Forums > Social Chat > Banana flavour cheese on toast

Login/Join to Participate

ClairebeSILVER Member
Destroyer of kitchen appliances
180 posts

Posted:
My mum offered to cook tea tonight since I'm staying at my parents' house for a bit. Being rather knackered after the 11 hour trip back from Falmouth, I was pathetically grateful for the offer of free food until I got handed a piece of cheese on toast.

Apparently she found a recipe for Welsh Rarebit which is the national dish of Wales and appears to consist of cheese mixed with beer and mustard. I took one bite out of it - and it tasted like bananas.

I took it upon myself to investigate why and found a half empty bottle of Banana Bread beer in the kitchen.

I asked my mother if there was any particular reason for using Banana Beer and she said it was all she had. I made her taste the cheese and toast and neither of us can stop laughing.

I find it rather disturbing that my mother didn't think that banana beer would taste like bananas. biggrin ubblol

My brain is about as useful as a chocolate teapot, but unfortunately not as tasty.

Squueee!

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i love bannana cheese on toast, it has to be mild cheddar or it over powers the bananas but they do work well together, also good is plantaine(sp??)

ClairebeSILVER Member
Destroyer of kitchen appliances
180 posts

Posted:
Even though I wasn't expecting the banana flavour, it was strangely nice. I might have to try actual bananas with cheese on toast next time.

My brain is about as useful as a chocolate teapot, but unfortunately not as tasty.

Squueee!

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
happens. Once my mother went to Tunesia and came back with the insight that peppermint can be added to almost all dishes. Try noodle-veggie-extra-cheese-casserole with peppermint! *yuk*

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
well, i'm willing to try anything once, banana cheese you say...?

Onion flavoured fruit is generally not so good though, always remember to clean your chopping board post onion...

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

miestamember
101 posts

Posted:
banana cheese sounds yum as! bananas could be worth more than the cheese here though lol
id try it!