Nothing's safe in my hands.

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
The most dangerous thing I have ever spun was a 3 foot piece of rebar.Anyone who is unfamiliar with rebar let me just say it is pretty heavy (even for a piece only 3 feet long) and tends to leave a wickedly dangerous edge when it is cut.I'm in a construction trade so there is always things to spin e.g. threaded rods,extension cords,copper pipe,chains,etc,etc.

Where is pozee ??? I hear he likes to spin frozen loaves of bread.

Of course I also have a set of 8 inch long cathedral wicks that I spin pretty regularly.They make for a wicked burn but damn they're heavy.

Biomechanoidmember
15 posts

Posted:
oh yea eheheh I forgot to include the frozen chicken I spun at work nearly got me written up when my manager caught me

off-topic.net > *.*

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
I'm all about the socks, gloves, t-shirts, and whatever else I find in my laundary basket. Long bungee cords are fun too. Bike locks and my computer lock when I'm bored too. I scare people when I take out this rusty chain with a giant masterlock on the end and start playing with that, heavy beast it is

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I found myself doing some contact baguette earlier

Oh yeah, most people think my normal poi are strange/wierd/crazy, just because they're a bit heavy

[ 02. March 2003, 13:01: Message edited by: TheBovrilMonkey ]

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Big ole' soup ladles from our co-op's kitchen.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

knagiiBRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
How's about.... 2 giant bricks of steel wool. 24 pads per head wired lengthwise. Spun them up to 1500 degree's and watched em fly... Then wrapped them around my wrist.. Ouch, pics in gallery

Phuhzzzie Wuhzzzie the Pumpkin Kingmember
141 posts

Posted:
I like to play the "Funny Poi Game" the rules are simple; you and maybe a mate or two go into shops (I've found that tacky $2 junk shops are the best) and run around looking for something funny to twirl! Easy! I was poiing with these squeaking rubber pigs last time I played this game. The game tends to work in a "one-up" sort of way, I twirl with something funny, you twirl with something funnier, so I twirl with something even funnier, so you twril with something funnier still, so I twirl.......... you get the point.

A wise man once said to me, Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe! and in a way, I guess he was right.

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Old school cap and school tie, whilst listening to some old skool! In the middle of a crowded students union, unfortunately. In my defence, this was at about 2 in the morning, and I had been drinking for 13 hours. They worked surprisingly well, or at least I thought so at the time.

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
I swing my bird He hangs on a sock n I swing him around..Only good for weave moves so far, but we're getting there

parrot poi, heheh

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
ah yes, but thats only single parrot poi, the double will commence once a suitable cantidate has been purchased.

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

Wasianmember
15 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, strangest things I've ever spun, well I always do the cloths things, and when I'm a little tipsy turby, I have a promblum with wanting to be a bar tender and I twirl the bottles. Also I twirl my neice and my dogs, I mean literally.

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
Kittens.

Magnus... pay it forward

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
gerbils....

they were dead afterwards tho...

nah..not really..ive been pretty boring really....nothing very exciting...however i have poied on top of a mountain.... pictures are in the galery..

ChorinBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
about the weirdest thing I've twirled was my chalk bags on a climbing trip. that and some shopping bags.

the parrot poi sound interesting musashi

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
All my lighters are on strings.. can practise anywhere..

Strangest thing would be frozen poussin (baby chickens).. they tasted good after they'd been cooked too! Lots of garlic and red wine..mmmmmmmm

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
two red london buses(long strings)

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Managed a 3 beat weave for a short while with my two nephews when they were smaller...

Don't worry, be happy...

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
The shopping baskets (green ones) from safeway (harder if full)

Badmington rackets, Ive just got into thease and thy got loads of potential for contact....

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
can you do a reverse weave while keeping three shuttlecocks in the mills mess pattern yet nix?

my weirdest poi (although i never got to actually play with them so they might not count) were broken baby dolls from a charity shop - the ones where the eys close when they're laying flat.
when they spin, they go blink-open-blink-open-blink-open-blink...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Papa Lebamember
23 posts

Posted:
In Professor Leba's Freaky Deaky Voodoo Circus I spin with life poisonous snakes!
Well OK, they're made of rubber...
But who cares , they look like real...

Papa Leba((( If all that was unseen was seen, then that which we now see would be unseen )))

alanthejugglerdudemember
8 posts

Posted:
my friend alex had a pair of wrench poi. scares my mother. I once did a 5 raw egg cascade at work, about 20 catches and no breaks.

im alan, and thats my name.

tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
i spin my clean socks(no fire)

¿

AalatheaGOLD Member
80 posts

Posted:
i think the craziest thing i've spun were the snakes from bear claw. nothing hugely original. though this thread is giving me some ideas that i'm sure will drive my apartment mates nuts...

Mr Peteymember
43 posts

Posted:
From the Geekboy school of Poi I spsn a couple of mice while lurking in the back of our server room. From there I moved on to a couple of PC power cables, though the plug pins have me slightly worried

I regularly twirl my hat as it has a very useful tail.

DixieGOLD Member
old hand
740 posts

Posted:
Thread resurrection!

I Spin bottles of wine!

I also spun asparagus once but it doesn't work.

Important Notice.
Can be found elsewhere.

This signiture has malfunctioned and can currently display no information. This matter will be rectified shortly.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Didn't I see another thread on this somewhere else?

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
my sandles smile

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

Page: